Is Cyrus Kouandjio Still a Bust?

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know that I'd call him a bust, but I'd still call him a disappointment. As a second rounder, he should be a starter. But if he's a quality backup, that's still worth something.

I don't know that I'd call him a bust, but I'd still call him a disappointment. As a second rounder, he should be a starter. But if he's a quality backup, that's still worth something.

Would be nice if he could supplant Jordan Mills who I really do not like at RT.

There is sometimes a weird, knee-jerk reaction to players that makes the absurd assumption that a player won't improve from year to year. In Kujo's rookie year, he was the youngest player on the team (IIRC), was overwhelmed, and poorly coached under Marrone. His line coach called him "Venus De Milo" to his face. Then, in his first offseason, he worked tirelessly to improve, joined an O-line camp, and fully committed himself to his position. (What would K. Williams look like right now if he had the same offseason work ethic?) And, he was clearly improved last season. So, why should we assume that he had reached his ceiling?

Kujo kicked ass today. Hell no, he's not a bust.

Kouandjio looks so comfortable at LT in the two preseason games. Reports from SJF also have him looking much improved. He is one of the biggest surprises for me and may have been labeled a bust prematurely.

Thoughts?

Im happy with what I am seeing if cordy should go down i wouldnt lose sleep Edited by Agent 91

There is sometimes a weird, knee-jerk reaction to players that makes the absurd assumption that a player won't improve from year to year. In Kujo's rookie year, he was the youngest player on the team (IIRC), was overwhelmed, and poorly coached under Marrone. His line coach called him "Venus De Milo" to his face. Then, in his first offseason, he worked tirelessly to improve, joined an O-line camp, and fully committed himself to his position. (What would K. Williams look like right now if he had the same offseason work ethic?) And, he was clearly improved last season. So, why should we assume that he had reached his ceiling?

Kujo kicked ass today. Hell no, he's not a bust.

LOL. Try this argument with EJ, see how far you get....

I think EJ was 23 when he came into the league. He was talking about Kujo being young and not ready for the NFL. Kujo was 21 as a rookie and turned 23 a month ago. Eric Wood was 23 when he was drafted.

I was talking about the other stuff, like knee-jerk reaction that a guy would never improve, crappy coaching by Maroon, you know, all the arguments to which the answers are: EJ sucks, he always sucked, he always will suck.