Topic of the day 6/28: Best draft pick that never was?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Name one player the Bills selected, in any round of any draft, that you thought was a stud but turned out to be a dud...

got a topic for today. Which player that you wanted to draft but went somewhere else and was Awesome. that thread will be 10 pages long.

My Dud was Corey Moore, although he would have been a stud if Wade Stayed. Grego forced him into his 43 and was a terrible fit and then shot himself in the leg I believe and was all down hill from there.

Big Mike Williams.

How does a mammoth #4 pick OT out of a big school fall so short?

he was a big teddy bear, guy had no nasty in him whatsoever, I knew he would flop. I wanted him to succeed because I love 370 pound monsters but monster he was not.

JP,Hardy,Mike Williams,Aaron Maybin

Maybin? you had to be one of the few.

Ditto on Big Mike -- WTF happened to him?

As The Tuna would say: DWI.

(Didn't Want It)

For your perusal: Every Player The Bills Drafted.

3rd Rounder Ezekiel "Zeke" Gadston DB from Pitt in 1988.

Thought he would be an impact player.

Never made the final squad, though Martin Mayhew - yes, that Martin Mayhew (10th Rounder) didn't either and took his revenge on Kelly in SB XXVI.

Edited by Nanker

Tom Cousineau. He not only was part of the OJ trade but he spurned us and went to play in the CFL. Then his rights were traded to the Browns and we got a number 1 pick that got us Jim Kelly!!!! Thanks Tom for being the best draft pick that never was!!!

I forgot about this debacle leading to Kelly. This has to be the winner.

You beat me to it.

Hate to say this, but I had high hopes for James Hardy

CBF

Hardy is my pick as well. I combed through our draft history and he is the player I can remembering being excited about on draft day. His size and skills had me sold that he was going to be the big target that we wanted.

EJ... I was really excited for him... got the guy we wanted and all that.

and he wasn't very good.

I know that I always throw fuel on the EJ/Tie Rod fire (mostly out of fun), but I am disapointed in the EJ pick, his was the first jersey that I had bought since Kelly. Edited by DirtDart

Terry Miller and Tony Hunter, especially Miller, I thought he looked good his rookie year.

Agree about Terry Miller. 1000yrd rookie season helped offset the loss of the Juice. Not as productive in '79, then, with a 1st Rd pick acquired by SF in the Juice trade, we drafted Joe Cribbs. Very quickly, it became 'Terry WHO?'