Sabres & NHL 2016-17 - Victor Antipin Signs One Year Deal

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am shocked that Pegulas haven't launched a full offensive against the league. They've invested more than any other owners to help and improve the league, and get treated like dirt in return.

You haven't heard of the new "getting skated into" penalty? Expect it to also be called on anyone playing against Edmonton.

Risto should have been suspended. The standard for those types of hits has been established. The league applied the standard in a consistent manner. Marty Biron and I think Rob Ray predicted before the ruling that he would be suspended. Marty Biron thought it would be a two game suspension.

Wonder how you guys would feel if Jack Eichel was hit like that? Probably want the guy kicked out of the league for life. Everyone is out to screw the Sabres!!

No. Not at all.

Stuff like this and these "player safety" rulings is why the games a joke.

They are skating around at high speeds on thin blades and some "judge", League player "safety" official is ruling like things can change on a dime after flukey puck deflections, bounces and missed passes.

In +200 games never had an issue. You can see he was off balance.

3 games? Why not 1?

Classic example where game is polluted by "helicopter parents" who are the League officials.

No. Not at all.

Stuff like this and these "player safety" rulings is why the games a joke.

They are skating around at high speeds on thin blades and some "judge", League player "safety" official is ruling like things can change on a dime after flukey puck deflections, bounces and missed passes.

In +200 games never had an issue. You can see he was off balance.

3 games? Why not 1?

Classic example where game is polluted by "helicopter parents" who are the League officials.

Please, he had plenty of time to hold up there. Funny how players can turn on a dime while avoiding a hit at the very last moment, but are apparently unable to do so when attempting a hit.

Contact to the head causing an injury plays a big part in it as well. I would guess they might get it reduced if appealed, but this is hardly "helicopter parenting."

the league has been consistent on these type of plays and the players need to get the message. Take a look at the Polak suspension video. I have seen that play a million times over previous years and sometimes it was not even a penalty and this year it's a major penalty, game misconduct and a 2 game suspension.

Welcome to the new NHL. I have no problem with them taking the dirty unnecessary plays out of the game.

Wonder how you guys would feel if Jack Eichel was hit like that? Probably want the guy kicked out of the league for life. Everyone is out to screw the Sabres!!

1. It's just about impossible to "hit Jack Eichel like that." Eichel is a pretty aware guy on the ice and is pretty tough to line up.

2. No, I wouldn't because it's a hockey play and sometimes **** like that just happens. Has nothing to do with the teams involved, it's a garbage suspension based on the evidence but it's pretty much the standard shitshow from the geniuses at the NHL.

Shut your cake hole, ya Leafs fan. Don't even try to pretend the NHL doesn't favor some teams over others. There's a veritable avalanche of evidence to the contrary.

How did that happen with a glove on?

Put a glove on and let someone give you a hard two hander in the hand with a hockey stick. You won't wonder for long.

Put a glove on and let someone give you a hard two hander in the hand with a hockey stick. You won't wonder for long.

I guess it's the almost part that you're saying then...........Because I had my thumb torn off and have only half of it left - but if I had a hockey glove on, that wouldn't have been the case.

1. It's just about impossible to "hit Jack Eichel like that." Eichel is a pretty aware guy on the ice and is pretty tough to line up.

2. No, I wouldn't because it's a hockey play and sometimes **** like that just happens. Has nothing to do with the teams involved, it's a garbage suspension based on the evidence but it's pretty much the standard shitshow from the geniuses at the NHL.

Shut your cake hole, ya Leafs fan. Don't even try to pretend the NHL doesn't favor some teams over others. There's a veritable avalanche of evidence to the contrary.

1. bull ****

2. bull ****

Whaaaaaa!!

BS decision. Should have got nothing given no prior incidents: https://www.nhl.com/video/ristolainen-suspended-three-games/t-277440360/c-50688303

Finally looked at the hit. That was nasty. I'd call it borderline, and I like the way Risto has been developing a bit if a mean streak this season. If he's got to sit a few late-season games when the team isn't fighting for anything, then so be it. Wingers coming out of their zone will take notice.

Lol.

How long have the Sabres been rebuilding for? 5 years going on 6? Since when does it take that much time to rebuild a team?.... oh wait the Buffalo Bills are still in rebuild mode after 17 years.

Although my rangers lose EVERY year in the playoffs, they are at least a consistent winner.

Murray came in two plus years ago. Your timeline is well off the mark.