Manny Lawson injured before camp - update: back on field!

I thought I read somewhere that it was a minor tear. This video from today's practice was pretty shocking to me that they had him doing this already. From this video anyway it appears he has more range of motion and comfort than I was expecting

https://twitter.com/4JoshReed/status/761568930813083648

Would hate to be one of those medicine balls. All three of them look like they're doing pretty well.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought I read somewhere that it was a minor tear. This video from today's practice was pretty shocking to me that they had him doing this already. From this video anyway it appears he has more range of motion and comfort than I was expecting

https://twitter.com/4JoshReed/status/761568930813083648

sheesh!!!!! he must be ok

Definitely. If he comes back too early and it's not fully healed and strengthened then it could tear again. I don't have full range of motion, my arm doesn't go all the way over my head. If I went out and played football today and I got caught in the bottom of the pile and my arm got stretched the wrong way I could definitely pull something. I'm sure the trainers are working with him on the strengthening and lengthening of the muscle as we speak. If they have him doing 5 lb weights like me then he would probably be ready some time around christmas so hopefully he's on a more aggressive schedule lol

Well said Diggz. Buff Barbarian is or was a powerlifting so not sure if he commented, but one of the reasons I never ripped my peck as I injured almost every joint at one point was tons of warm up, stretching, and perfect form. Every rep with a press call, never move any part of your body, but your relevant body parts. Knowing how to build up to weights.

It is really common sense, but 90% or more of guys in the gym make more mistakes than I can comment and is exactly why they get hurt. Besides cheating doesn't make you stronger. It just pads a guy's ego saying he can do more, and then eventually gets hurt.

I really hope this really minor and why they state they can get him back in September. I doubt it though.

As far as the Freeney comments, I've been saying this on these threads since Shaq was declared injured. He had 8 sacks in 11 games and was fantastic in a 3-4 defense. Now he's in Atlanta for probably his final season. Too bad as he would have had a better final year with us competing with better talent. The Falcons defense sucks.

Well said Diggz. Buff Barbarian is or was a powerlifting so not sure if he commented, but one of the reasons I never ripped my peck as I injured almost every joint at one point was tons of warm up, stretching, and perfect form. Every rep with a press call, never move any part of your body, but your relevant body parts. Knowing how to build up to weights.

It is really common sense, but 90% or more of guys in the gym make more mistakes than I can comment and is exactly why they get hurt. Besides cheating doesn't make you stronger. It just pads a guy's ego saying he can do more, and then eventually gets hurt.

I really hope this really minor and why they state they can get him back in September. I doubt it though.

As far as the Freeney comments, I've been saying this on these threads since Shaq was declared injured. He had 8 sacks in 11 games and was fantastic in a 3-4 defense. Now he's in Atlanta for probably his final season. Too bad as he would have had a better final year with us competing with better talent. The Falcons defense sucks.

I wasn't quite at your level of weight big guy but I was trying to get there. Sadly my powerlifting career ended before it began. I still like to pull heavy but I've backed off squats and I'll probably never bench the same again.

I agree with Freeney. Did you watch the Amazon show on the Cardinals season? Freeney came in there and was a beast last year. That spin move can't be stopped. Hes still capable of getting to the QB. I don't know what we are going to do. Even when Shaq comes back it will be same as Manny where he's going to be weak in one arm. I'm not expecting much from him this year at all. We are going to have trouble sacking the QB again this year imo

I wasn't quite at your level of weight big guy but I was trying to get there. Sadly my powerlifting career ended before it began. I still like to pull heavy but I've backed off squats and I'll probably never bench the same again.

I agree with Freeney. Did you watch the Amazon show on the Cardinals season? Freeney came in there and was a beast last year. That spin move can't be stopped. Hes still capable of getting to the QB. I don't know what we are going to do. Even when Shaq comes back it will be same as Manny where he's going to be weak in one arm. I'm not expecting much from him this year at all. We are going to have trouble sacking the QB again this year imo

Pressure up the middle is really the best way to get the QB. Shortest path. But with the most resistance !

Hope Kyle and Dareus and our new kid Adolphus can get that push to freak the QBs.

Many ways to skin that cat, K.

Love the Manny but he aint make or break.

Pressure up the middle is really the best way to get the QB. Shortest path. But with the most resistance !

Hope Kyle and Dareus and our new kid Adolphus can get that push to freak the QBs.

Many ways to skin that cat, K.

Love the Manny but he aint make or break.

I also see the pass rush as majorly problematic. In this defense the OLBs are critical for the pass rush- more important than the DL. That's why they took an OLB #1. And don't forget that Kyle Williams is another year older and coming off a major injury too. Edited by vincec

I also see the pass rush as majorly problematic. In this defense the OLBs are critical for the pass rush- more important than the DL. That's why they took an OLB #1. And don't forget that Kyle Williams is another year older and coming off a major injury too.

Thanks Vince, i do see the downside here. But football is about overcoming injury at key positions. and depth is not always the answer. Coaches gotta change up. I think Bills can bring pressure up the middle this year. and that is a very good way to beat Brady BTW. that and hands up after 1.6 seconds

: )

PS no D lineman like to get gut punched when the put they hands up. And thats what is going to happen. But if thats what it takes to win...

Edited by 3rdand12

I'm still in the throes of my powerlifting "career", and the worst I've had was/is SI joint dysfunction.

I'm small though--heaviest I've ever competed is at 75 kg. I'm really right between weight classes since I'm most comfortable at 155-160 lbs. My best competition total was 1,070 back in June (320/250/500).

What I've discovered most recently is that there's no better way to prepare my body than Muscle Energy Technique and Muscle Activation. I've been using Douglas Heel's Be Activated both first thing in the morning (I lift at 5 am) and last thing before bed. I am astonished by how much better I feel--I'm waking up without pain in my joints consistently.

I'd like to see the Bills institute more of this type of work--the research regarding injury-proofing athletes is really compelling.

Been watching some 2015 games, today I'm watching @Washington. IK is so bad. First drive I see him getting worked by Morgan Moses and then letting Jordan Reed run right by him without chipping him or anything to get him off his route as he rushes the passer.