Is Cyrus Kouandjio Still a Bust?

The propaganda arm of the franchise speaks. Ergo, it must be true.

We're one game into the 2016 NFL season and CK wasn't selected to start. If he continues playing this well, perhaps he's not a bust. It's still not good when a 2nd round pick doesn't become a starter until another player is injured.

I also noticed Sunday that they had another player positioned on the left side of the line to help. So I'd hold the horses on declaring he's improved his game significantly. Not being an outright starter seem to bear that out, especially when the RT is a guy they signed off the street last year.

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cyrus is going to get massively exposed on Thursday night. Hope I'm wrong, but he's in serious trouble. The Jets will make him think on the fly and move sideways, two things he doesn't seem to do very well...

Gonna be a huge test for him with Cordy likely out. He's been susceptible to getting beat with inside moves.

I watched him on Sunday, and thought he played well for the most part. When he's moving, he manhandled whoever the DE was for the ravens, like swallowed him whole. It looked like he got beat inside once or twice, but not even sure that was his fault and not schematic. I was pleasantly suprised by him, would be great if he came into his own, kind of like a House Ballard for our era

Kujo's never going to get any better riding the pine either. Unless the Bills are making a legit run this year they need to find out what they have in him for real

Agreed 100%. Plus I think that Kujo really struggles from the right side whereas he looks more natural at LT. I can't explain it but its almost nite & day. Someone here said it was b/c of his right knee but I'm not sure it's that simple.

9kZefD8.png

1ySgNmf.png

Yeah, he had some whiffs too, but I'm sure I saw at least a couple plays when he made 90 (94?) look like a child. The point is, OL doesn't come strait out of college ready to play like a RB, especially since CK is pretty young still. It's not like the Bills have a lot of other choices here either

Yeah, he had some whiffs too, but I'm sure I saw at least a couple plays when he made 90 (94?) look like a child. The point is, OL doesn't come strait out of college ready to play like a RB, especially since CK is pretty young still. It's not like the Bills have a lot of other choices here either

He did have a few reps where he held up well.. but that's an epic whiff

remember when Howard Ballard did same and JK got up in his face and raged at him? yeah, don't see Tryhard doing that, but made Ballard a better player

I remember that it made Thurman get all up in JKs face in response and caused a major incident that Bill Polian had to step in and resolve.

Edited by vincec

Agreed 100%. Plus I think that Kujo really struggles from the right side whereas he looks more natural at LT. I can't explain it but its almost nite & day. Someone here said it was b/c of his right knee but I'm not sure it's that simple.

It's not so surprising when you realize he's played LT most of his football career.

The propaganda arm of the franchise speaks. Ergo, it must be true.

We're one game into the 2016 NFL season and CK wasn't selected to start. If he continues playing this well, perhaps he's not a bust. It's still not good when a 2nd round pick doesn't become a starter until another player is injured.

I also noticed Sunday that they had another player positioned on the left side of the line to help. So I'd hold the horses on declaring he's improved his game significantly. Not being an outright starter seem to bear that out, especially when the RT is a guy they signed off the street last year.

Groy was in as "TE" to help as Dray was out.

It was a desperate measure.

not a knock on Cyrus.

That game got away from Roman and Co.

Cyrus is going to get massively exposed on Thursday night. Hope I'm wrong, but he's in serious trouble. The Jets will make him think on the fly and move sideways, two things he doesn't seem to do very well...

you mean tested i hope.

Have some faith in Kromer and Richie for a quarter at least Man !

I've been rooting for Kujo ever since I found out how he spent his first offseason. He's worked his ass off to improve, and he's improving. He looks to be better this season than he was last season, and he was certainly better last season than he was his first (which, albeit, isn't saying much). But, there's no reason to believe he's reached his ceiling, is there?