R. I. P. John Saunders

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't ESPN just announce that he was no longer going to a broadcaster for them? When I read "Died unexpectedly at home" and "no suspicion of foul play", my initial thought is that it is a suicide. Couple that with his history of depression, and I think it's a logical conclusion. Hopefully I'm wrong, but I guess it really doesn't matter at this point.

Yeah, this one is tough.

He has been the best on that network for years. Such a great calming voice i can project in my mind on call.

Always level headed and professional. Would let the athletes be the center if attention. He didnt need a schtick or catch phrases. Just a great broadcaster and that carried him.

Big friend of hockey as well

I've always liked that Sports Reporters show on Sunday mornings. RIP!

I can't believe this. Did they say how he died? Seems completely unexpected. I don't know him personally but he seemed like a classy guy and I've only heard good things from people posting about it today. Sad day

He was not known to be battling any potentially terminal illness, such as cancer, but Saunders had publicly discussed his battles with depression.

:(

http://heavy.com/sports/2016/08/john-saunders-cause-of-death-how-did-the-sports-journalist-die/