Is Cyrus Kouandjio Still a Bust?

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think in general, a team wants the 1st 3 round draft choices to be starters. So while he seems to have value, I think he's still a bust by the typical draft value assessment.

he was 20 when drafted, turned 21 during his first TC. Not sure he should be judged by the typical standard.

Wonder where Henderson will fall in all of this?

Because if CK is your starting LT, he is going to make alot more than 4-6 mil per year.

And by soon, I take it you mean in 10-15 years when most of these guys are not in the league anymore.

i didnt even catch the kujo at 4-6m.

at that point why slide cordy to RT in order to put a guy at the blindside that is the 23rd highest paid LT. Why not keep a top LT at LT and pay a top RT $6m

Kujo came into the league at 21. Right now he is the age that Eric Wood came into the league as a rookie. Wood said recently if he was in the NFL at 21, when Kujo came in, he would have got killed. Just something to think about.

this is an important point. watch out, you may see Glenn at RT some day if this kid works out.

It does raise a roster configuration question. If Cyrus can only play LT, are we content with that? If Henderson comes back to health, keep him as backup RT for 2017? Try and acquire a new RT in the draft.

Personally, yes, but I agree it is an interesting question. I still think that left tackle is a premium position in the NFL (for those that don't just watch the Seahawks) and if I have someone who is a serviceable, reliable, backup left tackle then I am willing to give him a roster spot even if it means keeping 9 linemen rather than 8.

Personally, yes, but I agree it is an interesting question. I still think that left tackle is a premium position in the NFL (for those that don't just watch the Seahawks) and if I have someone who is a serviceable, reliable, backup left tackle then I am willing to give him a roster spot even if it means keeping 9 linemen rather than 8.

I'm happy to work around the circumstances if Cyrus is only LT-capable. Ideally, you'd find a competent swing guy but is that versatility worth disrupting continuity for? The current system isn't broke so fixing it seems unnecessary.

If you can find a versatile C/G, even easier to jusify the status quo.