Donald Jones - brutal listen

Estro

Let's hope he really grows into his new job as sidekick to John Murphy on the John Murphy show because he's brutal right now. Seems like a good dude, but right now it's tough to even listen.

On a side topic, I think WGR is losing a good one in Matthew Coller. Always appreciated his opinions. I feel like I know the game better after listening to his points. The exact opposite of John Murphy.

One thing he was right about was he called Goodwin a track guy trying to play football. Coming from a former WR in the league we should all pay attention a little.

Jesus man. Did Goodwin have a threesome with your mom and wife? Your crusade against the guy is kind of disturbing.

I like him better than his previous sidekick. He did go off on Belicheat didn't treat him like a person when he was NE and how nice Chan was, so that's all you need to know about that situation.

That being said the only people worth listening to on that station are Sal Capaccio, Paul Hamilton and Matthew Collier. Bulldog isn't awful but Schoop is sooo bad he seems better than he probably is.

I don't understand the disdain for Schoop. He's my favorite guy on WGR. He sometimes irritates callers because he's quick to disagree and get into arguments, but thats whats sports talk radio is about. I think he's intelligent and he gives you the "dirty" truth that you often times won't hear. If you want a bunch of rosy colored updates and propoganda you can tune into the John Murphy show.

I don't get the Coller praise. I could agree with some of his takes but overall the guy was (is) a sanctimonious, arrogant jerk who lied about being a college baseball player. I loved it when Tim Graham called him out for that and embarrassed him. Coller ended up blocking Graham on Twitter like a petulant child who didn't get his way.

I don't get the Coller praise. I could agree with some of his takes but overall the guy was (is) a sanctimonious, arrogant jerk

I think Jeremy White and Schopp have the market cornered in all of these categories.

I get that having an opinion on everything is a job requirement. But treating that opinion as gospel is way too arrogant for my taste.

I don't understand the disdain for Schoop. He's my favorite guy on WGR. He sometimes irritates callers because he's quick to disagree and get into arguments, but thats whats sports talk radio is about. I think he's intelligent and he gives you the "dirty" truth that you often times won't hear. If you want a bunch of rosy colored updates and propoganda you can tune into the John Murphy show.

The problem I have with schopp is he will dismiss a callers point and then 5 minutes later make the same point like it was his own idea in order to dismiss the next callers point.

Hi Mike! or is it Mike's mom?

Coller is good. He has a bright future.

I like Schopp and White.

Dont like Bulldog, it feels like he goes through the motions. Simon is kind of in the same boat, however, I feel like management makes him act like the foolish out of touch old guy. When he screws up the act and digs down and talks sports he is brilliant.

Murphy runs a good show. Jones is fine

Edited by May Day 10