Manny Lawson injured before camp - update: back on field!

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Josh Reed Retweeted Jason Cole

WOW!!! Great #Bills stat and this doesn't even include Shaq and Ragland who will miss all or most of this year.

Josh Reed added,

Jason Cole @JasonColeBR
#Bills past 8 1st/2nd rd picks: Lawson, Ragland, Darby, Watkins, Kouandijo, Manuel, Woods, Alonso. ALREADY have not played in 74 of 208 gmes

0 retweets0 likes

Retweet

More

@salmaiorana

Rex said Manny Lawson should be ready to play in the opener against the Ravens. Said Lawson says he’s feeling better. Torn pec injury

Rex said right now, Lorenzo Alexander would be starting at OLB if Lawson isn’t back. Has overtaken IK Enemkpali

Let's hope that Manny is back and at least at 90% so the Bills can get passable play from the position. Otherwise it will be a bullseye for the Ravens.

Would be a great add, IMO.

Even when Manny and, eventually, Shaq return, he would still be the best pass rush option of the three for his season. A one year deal would be a half-court shot at the buzzer as far as the left "edge" position is concerned.

He is already signed with falcons. in my other thread, I said the bills should look at mike neal. Could be a steal. good size and good mechanics.

Been watching some 2015 games, today I'm watching @Washington. IK is so bad. First drive I see him getting worked by Morgan Moses and then letting Jordan Reed run right by him without chipping him or anything to get him off his route as he rushes the passer.

I like Rex more than most, but his IK obsession was puzzling. He looks like the best LB in the world physically, but guy's production and instincts are non-existent. I don't see him back here next year, or anywhere.

I'm still in the throes of my powerlifting "career", and the worst I've had was/is SI joint dysfunction.

I'm small though--heaviest I've ever competed is at 75 kg. I'm really right between weight classes since I'm most comfortable at 155-160 lbs. My best competition total was 1,070 back in June (320/250/500).

What I've discovered most recently is that there's no better way to prepare my body than Muscle Energy Technique and Muscle Activation. I've been using Douglas Heel's Be Activated both first thing in the morning (I lift at 5 am) and last thing before bed. I am astonished by how much better I feel--I'm waking up without pain in my joints consistently.

I'd like to see the Bills institute more of this type of work--the research regarding injury-proofing athletes is really compelling.

Never competed but I had a big 3 of 1,420lbs 2 years ago at 188 lbs...(565 deadlift, 475 squat, 380 bench)...got hurt while doing all three even though I completed the lifts(squat and bench I got hurt on second rep, DL I locked out and then shrugged twice but heard a pop in my back...once I put it down I was pretty jacked up)...moral of the story for me? I had elite or near elite level strength and the only thing it led me to was injuries. Enough for me...I keep my weights relatively low, and my size is still there, so my "see how strong" I can get career is over...

@profootballdoc

Pec TENDON tear means surgery and season. Pec MUSCLE tear means will be back in weeks.

As someone who has torn his share of pec muscle a(partially) I can say I'm a little Leary since he is going to be pushing with hands extended a lot which is going to give lots of stress to that area...

As someone who has torn his share of pec muscle a(partially) I can say I'm a little Leary since he is going to be pushing with hands extended a lot which is going to give lots of stress to that area...

I just tore mine in May. It's August and I still don't have full range of motion and I wouldn't even think about bench pressing. Manny's injury must have been minor to be back already. Even so he needs to take it easy. No use rushing back if he's only going to get hurt again. With my injury I would still be sidelined. The rehab process is mostly strengthening the supporting muscle groups to take the load off the pec while it heals so he might not have even tested it yet and he's out there pushing 300 lb lineman. Makes me nervous!