Is Tyrod the most Athletic QB ever?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would compare TT more so to Russel Wilson, Randal Cunningham, amd a smaller version of Cam Newton. My reasoning is guys like Kaepernick amd Vick, were one read and take off QB's. My original QB's always kept their eyes downfield, and ran when there was nothing open. Guys like Vick couldn't last because they would eventually slow down, whereas Newton, Wilson, and I believe TT will extend plays, but will know when to throw away, tuck it and run, but slide.

These QB's have to be willing to let another couple of yards go, because they know they need to be available on the field. With all of this mess in injuries and suspensions, TT is one person I'm really looking forward to seeing in the beginning of this year.

Vick and Cunningham.

Funny thing is I believe his talents and stature are such that if he becomes a great qb I don't think he will have an enduring successful career.

Meaning I don't think he will be able to play at a high level to the end of his 30s like a Brady or Moon. He'll slow down and he'll take a good deal of punishment.

But I'll take it for the next 6!

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

I always knew that Michael Vick was something special as a runner. Just looked at his Pro Day results, dude ran a 4.33 40 time. :w00t:

I can't speak too much about Randall Cunningham. I've only seen highlights of him but his balance and elusiveness is unlike anything I've ever seen.

Mockdraftable covers data from the past 15 years. I feel safe saying that Tyrod might not be the most athletic QB ever, he stacks up well against his peers though - http://www.mockdraftable.com/player/573/

I always knew that Michael Vick was something special as a runner. Just looked at his Pro Day results, dude ran a 4.33 40 time. :w00t:

I can't speak too much about Randall Cunningham. I've only seen highlights of him but his balance and elusiveness is unlike anything I've ever seen.

Mockdraftable covers data from the past 15 years. I feel safe saying that Tyrod might not be the most athletic QB ever, he stacks up well against his peers though - http://www.mockdraftable.com/player/573/

I love that TTs height is 5th percentile but his hand size is 73rd. Sheesh.

"I like Quarterbacks that don't get hurt." Donald J. Trump owner of Buffalo Bills.

"Why would I want to give the fan base a good quarterback while I'm actively trying to move the team?" Jon Bon Jovi owner of the Buffalo Bills.

"It's like fracking a well. I can spend 99% of my money on drilling wells so long as 1 of them produces more than I spend as a whole." Terrence Pegula real owner of the Buffalo Bills.

Vick was like a created player on Madden. Never saw anything quite like him before or since

That's the truth. I was never as amazed by a college player as I was when Vick was at VT. Guys like RGIII and VY had better teams to go with their athleticism, but Vick almost single-handedly carried the Hokies. With some guys you think they could break it on any play; with Vick you expected him to break loose on every play.

Too bad he could not hit water in the ocean with that cannon

Tyrod might not be quite as athletic.....definately close....the difference is Tyrod actually has some QB accuracy to him

I'm guilty too, so not trying to single you out - but it always amuses me how quickly we get to treating the guy like he's a first time golfer shanking balls at the range when in reality he's still among the best out there- just not elite among the most elite

I'm guilty too, so not trying to single you out - but it always amuses me how quickly we get to treating the guy like he's a first time golfer shanking balls at the range when in reality he's still among the best out there- just not elite among the most elite

I rolled that out because I rememeber someone on a football show use those exact words for Vick.

But you know.....its all debatable. We are debating whether Tyrod Taylor has the physical attributes and ability of a number 1 overall pick quarterback.

When I think of how similar they actually are (football wise) it makes me smile a little