Is Cyrus Kouandjio Still a Bust?

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All comes down to that knee. He's definitely anchoring better playing LT than he did RT. Hard to tell if that's a comfort thing with the knee or improved technique though.

When Glenn comes back, I'd start him at RT. That's the only way to find out. Moving Glenn to RT isn't a good idea.

When Glenn comes back, I'd start him at RT. That's the only way to find out. Moving Glenn to RT isn't a good idea.

Hard to imagine these words coming out of my mouth but.........Jordan Mills hasn't been bad enough to warrant demoting him at this point.

If that changes by the time Glenn returns, it'll be interesting to see what happens with Cyrus. Some guys are just better moving one way than the other, not as simple as merely flipping him.

No he wouldnt. Go check Lane Johnsons contract.

And what does it matter. Kujo would he making half of what LT make once re-signed

If you are going with your top 5 it should be this.

LT - Kujo

LG - Richie

C - Wood

RG -Miller

RT- Glenn

Glenn is just not a RT. He is a LT in this league and if the Bills try to move him he will be unhappy and probably leave asap.

Plus Kouandjio hasn't been any better than Mills, IMO. Both average.

Edited by vincec

Hard to imagine these words coming out of my mouth but.........Jordan Mills hasn't been bad enough to warrant demoting him at this point.

If that changes by the time Glenn returns, it'll be interesting to see what happens with Cyrus. Some guys are just better moving one way than the other, not as simple as merely flipping him.

Would you say that CK's play at LT has been better than Mills' play at RT? If so, you start him at RT.

Glenn is just not a RT. He is a LT in this league and if the Bills try to move him he will be unhappy and probably leave asap.

Glenn can't go anywhere. He's under contract for 4 more years. And CK prior to this year hasn't been any better than Mills. However he appears to have improved so it's worth trying him back at RT.

Would you say that CK's play at LT has been better than Mills' play at RT? If so, you start him at RT.

Completely different positions. All I know is that Cyrus is a better LT now than he has been at RT.

It still all comes down to that knee. If he can't get the same purchase in his post leg, he's going to struggle. At LT, it affects his kick slide but his length helps to counter outside speed and he has a better chance dealing with inside moves with the strong post leg. He may be LT-only and, long term, that's not good for the Bills.

ASAP Meaning 2021 at the earliest I guess

you also run into the issue of paying a RT $12m a year.

its a slightly dicey situation you create if you put Kujo in as starting LT over a healthy Glenn

Ask Philly if they care paying Lane Johnson 11.5 M a year

Archaic thinking. Your RT needs to be as good as your LT in a Modern NFL Offense that actually has NFL Passing Concepts

Edited by MAJBobby

They are going to move him to LT at the point Peters stops, that plays into their contract with Johnson.

It's almost a shame that there's no good/great left-handed QB prospect, they could have Cyrus at LT, Glenn on his blindside. Probably the best solution I could come up with.

Kouandjio looks so comfortable at LT in the two preseason games. Reports from SJF also have him looking much improved. He is one of the biggest surprises for me and may have been labeled a bust prematurely.

Thoughts?

I think in general, a team wants the 1st 3 round draft choices to be starters. So while he seems to have value, I think he's still a bust by the typical draft value assessment.

Archaic thinking. Your RT needs to be as good as your LT in a Modern NFL Offense that actually has NFL Passing Concepts

ready for the obvious rebuttal:

the second highest paid RT is Bulaga at 6.7m per. Do you think the differential in play with going out and signing the best available RT in free agency at an above market contract is enough of a drop off in talent to justify keeping Glenn at the position at $5m per year extra? you could literally sign 2 guys in the top 5 that arent named lane johnson for the same price as glenn and have both an elite starter and all pro backup RT too.

i agree you cant just put some schlub at RT that cant pass block but you are taking a singular guy that is WAAAAAAY out of line with any of his peers.

Edited by NoSaint

the second highest paid RT is Bulaga at 6.7m per. Do you think the differential in play with going out and signing the best available RT in free agency at an above market contract is enough of a drop off in talent to justify keeping Glenn at the position at $5m per year extra? you could literally sign 2 guys in the top 5 that arent named lane johnson for the same price as glenn and have both an elite starter and all pro backup RT too.

i agree you cant just put some schlub at RT that cant pass block but you are taking a singular guy that is WAAAAAAY out of line with any of his peers.

They paid him that much because their plan is to move him to LT soon. If he can't hack it there, they're going to cut him, not continue to pay him $11.5M to play RT.

They paid him that much because their plan is to move him to LT soon. If he can't hack it there, they're going to cut him, not continue to pay him $11.5M to play RT.

Sure they are.... Guess cutting All Pro Jason Peters.

Look two good OTs are more and more important in this league.

And what does it matter if you have a 12M a year guy at RT and a 4M - 6M a year guy (what Kujo likely re-signs for) at LT if it is helping you win.

Ahhh glad you used Bulaga he left 3M on the table a year to go back to GB. Don't you remember all the 8-9M offer talk from Buffalo and he went back to GB?

Lets not forget Cap inflation. Soon 12M a year will be a discount with premier RTs

Edited by MAJBobby

Dude. They signed him to that contract with the intent to move him to LT. Also, they needed to pay him that much so he would not go to FA where he would surely get a LT contract. They negotiated with him and treated him as a LT which is why he is making so much money. He will be there LT by next season when they release Jason Peters. The next highly paid RT is Bryan Buluga, at 6.75 million and a deal that was signed just last year.

Moving CK to LT and making him the starter means you are going to have to sign him to an extension at roughly the same as what Glenn is making as soon as next year if he is successful there. Actually, it would be a very Bills-y thing to do to lock up over $20 million/yr in Ts.

Not to mention that CK will have problems with faster edge rushers. The Jets DLine is very good but they have no speed on the outside.

Lets not forget Cap inflation. Soon 12M a year will be a discount with premier RTs

im saying $12m vs $6m is not the same as 6 going to 7 going to 8 going to 9 and so on.... we are still a good bit out from RT's regularly making $12m, just like we are quite a bit away from $40m qbs despite salary cap growing.

bulaga at $6.7 vs "shooting for 8" being the closest i heard to your claims, underscores how far away $12m is.

Edited by NoSaint

And what does it matter if you have a 12M a year guy at RT and a 4M - 6M a year guy (what Kujo likely re-signs for) at LT if it is helping you win.

Lets not forget Cap inflation. Soon 12M a year will be a discount with

Because if CK is your starting LT, he is going to make alot more than 4-6 mil per year.

And by soon, I take it you mean in 10-15 years when most of these guys are not in the league anymore.