John Murphy's new co-host

If I were to bet, I would say it's going to be Rueben Brown. He has done a TV thing and I know he's sat in with Murph for shows, I'm thinking as recently as Febuary or March, when this decision was probably being made.

He didn't sound bad, has great knowledge of the game and loves the area.

If not him, it will be an ex-player that was beloved while here and even more after they left.

I also think Ruben Brown isn't afraid to be critical or tell it like it is, which would be a good complement to Murph. He's a straight shooter. Plus he lives in the area full time.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would think if they were going to make such a format switch, I would think they would trial it for a couple weeks to see if it works, before announcing it. That's why I'm skeptical of the Reuben Brown possibility, because it hasn't been done enough to see if it would work, I would think. That's why I think Kelso is a possibility, as there is already a known chemistry between the two. But I feel like that might be kind of a flat show, and Kelso seems to have other business interests that would not make him available daily.

Could be Moorman, since they did that trial run a few weeks back (where he co-hosted for two nights).

But I would love it to be Reuben Brown. The last two times he was on the show, I was thoroughly impressed

with his knowledge of the game. He knows how to break things down (plays, schemes, player

responsibilities) to where they are understandable to the average listener. And he has a player's perspective

and can tell you what players are probably thinking/feeling, how things might be perceived in the locker room,

etc. I really enjoy listening to him when he is on.

According to the article about the Steakhouse that he is a part of, Moorman is living outside Jacksonville, Florida.

I heard he also opened a nightclub called "Club Chit Chat" down in Jacksonville - bought the franchise rights from somewhere.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hate to say it, but Jones seems like a nice guy, but he is maybe even more milquetoast than Murphy...what on earth are they thinking?

The move to noon has been positive, so far , because there are more guests, more things going on, and that leaves less time for Murphy to kill...but why on earth are they scared to add somebody with a personality to the lineup?

Ruben Brown or Gabe Northern would have been much better choices in my opinion...if they wanted somebody more current, maybe go after Fred Jackson when/if he retires. I can't imagine being compelled to tune into this show in the off-season unless thee is something particularly newsworthy going on.

Who knew that having Bills talk 5 days a week, 52 weeks a year, would be a bad thing?

Edited by Buftex

Donald Jones Returns to Bills as Co-host of The John Murphy Show

murph-jones-story.jpg

Buffalo Bills former wide receiver Donald Jones has been announced as co-host for The John Murphy Show.

Donald Jones: "Proud to Be Back with the Bills" (11:49)
The new co-host of The John Murphy Show, Donald Jones called in following the official announcement. Jones talked about his excitement for his new role in broadcasting, his personal life, and his playing time in the NFL.