Reggie Bush signing 1 year deal with Bills

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3.5 ypr last year and 3.9 in 2014 are terrible numbers for a low volume carry scatback type......league AVERAGE yards per rush is 4.2 and that number is weighted down by most teams using big backs nowadays.

As Beef Jerky pointed out.......he is like a WR in the pass game though. He is a considerably more natural pass catcher than Shady so perhaps they see him in that role on 3rd downs. Third down backs aren't the factor they used to be but neither are fullbacks. Roman's offense is different. What we do know is that they don't plan to use Shady in short yardage..........is it possible they want him off the field on 3rd downs in general? If so, a veteran who can be trusted to pick up pass rushers while making plays in the pass game makes more sense.

I haven't been a big fan of our courtship of Bush. It seems to me that we have other backs who can be more productive backups. Just look at YPC of the backs on the roster versus Reggie. And then look at the DOBs.

So it's natural to wonder what kind of conversations Doug, Rex and Greg are having. Roman must be telling Rex and DW that Bush will given him a weapon unlike the weapons he already has - a weapon that will add new wrinkles to the offense. I'd love to be a fly on the wall listening to those conversations.

Honestly, as long as he doesn't fumble the ball, I'm all for him as PR. I feel like we've had a bad run of fumbling PRs lately.

This is a great point. Ball control, smart returns, and an occasional swing pass out of the backfield would be well worth it. That PR fumble against the Pats still haunts me.

i don't think they are signing him because they are relying on him to score TDs as the PR.

That was kind of my point.

To me he's fine, sort of like a Harvin signing. Get a formally flashy super talented athlete in his career twilight and see where he can help out.

My gripe is running back is the one place over all others where i believe you can find the hidden gems and where youth, durability and power/speed almost always outweigh experience + deteriorated athleticism.

Gambling on the unproven guys for depth at Rb is where fjax, Arian foster, priest Holmes came from.

To me he's fine, sort of like a Harvin signing. Get a formally flashy super talented athlete in his career twilight and see where he can help out.

My gripe is running back is the one place over all others where i believe you can find the hidden gems and where youth, durability and power/speed almost always outweigh experience + deteriorated athleticism.

Gambling on the unproven guys for depth at Rb is where fjax, Arian foster, priest Holmes came from.

seems like they have plenty of those RBs on the team already

It goes without saying Reggie Bush is not at the level he used to be, however I think the fact that some are questioning the move of signing him as a backup / punt returner is a testament to the quality and depth of roster this organization has built in recent years. We would have killed for a name and talent like his as a backup not that long ago. I'm all for it, even if it is only for the first 4 games.

unless hes getting guaranteed dollars, which it doesnt initially sound like, you can still bring in young guys and make a decision in a month.

if he has his legs still (big if), he can be a valuable contributor. If he does not and a young guy shines, then you make that move.

seems like they have plenty of those RBs on the team already

they do, but my thinking is; you gotta look at as many as you can to find these guys - Because all the conventional processes already missed them.

But in the end, if Bush has still got the wheels and vision to deliver on the power sweep a few times per game and can take care the ball on pr, so be it.