Dez Lewis #3 WR?

Yep - the WR depth behind Watkins and Woods will only really shake out in the pre-season games and to a lesser extent the "live" portions of camp.

i think we have a few guys that can be effective role players, and with guys like clay and mccoy it does take a little pressure off of #3 being a complete player (as long as 1 & 2 are generally healthy)

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think we have a few guys that can be effective role players, and with guys like clay and mccoy it does take a little pressure off of #3 being a complete player (as long as 1 & 2 are generally healthy)

I agree. Bills have enough play makers.

Hoping who ever lines up at 3-4 gets enough respect by defenses to keep them honest. and then catch the damn ball when it does come their way.

I am also "hopin" Dez can be more than that.

yep that was our Dez. reports say he has a new religion and dropped balls are the gateway to hell. and he does not want to go there.

put the pads on and see who comes up smelling roses after Woodsy

LOL! yeah 3rd I cant wait till the pads go on and pre-season tells us who wins that 3rd WR slot. Im hopin its Listenbee or Dez. I wont even count on glass Goodwin playing this season. again.

LOL! yeah 3rd I cant wait till the pads go on and pre-season tells us who wins that 3rd WR slot. Im hopin its Listenbee or Dez. I wont even count on glass Goodwin playing this season. again.

I hope it's Lewis. But my honest pick is Salas.

If ole Dez continues his trending though , he might be Tyrods BFF by seasons end !

We both know Listenbee is a longshot Marty, but i too have high hopes for the kid

Probably right Marty. Maybe Listenbee and Dez. Easley if healthy is always a lock as #6 for ST. Not one of us knows until the end of TC.

It is a concern, but if TT is as good as advertised as far as improved work over the middle and fast decision making, Clay will be a much bigger part of this team, and Woods now healthy should show significant improvement. It would be nice to have a second TE opposite Clay.

Maybe 'quise and Listenbee read this and step it up.

Listenbee is the kind of guy, IMO, that is going to take a while to get acclimated to an NFL offense. He's got a lot of work to do in terms of developing a route tree, adjusting to timing routes and broken pockets, and--most of all--his blocking.

That said, I think the dimension he adds to the offense is something that should keep him active on game days and get him 6-8 snaps/game, if for no other reason than to give opposing DCs another wrinkle against which they need to game plan.

Listenbee is the kind of guy, IMO, that is going to take a while to get acclimated to an NFL offense. He's got a lot of work to do in terms of developing a route tree, adjusting to timing routes and broken pockets, and--most of all--his blocking.

That said, I think the dimension he adds to the offense is something that should keep him active on game days and get him 6-8 snaps/game, if for no other reason than to give opposing DCs another wrinkle against which they need to game plan.

Interested in your view Bandit on how ready we can expect him to be compared to someone like a Goodwin or a TJ Graham their rookie years (the speedster comparison) and on the flip side compared to Dez Lewis who was clearly a million miles away as a rookie.

I said in the Joe B thread I think Listenbee makes the team unless he really shows nothing in camp and pre-season (which is where Lewis was last year hence they were able to cut him and stash him on the PS). Do you think that is a fair assessment?

Interested in your view Bandit on how ready we can expect him to be compared to someone like a Goodwin or a TJ Graham their rookie years (the speedster comparison) and on the flip side compared to Dez Lewis who was clearly a million miles away as a rookie.

I said in the Joe B thread I think Listenbee makes the team unless he really shows nothing in camp and pre-season (which is where Lewis was last year hence they were able to cut him and stash him on the PS). Do you think that is a fair assessment?

I think he makes the team, yeah.

Unless Goodwin really wows people with his development, which I think we all agree is incredibly unlikely given that he hasn't practiced in over a year, Listenbee will likely take his place as the speedster.

I think there's almost no chance he's the #3 with guys like Salas/Lewis/Boykin in the mix who have NFL coaching under their belts, but I do think he'll see the field for several snaps/game as a rookie.

Listenbee has been practice squad bound since the start. Salas and Dez will get in and Hankerson/goodwin for that 5th spot.

I know Easley is a fan fave but I have a hunch he isn't going to make the roster this year.

I think Goodwin can pick it up and make the team because what he does is important to our passing attack. Three patterns: go route, the out n up and a his dig route is great like a lot of little dudes who can put on the brakes.

Thats all he needs, he's done it before against good nfl cover guys and he gets separation. He's in great physical shape, just needs to bulk a little which won't be that hard.

I don't see us cutting him when he's healthy just because he's been hurt in the past.

Listenbee has been practice squad bound since the start. Salas and Dez will get in and Hankerson/goodwin for that 5th spot.

I know Easley is a fan fave but I have a hunch he isn't going to make the roster this year.

I think Goodwin can pick it up and make the team because what he does is important to our passing attack. Three patterns: go route, the out n up and a his dig route is great like a lot of little dudes who can put on the brakes.

Thats all he needs, he's done it before against good nfl cover guys and he gets separation. He's in great physical shape, just needs to bulk a little which won't be that hard.

I don't see us cutting him when he's healthy just because he's been hurt in the past.

3-1 odds that Goodwin gets hurt in TC. If he doesn't make it through camp healthy, no way he makes the roster.

Agree that Listenbee is PS material; disagree on Easley. If healthy he's very valuable on ST.

Looking forward to seeing how the work Dez has put in manifests itself on the field.

What I saw in the PS last year was a slow WR that was completely lost on the field. I think most people would expect some improvement year over year, but until I actually see him play again I'm skeptical.

#3 WR seems like a huge long shot, and would either mean an unbelievable improvement, or extreme desperation by the Bills.

The media loves to publish click bait this time of year.

I'm just not sure how you can say those things about Goodwin without also recognizing that they're all true for Listenbee as well.

Goodwin himself has said that he's actually not in NFL shape right now--he's in Olympic long jump shape; that's much different. He also said that he feels like he's 3/4 of the way through an NFL season, and he's got a long way to go before he'll be ready to train as though it were an NFL offseason. Training camp is 3 weeks away; I don't think he's got time to catch up.

Right now, I have 6 WRs making the roster: Sammy, Woods, Salas, Dez, Hankerson, and Listenbee.

I like Easley as a ST guy, but his injury coupled with the signings of guys like Colt Anderson, Lorenzo Alexander, Jamari Lattimore, and Eric Stryker tells me that his spot is in serious jeopardy.

Just my 1 cent, of course.

What I saw in the PS last year was a slow WR that was completely lost on the field. I think most people would expect some improvement year over year, but until I actually see him play again I'm skeptical.

#3 WR seems like a huge long shot, and would either mean an unbelievable improvement, or extreme desperation by the Bills.

The media loves to publish click bait this time of year.

I agree, and I think it's more an indication that he makes the team than it is him being a lock for the #3 spot. He'll need to beat out both Hankerson and Salas.

I'm just not sure how you can say those things about Goodwin without also recognizing that they're all true for Listenbee as well.

Goodwin himself has said that he's actually not in NFL shape right now--he's in Olympic long jump shape; that's much different. He also said that he feels like he's 3/4 of the way through an NFL season, and he's got a long way to go before he'll be ready to train as though it were an NFL offseason. Training camp is 3 weeks away; I don't think he's got time to catch up.

I almost get the feeling Goodwin was putting all of his eggs in the gold medal basket and would have been completely content riding off into the sunset with his medal and the endorsements that come with it, never looking back at the NFL. Now he's in complete catch-up mode, and the ironic thing is he may very well wind up failing at both of his endeavors.

I almost get the feeling Goodwin was putting all of his eggs in the gold medal basket and would have been completely content riding off into the sunset with his medal and the endorsements that come with it, never looking back at the NFL. Now he's in complete catch-up mode, and the ironic thing is he may very well wind up failing at both of his endeavors.

I just don't see any way that a guy can go from Olympic long jump training--which is pretty much a gravity sport requiring a guy to be as slight as possible--to NFL ready in 10 weeks.

That's true, IMO, for any guy, but it's especially true for a guy that has a significant injury history and hasn't practiced since October.

Now add in the fact that he said he feels like he's been through 10 regular-season NFL games at this point, and--to me--it adds up to a guy that's simply not going to be physically capable of participating in the offseason to any degree of relevance.

so you're saying he's next years Dez?

I am not sure why Hankerson makes it. Unless..

I lean towards Banditos assessment of Goodwin. gone.

I think Easely should be pup if possible ( legalities pending of course) and get Listenbee on the field.

Bandit, he spoke at some point about his blocking and said he has focused on it mentally, aware its a criticism and will continue to improve.

Not sure this kid can be stashed on PS.

Like John said , we really need to root for D Lewis to get on the field having earned it this year.

Bills could amazingly have a strong WR core if he does shine even a little.

I am not sure why Hankerson makes it. Unless..

I lean towards Banditos assessment of Goodwin. gone.

I think Easely should be pup if possible ( legalities pending of course) and get Listenbee on the field.

Bandit, he spoke at some point about his blocking and said he has focused on it mentally, aware its a criticism and will continue to improve.

Not sure this kid can be stashed on PS.

Like John said , we really need to root for D Lewis to get on the field having earned it this year.

Bills could amazingly have a strong WR core if he does shine even a little.

This could be your longest post ever!