Preseason Game 3: Bills at Washington - 8/26 at 7:30 PM

So we also have from what I've read a good blocking TE. So you're saying after Clay and Gragg and the blocking TE, the rest all suck?? Do I have that right??

Um.... so first off, how many of the rest of those guys do you even think will be on the roster??

secondly, exactly how many teams have a top level 4th string TE??

Hopefully a decent guy gets cut somewhere. These guys aren't great

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

To those responding to my post, I very clearly said we are missing a lot of starters. I'm just wondering how many injuries we're going to end up carrying into the year if we barely played anyone (even at the start of the game) for this, the 'important' preseason game... combined with what looks like questionable depth at a lot of positions. I'm not saying 'doomed', I'm just saying I'm not impressed by what I'm seeing (considering its bench players mostly, that's not surprising).

I think this is the most excellent counter intuitive move i have ever seen. running the second and 3rd string against their first string nearly the whole 1st half.

See what ya got.

Cousins must be delighted he was not mauled by our starters. wheee!

So you saw the score and aren't watching, huh?

lol'd

good call

So we also have from what I've read a good blocking TE. So you're saying after Clay and Gragg and the blocking TE, the rest all suck?? Do I have that right??

Um.... so first off, how many of the rest of those guys do you even think will be on the roster??

Dray, who is supposed to be the good blocking TE you speak of, has been terrible.

No our blocking Tight End is !@#$ing terrible.

I think this is the most excellent counter intuitive move i have ever seen. running the second and 3rd string against their first string nearly the whole 1st half.

See what ya got.

Cousins must be delighted he was not mauled by our starters. wheee!

lol'd

good call

He was getting hit a bit too... Our o line has been the worst unit out there. They absolutely blew that first half more than anybody else

To those responding to my post, I very clearly said we are missing a lot of starters. I'm just wondering how many injuries we're going to end up carrying into the year if we barely played anyone (even at the start of the game) for this, the 'important' preseason game... combined with what looks like questionable depth at a lot of positions. I'm not saying 'doomed', I'm just saying I'm not impressed by what I'm seeing (considering its bench players mostly, that's not surprising).

Huh?

The Bills 2nd string defense held the Redskins scoreless. Then when they started putting in 3rd/4th string guys, Washingtont scored.

Honestly, I think you are reading into this game WAY too much. I'm not sure I even get what you mean, what if they have that many injuries? They would literally have to have 8 more players on defense out and 3 on offense. If that were to truly happen, what else would you expect?

Also, no one is game planning. With injuries and a week to prepare for an opponent you can figure some things out. Look at the Jets week 17 game last year as an example.

For all of those complaining about the penalties. Take a look. 8 by the Bills for 64 yards and 8 by the Foreskins for 67 yards. Most of the Bills' infractions were committed by backups. Washington played their starters THE ENTIRE HALF. Who really has the undisciplined coach/team here?? Get some perspective and, better yet, get a grip. Jesus H...

TEAM STATS

BUF WAS First Downs 7 14 Total Yards 127 227 Passing Yards 74 178 Rushing Yards 53 49 Penalties (Yds) 8(64) 8(67) Turnovers 1 1 Punts (AVG) 4(41) 2(53) Time of Pos. 14:14 15:46

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2016082655/2016/PRE3/bills@redskins#menu=drivechart&tab=track

Edited by ExWNYer

For all of those complaining about the penalties. Take a look. 8 by the Bills for 64 yards and 8 by the Foreskins for 67 yards. Most of the Bills' infractions were committed by backups. Washington played their starters THE ENTIRE HALF. Who really has the undisciplined coach/team here?? Get some perspective and, better yet, get a grip. Jesus H...

TEAM STATS
BUF WAS First Downs 7 14 Total Yards 127 227 Passing Yards 74 178 Rushing Yards 53 49 Penalties (Yds) 8(64) 8(67) Turnovers 1 1 Punts (AVG) 4(41) 2(53) Time of Pos. 14:14 15:46

Skins O line took a bunch of those penalties.

I don't excuse penalties because they are on backups. I don't care how many Washington have had. I care about the Bills given the problems we had with them last season.

Edit: I will excuse the two roughing the passer calls. Both were horse **** calls.

Edited by GunnerBill

I'm watching delayed; but that roughing the passer on Alexander was horrible, clearly was not at the knees :thumbdown::thumbdown:

yep and some targeted hit from Washington secondary took Gragg out. I saw two from the same buttmunch. rex needs to go punch someone on the Skin staff for that crap