Topic of the day 6/27: What is your worst game day memory?

Clay Matthews Sr. intercepting Kelly during the playoffs at the end of the game in 1990 stands out as one. We could have lost 5 SB's in a row possibly if we get past Cleveland and Denver as SF was crushing everyone that post season.

The Monday night game against the Cowboys where they recovered the onside kick and beat us. :censored:

The first game I saw Bruce Smith in a :censored: Redskins uniform. :sick:

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clay Matthews Sr. intercepting Kelly during the playoffs at the end of the game in 1990 stands out as one. We could have lost 5 SB's in a row possibly if we get past Cleveland and Denver as SF was crushing everyone that post season.

The Monday night game against the Cowboys where they recovered the onside kick and beat us. :censored:

Ronnie !@#$ing Harmon, giving up a kick off return TD, and the fact I was watching that game with my college roommate who was from Cleveland. :censored:

MNF against Dallas. That game inspired in me a visceral reaction of disgust, anger, and bitterness which stuck with me for a few days. That was the first time a sporting event that I didn't participate in effected me like that.

MNF against Cleveland. Trent's first half INT fest and Lindell's wide right with time expiring. That stadium was silent afterward and on the walk out of the stadium all you could hear was shuffling feet. It was an eerie, awful atmosphere.

Season opener on TNF, Roscoe's fumble against New England and Brady's two identical TD's to Ben Watson right over Whitner's head.

Losman's naked bootleg and fumble recovery for the game winning TD when a punt would have basically sealed the game.

These four losses define the Bills playoff drought and slump. Choking away games and seizing defeat.

MNF against Dallas. That game inspired in me a visceral reaction of disgust, anger, and bitterness which stuck with me for a few days. That was the first time a sporting event that I didn't participate in effected me like that.

MNF against Cleveland. Trent's first half INT fest and Lindell's wide right with time expiring. That stadium was silent afterward and on the walk out of the stadium all you could hear was shuffling feet. It was an eerie, awful atmosphere.

Season opener on TNF, Roscoe's fumble against New England and Brady's two identical TD's to Ben Watson right over Whitner's head.

Losman's naked bootleg and fumble recovery for the game winning TD when a punt would have basically sealed the game.

These four losses define the Bills playoff drought and slump. Choking away games and seizing defeat.

Its rather impressive really.

Speaking to a Buddy at work, we talked about odds. One might think Bills just have to fall into the playoffs at some point soon.

Just so unreal how they have avoided success.

I pulled the car of Life over just to see how this anomaly plays out

Edited by 3rdand12

10/8/2007 The Bills play the Cowboys on Monday night in Buffalo. At the time I lived in Dallas. I watched the game on TV. You could literally feel the drunken electricity from the Buffalo crowd through the TV - it was a thing to behold. The Boys score 9 points in the final 20 seconds due to an on sides kick recovery and field goal. The Bills truly snatched defeat from the jaws of victory that night.

What a letdown....

This. I was working overnights, many time zones away and stayed up to watch this game on armed forces network. Since it was Monday night football the bills were actually on. Such a soul stealing gut lunch of a game. Extremely disappointing.

Wide right, music city miracle, just give it to them etc...I was younger and used to winning. I didn't appreciate misery yet.

The cowboys game was a special kind of hell. It destroyed any idea that the bills were becoming relevant in their way uo

The cowboys game was a special kind of hell. It destroyed any idea that the bills were becoming relevant in their way up

Loyal Dallas fans that would have been prone to give me **** literally said to me that they couldn't and wouldn't. Everybody spoke about the electricity of the crowd that night. If nothing else the Bills needed to win that one for their fans. It was just unreal how you could sense the energy of the crowd from 2000 miles away. What a disgusting loss....

Bills-Browns 10/11/09

6-3

Worst sporting contest I've ever witnessed live

God, I remember that game. It was painful they were both so bad. For me, it was the Music City Forward Pass. I had to go to the National Sales Meeting for my company the next day, and was in Nashville. Sucked listening to all of those Titans fans.

Ha thanks! I couldn't remember the QB so i googled it and the only QB that came up in the thing I found was St. Pierre...Unfortunately losing to Tommy Crappox still doesn't make me feel better though...that game will forever disgust me

Willie Parker was the back-up running back who played the majority of that game too IIRC. He ran all over the Bills that day and no doubt brought a lot more game than our D was expecting.

Not that it is an excuse but it makes that pain a little less excruciating to know he turned out to be a legit NFL RB instead of some no name practice squad guy no one ever heard from again.

As for the topic I can't come up with one that hasn't been mentioned as most of those came across my mind when considering.

Just going on pure anger the two that stick out are the JP Lossman bootleg fumble against the Jets to lose it late and the McKelvin fumble against the Pats* on MNF. Two Time Warner remotes paid a high price those days. :devil:

Willie Parker was the back-up running back who played the majority of that game too IIRC. He ran all over the Bills that day and no doubt brought a lot more game than our D was expecting.

Not that it is an excuse but it makes that pain a little less excruciating to know he turned out to be a legit NFL RB instead of some no name practice squad guy no one ever heard from again.

As for the topic I can't come up with one that hasn't been mentioned as most of those came across my mind when considering.

Just going on pure anger the two that stick out are the JP Lossman bootleg fumble against the Jets to lose it late and the McKelvin fumble against the Pats* on MNF. Two Time Warner remotes paid a high price those days. :devil:

Also Maddox was entering the year as the starter until he went down in week 2 and Big Ben proved to be a capable starter. These 2nd and 3rd string scrubs weren't as bad as people make them out to be. The Bills came out flat and Bledsoe had nothing for them.

Loyal Dallas fans that would have been prone to give me **** literally said to me that they couldn't and wouldn't. Everybody spoke about the electricity of the crowd that night. If nothing else the Bills needed to win that one for their fans. It was just unreal how you could sense the energy of the crowd from 2000 miles away. What a disgusting loss....

Nailed it. That was the most electric I've ever seen or heard that stadium, and it included several awesome plays, including two INT returns and a punt return for TDs (and one of the most awesome plays I've seen by Chris Kelsay when he batted Romo's pass in the air and caught it in the end zone for a TD). Such an incredible letdown.

Bills-Browns 10/11/09

6-3

Worst sporting contest I've ever witnessed live

Afterward, Russ Brandon said, "Obviously, this is a low point for the organization and the fan base."

Edited by Rubes

That was Clay Matthews Jr.; Clay Matthews Sr. was an OT who played in the 50s. Edited by BarleyNY

This. I was working overnights, many time zones away and stayed up to watch this game on armed forces network. Since it was Monday night football the bills were actually on. Such a soul stealing gut lunch of a game. Extremely disappointing.

Wide right, music city miracle, just give it to them etc...I was younger and used to winning. I didn't appreciate misery yet.

The cowboys game was a special kind of hell. It destroyed any idea that the bills were becoming relevant in their way uo

I too deployed in Iraq watched this game; very painful!

Afterward, Russ Brandon said, "Obviously, this is a low point for the organization and the fan base."

funny...i was at the 6-3 Giants-Bills thriller in 87 with like 8,000 of my closest friends, and had a blast.

LT played every down i think. I may be wrong, but think it was a 4PM kickoff, watched the 1PM games at Wiechecs on Clinton, left at 3:45, was in seat at 4:10.

funny...i was at the 6-3 Giants-Bills thriller in 87 with like 8,000 of my closest friends, and had a blast.

LT played every down i think. I may be wrong, but think it was a 4PM kickoff, watched the 1PM games at Wiechecs on Clinton, left at 3:45, was in seat at 4:10.

That was the strike year, right?

October 11, 2009 Browns 6, Bills 3

Winning QB Derek Anderson 2-17 23 yds

9 false start penalties by the Bills

I was at that debacle. It is the worst professional game I ever saw in person or on TV. It was bad play by both teams and there were not any comical plays that at least you could laugh at. Plus the weather was not bad: no rain, upper 40s, and occasional wind gusts.

The Browns game was mine as well- damn that sucked from the game to the weather. I would of rather watched paint dry.