Sabres & NHL 2016-17 - Victor Antipin Signs One Year Deal

With 8 more points, Eichel will equal his total from last year. He has 12 games left to make that happen. Not too bad considering he missed 2 months this year (missed one game last year). There's another sign of the huge progress towards being a star that he's made this season. I forget who asked about that earlier.

Edited by shrader

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Have you looked at this year's draft much? I haven't, but I always see people saying it is weak. I just wonder if that is due to the lack of a true top guy or if it is across the draft as a whole. We've had an incredible run of top end guys in the draft in recent years, so it had to end sooner or later. This is the first time since 2011 (Nugent-Hopkins) and 2012 (Yakupov) where the top guy isn't hyped through the roof leading up to the draft. Hopefully there is something good there for us. I know we had the best player available talk a week or so back and they should be going that route again. I just hope that BPA just so happens to be a defenseman.

I'm not very knowledgeable about the prospects in this draft. What is apparent is that there are few or none that I am aware of that are in the stud category that can make the immediate jump to the NHL. But that's okay with me. My take on the draft is to draft the best player and be patient for the developmental process to take effect. The norm is two to three years, if not longer.

Guhle was probably good enough to play on this roster. But in the long run it would have hurt his development because he wouldn't gotten the extensive playing time that he has in the juniors. Nylander is at least another year away due to more physical growth than to hockey skill. After an offseason I see him making a quantum leap in the AHL and then be ready for the NHL.

I'm very disappointed how this season has transpired. I'm ready for it to be concluded. Many people believe that the coach is in jeopardy but for me it is the GM who has more pressure on him to show results. Although many people are frustrated with this team I am more optimistic about the near term future.

So, how many minutes for Jack tonight? Kopitar ate his lunch last year with several "welcome to the NHL" moments for the kid. What's in store for tonight I wonder. I mean other than the criminal offense of having Matt Moulson as his left wing.

Two words Jack:

Puck Battle

Didn't see it. Is he reversing roles and tanking on Murray?

If the Sabres don't want this whole thing to sink, Pegula needs to fire Tim the second the season ends. Last year might have been the best chance to ditch this obnoxious loser and hand it over to Babcock. Timing would have been tough and probably unfair even with so much of the writing already on the wall.

So glad I tuned this team out weeks ago. This team is a deadly combination of bad and boring. If Bylsma is still the coach next year, I'm gonna have very little hope or excitement for next season too, no matter how many moves Murray makes.

Edited by EersN'Bills

So glad I tuned this team out weeks ago. This team is a deadly combination of bad and boring. If Bylsma is still the coach next year, I'm gonna have very little hope or excitement for next season too, no matter how many moves Murray makes.

I'm not necessarily a Bylsma advocate but Scotty Bowman couldn't coach the disorganized mess that Murray has put together.

Here you go Dan.....a young offense with some 1000 year old guys strewn in....no defense at all and an inconsistent goalie who hasn't gone on his inevitable murderous rampage yet. Now....coach'em up!

7x0FMbmZ_200x200.jpgVS. cCDxCzrf_200x200.jpg

SABRES (28-31-12) at DUCKS (37-23-10)

FRI MAR 17, 2017 @ 10:00 PM ET

TV: MSG-B

RADIO: WGR 550

Sabres Digital Press Box Game Preview

CURRENT INJURIES – (Man Games Lost: 346)

Player (injury, first game missed) – total games missed
Cody McCormick (blood clots, Oct. 13; injured reserve) – 71 games
Johan Larsson (wrist, Jan. 3; injured reserve) – 35 games
William Carrier (knee, Feb.4; injured reserve) – 21 games
Kyle Okposo (ribs, March 4) – 7 games
Dmitry Kulikov (upper body, March 5) – 6 games
Justin Falk (calf, March 16) – 1 game
Justin Bailey (undisclosed, March 16) – 1 game

TRANSACTIONS IN PAST 7 DAYS
3/13: Recalled F Hudson Fasching from Rochester (AHL)
3/16: Recalled D Taylor Fedun from Rochester (AHL)

UPCOMING GAMES
Monday, March 20: Buffalo at Detroit, 7:30 p.m.
Tuesday, March 21: Pittsburgh at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Saturday, March 25: Toronto at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Monday, March 27: Florida at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Tuesday, March 28: Buffalo at Columbus, 7 p.m.

TONIGHT’S GAME

SABRES at DUCKS
This is the second of two meetings between the Sabres and Ducks this season.
Last meeting: Anaheim defeated Buffalo 5-2 in Buffalo on Feb. 7
The Sabres are 4-6-0 in their last 10 games vs. the Ducks; 4-6-0 on the road
This is the 34th game all-time between Buffalo and Anaheim; Buffalo has a 16-14-3 series record.
The Sabres are 8-8-0 on the road against the Ducks all-time.

Morning Skate: March 17, 2017 at 2:30 pm – 3:30 pm at Honda Center

I'm not necessarily a Bylsma advocate but Scotty Bowman couldn't coach the disorganized mess that Murray has put together.

Here you go Dan.....a young offense with some 1000 year old guys strewn in....no defense at all and an inconsistent goalie who hasn't gone on his inevitable murderous rampage yet. Now....coach'em up!

Yeah Murray certainly hasn't done enough and he's admitted as much, which makes me think Bylsma will be back next season no matter what happens with the final dozen games. Last offseason Murray just signed Okposo, flipped Pysyk for Kulikov and then called it a summer.

Edit: and trading for Vesey's rights but we know what happened there.

I'll concede that Bylsma hasn't had the best to work with but watching how this team plays with a lead and player usage has gotten me questioning whether he's the right coach for this team.

Edited by EersN'Bills

The below link is a WGR segment with Paul Hamilton on the Morning Show with Howard and Jeremy. It is a 23 min. segment. In this recording Paul Hamilton was blunt in his criticism of the team and organization. I thought his comments and criticisms of Bylsma were fair and on the mark. What he said in the segment is much of same of what has been stated on this board. For those who have the time it is worthwhile to get a fair assessment of how this season has transpired.

http://www.wgr550.com/media/audio-channel/03-17-paul-hamilton-howard-and-jeremymp3

Don't know if anyone stayed up to watch it, but the Sabres broke their losing streak with a very entertaining shoot-out win that went 10 shooters on each side. Risto scored as filthy of a goal as you'd want to see to keep the Sabres alive before Girgenso s won it for the blue and gold.

Nilsson was stellar between the pipes. Nice win to end the California road trip.

Edited by ChevyVanMiller

Nilsson made more saves in that one shootout than Lehner has in EVERY OTHER shootout he's backsstopped all season.

Don't know if anyone stayed up to watch it, but the Sabres broke their losing streak with a very entertaining shoot-out win that went 9or 19 shooters on each side. Risto scored as filthy of a goal as you'd want to see to keep the Sabres alive before Girgenso s won it for the blue and gold.

Nilsson was stellar between the pipes. Nice win to end the California road trip.

I counted 10 rounds. Risto with a pretty goal.

I forget who our Ottawa fan is, but BC is done. So if they're going to add White, they can at any point now (if they haven't already).

After adding Burrows and Stahlberg, it's not a guarantee they'll bring him in anymore. If it was still Neil and Lazar, he would have likely been up with the squad.