Topic of the day 6/29: Unsung heroes on the roster

I'll take it as a good sign that Brian Moorman can no longer be our MVP as a punter.

Corey Graham doesn't seem to get the chatter that his play warrants. First in tackles, tied for 2nd with 2 INT's and a TD. Yet we talk more about guys who do far less. Or does it just seem that way to me???

Edited by Augie

Who makes your list of players that were not stars (maybe not even a starter) but were vitally important to the team?

Robert Woods on Offense. I think in the right system he could be one of the league's best No. 2/borderline #1 wideouts.

On defense, I'd have to say Preston Brown. IMO he had an average season that was turned into an "awful" season after narratives of big whiff plays.

Who makes your list of players that were not stars (maybe not even a starter) but were vitally important to the team?

Current team or historically?

Current: Marcus Easley

Historically: Mark Pike, Jim Ritcher, Al BeMiller

I honestly believe the last two seasons it has been Chris Hogan who was and remains criminally underrated on these boards.

With him gone I am going to agree with Bandit and say Corbin Bryant who is a player I have liked for a few years. I expect Robert Blanton to be on this year too. Think he is going to be a really pleasant surprise for Bills fans.