Is Cyrus Kouandjio Still a Bust?

I've been rooting for Kujo ever since I found out how he spent his first offseason. He's worked his ass off to improve, and he's improving. He looks to be better this season than he was last season, and he was certainly better last season than he was his first (which, albeit, isn't saying much). But, there's no reason to believe he's reached his ceiling, is there?

I've been rooting for him since......they drafted him. The expectations for CK are so low that people were praising him for statistically awful play in the preseason. He has worked hard but he's wildly inconsistent and some of that is due to the bad knee and it's likely that's not going to change much with hard work. There is a fine line between being a good NFL player and being out of the league altogether, injuries like that are often the difference.

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The group that just sacked Andy Dalton 7 times is going to rip apart our line.

Tyrod takes too much time back there as it is, and he's not going to have an abundance of it tomorrow night.

I wish him a lot of good luck.

Edited by Fadingpain

The group that just sacked Andy Dalton 7 times is going to rip apart our line.

Tyrod takes too much time back there as it is, and he's not going to have an abundance of it tomorrow night.

I wish him a lot of good luck.

It has all the signs of being an ugly one. But you never know

fwiw, some pre-draft reports on CK had him as injured slow and weak. That's a bad hat trick

Kujo played his best game last night. That said, the Jets didn't use/don't have speed rushers.

This. He is strong. Speed will give him problems though is ultimately why he won't be a regular NFL starter. Also his knee is a time bomb that's been ticking since he was drafted. He was not supposed to be a developmental player; he was supposed to be a finished product at RT who would be solid but not last very long.

Kujo came into the league at 21. Right now he is the age that Eric Wood came into the league as a rookie. Wood said recently if he was in the NFL at 21, when Kujo came in, he would have got killed. Just something to think about.

Yep. Kujo has looked the part replacing Glenn. Glenn may the guy going to RT, which was the idea a couple years ago. May happen this season, since we are in "preseason" " training camp for 2017" mode already...