New Era sign is atrocious

mrags

Not to pick a fight here....but you pointed out something without realizing it.

It is not commonly done......so it is a matter of opinion of what would be right or wrong here.

I agree-- it is my opinion, no doubt.

But just because something is not commonly done does not make it wrong, and just because it has been done one way does not make that way the right way. The opinion of those arguing against my point seems to be: this is how it is done, therefore let it be. And then, the more absurd and disrespectful idea, that we don't owe Wilson anything.

I disagree, think it diminishes the Bills, their history, and their legacy to replace the founder's name with a hat company's name. Ralph Wilson's name should still be the hallmark of the Buffalo Bills' stadium name.

And the company would be so much better off doing so, associating their company's name and products with one of the most respected and important men in Buffalo New York's history.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I agree-- it is my opinion, no doubt.

But just because something is not commonly done does not make it wrong, and just because it has been done one way does not make that way the right way. The opinion of those arguing against my point seems to be: this is how it is done, therefore let it be. And then, the more absurd and disrespectful idea, that we don't owe Wilson anything.

I disagree, think it diminishes the Bills, their history, and their legacy to replace the founder's name with a hat company's name. Ralph Wilson's name should still be the hallmark of the Buffalo Bills' stadium name.

And the company would be so much better off doing so, associating their company's name and products with one of the most respected and important men in Buffalo New York's history.

So the statue wasn't enough?

488041306-statue-in-founders-plaza-in-ho

Pegula has done quite enough to pay tribute to Ralph Wilson.

Those are some dope hats though.

Agreed 100%, He payed 1.4 B for the team, and kept them in Buffalo, he can do what he wants with the naming rights. Fact of the matter is, Ralph should have sold the naming rights years ago.

He told Brandon in 2012 to do so

ROTFLMAO... we all begged Ralph to sell rights decades ago so we'd have money to sign more top players.. Not selling stadium rights was a typical dimwitted Ralph Wilson decision IMO

We do not owe him a damn thing.. He still owes us about 25 competitive teams..

i can't stress how stupid people are in this thread that they can't understand I'm not mad at all about naming rights.

Dave Hanson's wife had a baby at the Glens Falls Hospital back in the late 70s/early 80s. My mom worked there at the time and got me an autographed Adirondack Red Wings puck. Hanson was going to bring a stick in for me, but they advised against it. I still have the puck.

This place would complain about the design of the bills Superbowl ring

After complaining that we weren't even good that year but the NFL rigged it for us to win in the interest of league parity.

Edited by driddles