Tyler Dunne's Q&A with Tyrod Taylor

@TyDunne

This week, I sat down with #Bills QB Tyrod Taylor. His goal? "To be one of the greatest players to ever play."

@TyDunne

Does Tyrod Taylor believe he can do what Cam Newton did last year? "I believe so. I am 100 percent confident that I can do that."

Tyrod Taylor: "I know that people don’t work the way that I work. ... A lot of guys say that but I know the type of work that I put in."

Taylor: "I want to go down as one of the greatest players to play my position. I have a unique skill-set at the quarterback position."

Tyrod Taylor on labels: "A long-ball guy. I can’t throw across the middle. I’ve heard it all. I want to be labeled as a winner."

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His work ethic has got him to this point. If he doesn't kick on from the guy he was last year, it won't be for a lack of trying.

If you're going to talk developmental QB's, you have to ascertain their commitment to their game. You don't get anything handed to you at this level and Tyrod gets it.

He's got some skills. He certainly has commitment. He's got good coaches. Let's hope that all adds up to a great year.

Obviously he doesn't read this forum.

"A long-ball guy. I can’t throw across the middle..."

Clearly he's utterly unaware of what we're writing about him.

He's got some skills. He certainly has commitment. He's got good coaches. Let's hope that all adds up to a great year.

"A long-ball guy. I can’t throw across the middle..."

Clearly he's utterly unaware of what we're writing about him.

Yow! He must read TBD! Maybe he's a lurker?

I'm waiting for him to tell us what he really thinks about Tim Tebow and why.

That's a GREAT read about our unequivocal starting Quarterback, eBall.

He has high standards and has set the bar for himself at the Super Star level.

There's nothing wrong with that. In fact, there's everything right about that.

Most of us have high hopes. Nothing would make all of us happier than a 3 to 1 TD to INT ration and over 4000 years with an 11-5 schedule.

I think you two are friends so I guess ok to call out Gugs.

Tyrod will be with us a long time.

😊 Edited by vincec

Some of the things Gugny has said about Taylor- and I couldn't make this up- include a) He is the worst (later amended to 30th best) starting QB in the NFL, b) Gugny is more skeptical of the Bills QB situation now than he was going into 1985, coming off a 2-14 season, losing Joe Ferguson and going with the Vince Ferragamo/Bruce Mathison platoon and c) EJ Manuel is a better QB than Tyrod Taylor right now.

...this is a great interview.

Go Bills!

Really impressed with how Tyrod thinks. He frames numerous responses by acknowledging understanding of differing viewpoints.

So let get this straight...

strongest arm since at least JP (Well he has a cannon, so why not )

extremely accurate based on last years games alone (reportedly better in otas)

Runs a 4.4

Athletic specimen, perhaps tops on team

Feels he was born to QB

And now...

Embracing leadership role in stride

Still getting better even

Work hard guy

Grounded

Cerebral

How can 3" of height matter that much??

As much as I like to give Gug doo doo about his takes on Tyrod

I cannot fault fans who need to see it before they believe it......15 years is a long time with no playoffs.

Now my own personal belief? If the bills are smart with Tyrod and keep him healthy......then we have our QB.....and he should be paid accordingly at some point next season.

Just learn to take the first downs, go out of bounds, and learn to slide Tyrod

As much as I like to give Gug doo doo about his takes on Tyrod

I cannot fault fans who need to see it before they believe it......15 years is a long time with no playoffs.

Now my own personal belief? If the bills are smart with Tyrod and keep him healthy......then we have our QB.....and he should be paid accordingly at some point next season.

Just learn to take the first downs, go out of bounds, and learn to slide Tyrod

John... I'm in the highlighted group. I don't care if it's Tyrod, EJ or Joe Blow I just want a winning consistent team after all these years. I guess I got spoiled on the Jim Kelly era of playoffs every year.