Dez Lewis #3 WR?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beware of fluff pieces in June. 90 guys on the roster, all of them are amazing. :rolleyes:

Beyond the so called fluff piece and your eye roll, it's based on his improvement that was noted by several media members in what they saw in OTA and minicamp practices.

Beyond the so called fluff piece and your eye roll, it's based on his improvement that was noted by several media members in what they saw in OTA and minicamp practices.

And it's tremendous for Dez and the team if he's making progress.

I just want to see it with my own eyes before I buy it. When the bullets start flying is when old habits come back.

We aren't even in training camp yet let alone preseason. Lots of praise for guys like Goodwin and Hogan in the past when running around in shorts. Let's see what happens when the pads come on

Edited by kdiggz

And it's tremendous for Dez and the team if he's making progress.

I just want to see it with my own eyes before I buy it. When the bullets start flying is when old habits come back.

I agree because I didn't see much hope for him, but it would be unwise to discount significant improvement of a young player just entering his 2nd season.

I agree because I didn't see much hope for him, but it would be unwise to discount significant improvement of a young player just entering his 2nd season.

I frankly don't trust the football IQ of the local football media. I'm at the point where I've heard it all before. Maybe I'm just jaded from the offseason/preseason process.

I frankly don't trust the football IQ of the local football media. I'm at the point where I've heard it all before. Maybe I'm just jaded from the offseason/preseason process.

You're both right.

I thought Dez looked absolutely lost last year, and had completely written him off.

That said, the biggest positive that I can glean from what the media reports is that Dez is apparently impressing the staff enough that his reps with the 1's are increased significantly, so that tells me that the staff is seeing something.

Now, how that evolves as the offseason progresses is anyone's guess at this point, but it would be enormous if a guy with Dez's measurables could become a contributor.

It would also shock my socks off.

I know there are some out there who worry about our receiving corps.

Some same Sammy isn't elite and Woods isn't worthy of being a #2. After these two, the worriers see a wasteland of nobodies.

Yet, especially considering we're a running team, I'm actually pretty happy with our receiving options.

Sammy came on strong in the 2nd half of last year. Woods played with a groin injury in 2015 but observers say he's healthy and shining in camp. And whether it's Dez or another of our 23,000 camp receivers, someone will step up to capably fill the #3 role.

With TT surely maturing as a starter, and Roman working overtime figuring out how to get Clay better involved, I'm expecting our passing attack to be (far?) more productive in 2016 than 2015.

The Bills need a W with a late round pick/UDFA becoming a star. Hopefully, Dez can be that guy.

I can't remember the last "good" one we've had. Stevie?

I don't know how "good" you'd call these guys, but here's what I've got:

Seantrel Henderson (2014, R7) has started 26 games in his first 2 seasons

Arthur Moats (2010, R6) has started 40 games over 6 years with 2 teams; coming off back-to-back 4-sack seasons as a role player

Ellis Lankster (2009, R7) played for 5 seasons, and had back-to-back years with the Jets in which he played 15 games

Then you get all the way back to Stevie and Demetrius/Demetress Bell in 2007 (R7) and Kyle Williams in 2006 (R5).

to go from where he was to inside track on #3 without playing a game is either a HUGE leap in an offseason, or a knock on the other options.

hopefully its that large of a leap.

I'd love to see a sizeable target roam the middle of the field from the slot. Dez has size and great athletic ability, but I do not see him winning the 3rd WR job this year. He will most likely be the 4th or 5th WR on the depth chart, mainly seeing plays on the goal line or third downs over the middle. I'm not too sure if he can move to the outside just yet, but I could be wrong.

to go from where he was to inside track on #3 without playing a game is either a HUGE leap in an offseason, or a knock on the other options.

hopefully its that large of a leap.

It's a motivator for the player too and gives the coaching staff an opportunity to see if he looks good/can handle being with the first group. Same reason Blake is getting a chance at TE. Don't know about inside track though, probably just exploring the unknown. It's good he's earned those reps, far better than not hearing anything about him.

Wait, now we love the media? Last month was all about hating the media because they dared question OBD.

How does OBD feel now 26?

It seems like he would be more of an outside guy than a slot receiver. So if he did win the #3 job (a huge if at this point), it would be him outside and Woods in the slot.

early reports last weeks said Salas was getting the majority of work in the slot. But that could be because Sammy is out and Woods is getting his reps at the 1