Sabres & NHL 2016-17 - Victor Antipin Signs One Year Deal

Right, and with Shattenkirk, they might as well just wait until the offseason if they're interested. Washington won't be keeping him anyway, so there's no concern about him signing an extension.

I'd rather they try to sign Alzner for a bit less money. Probably just a rumor I heard but there's been a lot of talk that Shattenkirk wants to be with the Rangers next year.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Unfortunately, any discussion with other teams about parting with a top 2 defenseman, is gonna start with "Reinhart +", I'm afraid.

Right, no top pair d-man is walking through that door. They're going to have to target a second and tied pairing guy. That seems most realistic to me.

That looked like a team that checked out on its coach. 6 to 1 goal difference at even strength, at home yet. That was Risto's worst game as a pro, no doubt he's shot from getting 30 minutes of ice time for the first half of the season. Dropped 6 of the last 7 and they look more lost than ever after that Pittsburgh meltdown.

They dint have Allstate any more?

Ok GEICO or whatever. The one with the roaming gnome or Flo. I don't care. Just as long as he GTFO.

He could be that box thing. Not wily enough to be a gekko.

Boy has this season gone south in a hurry.

Watch this team win the lottery in a middling draft

He could be that box thing. Not wily enough to be a gekko.

Boy has this season gone south in a hurry.

Watch this team win the lottery in a middling draft

A box is a good idea because his GM career should be in a pine box.

The team had a clean white board and he drew pictures of dicks and realized he used the permanent marker.

A box is a good idea because his GM career should be in a pine box.

The team had a clean white board and he drew pictures of dicks and realized he used the permanent marker.

How do any of you guys figure this is Murray's problem? Eichel, Okposo, ROR, Kane, Reinhart, are a very solid core, with Nylander likely coming up to the bigs next season. You also have Rodrigues and Fasching that could materialize into contributors: all put together by Murray. Yea he whiffed on Bogo, Moulson, and Lehner but I think he's done far more good than bad. He doesn't have a Ville Leino on his resume.

His biggest whiff just might be the coach he hired.

Yea, maybe. It's time for Dan to go, but the guy won a cup and was pretty much the consensus guy not named Babcock. Every coach in the NHL gets fired sooner or later, cup, hall of famer, or otherwise. I don't think it's that big of a crime to have to dump a guy in the NHL. I mean, the Bruins just dumped Julien. Boudeau seems to be fired constantly and all he knows how to do is take home first place (8/10 seasons and on pace for 9). Bylsma should really be on the way out already, but I have faith that this team can turn around pretty quick. We've all seen what they're capable of, and you couldn't say that 2-3 years ago.

Edited by BullBuchanan

This was predictable after blowing the game on Sunday.

Great response to the challenge of making a run after their bye week by going 1-8.

A little off track, but if you ever listen to Schopp and his analytics obsession (he puts the anal in analytics), he's always saying there is no such thing as momentum.

Then how do you explain what happened to all these teams after the bye week, especially the Sabres (or what happened in the Super Bowl)?

Yea, maybe. It's time for Dan to go, but the guy won a cup and was pretty much the consensus guy not named Babcock. Every coach in the NHL gets fired sooner or later, cup, hall of famer, or otherwise. I don't think it's that big of a crime to have to dump a guy in the NHL. I mean, the Bruins just dumped Julien. Boudeau seems to be fired constantly and all he knows how to do is take home first place (8/10 seasons and on pace for 9). Bylsma should really be on the way out already, but I have faith that this team can turn around pretty quick. We've all seen what they're capable of, and you couldn't say that 2-3 years ago.

You guys have it figured out. Any coach should be able to win 70 games with a crappy goalie and no defense but a young offense with potential. I have mis-read our genius GM. We are so lucky to have him. I don't know how I could have been so shortsighted. He is always telling us what a genius he is. I can also see now that he really isn't a prick. It's just that he has to deal with so many people unworthy of his hockey genius. If we just stick to his plan we'll squeak into the 8 seed by. 2025.

OMFG.

Personally, I think building this team just got a lot easier. Eichel has officially arrived and they have their superstar. It's going to be a hell of a lot easier assembling a team when you have that key centerpiece in place. The kid has one single flaw, that he's not from or playing in Canada.

Simply not enough talent on the team. As already mentioned Risto and O'Reilly are being used up like old like rented mules. Ease up on them before they break. What's the point at this point.

Foligno, Bailey and Carrier are big and fast players but they are not top two line players.

Nothing more can be said about our defensive corp that hasn't already been said. Instead of giving up talent on a talent shallow team go after maybe two solid to good defensemen who could patch the gaping hole.

The first round pick that Murray gave up for Lehner was used for the top rated prospect in Ottawa's system who should be ready in a year or so. That transaction was felonious theft.

This team plays as if it knows that it is not good enough. Their heart lacks the pumping capacity to keep up.

Personally, I think building this team just got a lot easier. Eichel has officially arrived and they have their superstar. It's going to be a hell of a lot easier assembling a team when you have that key centerpiece in place. The kid has one single flaw, that he's not from or playing in Canada.

Here's the next piece of the puzzle and we could pick one of these up cheap at Montgomery Ward for $43.50

hockey07.jpg

Success is predicated on a well balanced roster. Eichel is a star but what happens when the star goes down? Winning rosters are deep well balanced rosters. This roster has to add a lot more pieces to seriously compete.