Sabres & NHL 2016-17 - Victor Antipin Signs One Year Deal

I'm going to this game tonight. I hope the cannon stays quiet.

Do what eball did. Wear a hot pink thong with no pants so we can easily identify you. As a favor to the rest of the customers you should shave your legs so you will be less offensive to look at. :D

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He's not getting the attention he deserves nationally (internationally?) because he's not Canadian (McDavid) and does not play in Canada (Matthews and to a much lesser extent Laine).

Got it.

It was an exciting game even though the good guys lost. Sabres looked decent, maybe they return the favor tomorrow night.

Secondarily I think I just promised my Uber driver I'd hang out with him and his band on St Patrick's Day.

:lol:

jImdkj8O_200x200.jpgVS. 7x0FMbmZ_200x200.jpg

BLUE JACKETS (43-17-6) at SABRES (27-29-12)

SAT MAR 11, 2017 @ 7:00 PM ET

TV: MSG-B

RADIO: WGR 550

Sabres Digital Press Box Game Preview

CURRENT INJURIES – (Man Games Lost: 329)

Player (injury, first game missed) – total games missed
Cody McCormick (blood clots, Oct. 13; injured reserve) – 68 games
Johan Larsson (wrist, Jan. 3; injured reserve) – 32 games
William Carrier (knee, Feb.4; injured reserve) – 18 games
Kyle Okposo (ribs, March 4) – 4 games
Dmitry Kulikov (upper body, March 5) – 3 games

TRANSACTIONS IN PAST 7 DAYS
3/8: Assigned F Cal O’Reilly to the Toronto Marlies (AHL)

UPCOMING GAMES
Tuesday, March 14: Buffalo at San Jose, 10:30 p.m.
Thursday, March 16: Buffalo at Los Angeles, 10:30 p.m.
Friday, March 17: Buffalo at Anaheim, 10 p.m.
Monday, March 20: Buffalo at Detroit, 7:30 p.m.
Tuesday, March 21: Pittsburgh at Buffalo, 7 p.m.

TONIGHT’S GAME

BLUE JACKETS at SABRES
This is the second of three meetings between the Sabres and Blue Jackets this season.
Last meeting: Columbus defeated Buffalo 4-3 in Columbus on March 10
Next meeting: Tuesday, March 28 in Columbus
The Sabres are 4-5-1 in their last 10 games vs. the Blue Jackets; 4-5-1 at home
This is the 25th game all-time between Buffalo and Columbus; Buffalo has a 9-12-2 series record.
The Sabres are 5-7-1 at home against the Blue Jackets all-time.

Dan Bylsma media availability: March 11, 2017 at 4:30 pm

was that last night? I did not watch, nor will i watch this evening.

Yes. All game. Criminal. Almost as though Bylsma deliberately sabotaged the point streak. I say that only in half jest.

To be fair, Matty Mo had an assist on the Gorges goal which was all about the good play Jack made to start the sequence. But still.

If Jack's linemates converted half the plays he makes to set them up...

If Eichel had played the entire year he would be in the top 7 scorers in the league. He is playing better than the much hyped duo of Matthews and Laine.

His ability to control the puck and feather a beautiful pass was on full display in last night's gwg.

https://www.nhl.com/sabres/video/kanes-go-ahead-power-play-goal/t-277437090/c-50261003

If Eichel had played the entire year he would be in the top 7 scorers in the league. He is playing better than the much hyped duo of Matthews and Laine.

His ability to control the puck and feather a beautiful pass was on full display in last night's gwg.

https://www.nhl.com/sabres/video/kanes-go-ahead-power-play-goal/t-277437090/c-50261003

That's cuz he is better than both...

The first star of the game was Lehner. He made some sparkling stops. The one at the end of the game as time was running out was remarkable. Performances like this in his substitution role erodes (somewhat) the position that the GM made a bad deal for him. I still believe he overpaid for him.

Jack can pass as well as he can skate and shoot. You need a player such as Kane that can convert his beautiful passes.

Fans can look back on this season and bring out their well worn "what if" arguments. But the reality is a lack of talent is the underlying reason this season can be considered a disappointment. A couple of solid to good defensmen added to the mix with the addition of Guhle should help out a lot on the blue line. The differences between the bunched up teams vying for playoff positions are negligible.

One player I have come to appreciate is Gorges. He is a shell of what he used to be as a player. What no one can say about him is that he doesn't always give you everything he has. He may be a battered and bruised fading player but no one can say that he isn't a maximum effort and a prideful player. He represents the notion of old school hockey in its very best sense.

That's cuz he is better than both...

Laine is a very different player, more of a pure goal scorer like Brett Hull was. Matthews is more selfish with the puck but is more like Eichel. Eichel is almost impossible to take off the puck, especially on the PP.

It's hard to realistically compare Eichel in his sophomore season to the other guys. But the NHL is getting ready to enter what should be a very exciting period. The youngsters are already starting their inevitable takeover and there are so many of them. It is going to be quite a race to the top.

Eichel is almost impossible to take off the puck, especially on the PP.

That is what amazes me more than anything. After watching hockey for 40 years, there are so many times I am anticipating a pass from Jack, or a turnover...and that puck is like glue on his stick. Just amazing sometimes watching it.