Preseason Game 3: Bills at Washington - 8/26 at 7:30 PM

I was a Rex fan, but after this whole preseason I'm starting to understand the dislike for him. His practices are weak compared to other teams. NE has had two joint practices with the teams they were playing in the first two preseason games. I think that makes a huge difference for the players. Being able to go against someone other than your teammates. And now in the third preseason game, barely playing any starters? He is the only coach who does this. I won't be surprised if this team looks rusty against Baltimore and commits 15 penalties.

Edited by Bubba Gump

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'll tell you what though, Cousins isn't bad.

Even if it is against back ups, he's putting the ball in the perfect spot.

I wonder if it has anything do with the fact that any time he was touched there was a yellow flag?

Yeah, we started this game with our second D and they looked solid. I'm ok with it.

Seriously. The people getting their panties in a bunch over points and penalties being committed mostly by guys who won't be on this team come Week 1 is amazing. Washington and the "mighty" Cousins were scoreless until 8:01 remained in the 2nd quarter and the few Bills starters who bothered playing on D were already out of the game. The lack of perspective in a meaningless preseason game that the Foreskins used as a dress rehearsal and the Bills used to find their backups is ridiculous.

Theismann: "what do you think rex is going to tell his guys? Stop getting called for so many penalties? "

Nope, probably "guys, stop getting called for such unexplainable BS penalties. Not sure how you're going to do that, but..."

To those responding to my post, I very clearly said we are missing a lot of starters. I'm just wondering how many injuries we're going to end up carrying into the year if we barely played anyone (even at the start of the game) for this, the 'important' preseason game... combined with what looks like questionable depth at a lot of positions. I'm not saying 'doomed', I'm just saying I'm not impressed by what I'm seeing (considering its bench players mostly, that's not surprising).

Wow cousins and his first teamers are killing our 3rd stringers. That plus abole hockely and his phantom roughing the passed penalties. Some backups are making cuts pretty easy.

It took the Redskins midway through the 2nd quarter to start scoring against our backups. Rex really hasn't shown anything this preseason and is trying to keep as many players healthy as possible.

Yes folks... that was a flag against the Redskins picked up.

I've just never heard the explanation that "the illegal block was on the the other side of the field... and the pass was already thrown... and what difference, at this point, does it make?"

I blame it on the video.

To those responding to my post, I very clearly said we are missing a lot of starters. I'm just wondering how many injuries we're going to end up carrying into the year if we barely played anyone (even at the start of the game) for this, the 'important' preseason game... combined with what looks like questionable depth at a lot of positions. I'm not saying 'doomed', I'm just saying I'm not impressed by what I'm seeing (considering its bench players mostly, that's not surprising).

I'm with you on this.

So we also have from what I've read a good blocking TE. So you're saying after Clay and Gragg and the blocking TE, the rest all suck?? Do I have that right??

Um.... so first off, how many of the rest of those guys do you even think will be on the roster??

secondly, exactly how many teams have a top level 4th string TE??

Our tight ends after Clay and Gragg to a lesser extent are !@#$ing terrible.

Selfish part of me really wanted to see our starters play the first half and maybe have some sort of game, hopefully the reason we aren't playing our starters long is justified. Any word on Gragg? And btw the Redskins coverage is awful.