Sabres & NHL 2016-17 - Victor Antipin Signs One Year Deal

Has he? Honestly, how does he compare to McDavid, Laine, and Mathews?

You bitchiness resonates when it sounds realistic. Michael is the last thing that anyone should be worried about. He's more than good enough. He's not some Luck-like above average guy with a reputation.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Simply not enough talent on the team. As already mentioned Risto and O'Reilly are being used up like old like rented mules. Ease up on them before they break. What's the point at this point.

Foligno, Bailey and Carrier are big and fast players but they are not top two line players.

Nothing more can be said about our defensive corp that hasn't already been said. Instead of giving up talent on a talent shallow team go after maybe two solid to good defensemen who could patch the gaping hole.

The first round pick that Murray gave up for Lehner was used for the top rated prospect in Ottawa's system who should be ready in a year or so. That transaction was felonious theft.

This team plays as if it knows that it is not good enough. Their heart lacks the pumping capacity to keep up.

It was absolutely a giant steal for Ottawa. Though some would argue Chabot (18th overall in same draft) might be a slightly better prospect, I'm very excited about Colin White. He and Chabot both dominated world juniors. If Boston College has an early exit this year, there's a chance White could be with Ottawa for the last 10-15 games of the season and possibly playoffs. Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall

It was absolutely a giant steal for Ottawa. Though some would argue Chabot (18th overall in same draft) might be a slightly better prospect, I'm very excited about Colin White. He and Chabot both dominated world juniors. If Boston College has an early exit this year, there's a chance White could be with Ottawa for the last 10-15 games of the season and with them for the playoffs.

Thank you for your post. You just made me more infuriated! :cry:

What I don't understand about the Murray trade for Lehner is that Ottawa was clearly moving away from him due to injury concerns and a surplus of alternative goalies. A deal could be justified but not at a first round price. It made no sense from a market standpoint. The Sabres were not competing with any team willing to come close to our offer. The Senators were involved in a daylight criminal heist.

I got to salute the Senators. For the past few years they have been undergoing a quiet rebuild. They have done a good job of rebuilding their roster and getting back into the competitive fray. The Uncle has not only out schooled the nephew---he has spanked him and sent him to the dunce corner. :worthy:

Success is predicated on a well balanced roster. Eichel is a star but what happens when the star goes down? Winning rosters are deep well balanced rosters. This roster has to add a lot more pieces to seriously compete.

No doubt, but it's a lot easier to focus on depth when you don't also have to focus on the top of the roster. I don't want to compare him to specific players in Pittsburgh, but there's a reason why they've consistently gotten significant contributions from their entry level guys over the years. The increased attention on the top guys takes it away from those lower guys and they can then thrive. The potential growth from that is what you hope will make those guys able to pick up the slack should there be an injury.

At this point, of the guys we do have here, I'm most curious to see the growth of Bailey and Baptiste under these conditions. At this point, the team has a legit offense from their top 5-6, so now it's time for the youth to fill out the ranks.

It was absolutely a giant steal for Ottawa. Though some would argue Chabot (18th overall in same draft) might be a slightly better prospect, I'm very excited about Colin White. He and Chabot both dominated world juniors. If Boston College has an early exit this year, there's a chance White could be with Ottawa for the last 10-15 games of the season and possibly playoffs.

BC needs a strong showing in the Hockey East tourney to even make it to the NCAAs. You may well get your time from White.

Has he? Honestly, how does he compare to McDavid, Laine, and Mathews?

He is a point a game player this year. Projected out over a full season, he is right there with those three and actually ahead of Matthews. Since the beginning of February, Eichel is the top point producer in all of the NHL. Patrick Kane, in the number two spot, was five points behind him going into last night's game.

Yes, Eichel has arrived and is getting more adept and powerful with each passing month of his young career.

Edited by ChevyVanMiller

He is a point a game player this year. Projected out over a full season, he is right there with those three and actually ahead of Matthews. Since the beginning of February Eichel is the top point producer in all of the NHL, Patrick Kane, in the number two spot, was five points behind him going into last night's game.

Yes, Eichel has arrived and is getting more adept and powerful with each passing month of his young career.

I know they're forever tied together thanks to that draft, but McDavid needs to be taken out of the equation. He's on his own level and there is no shame in being the best of the rest.

You bitchiness resonates when it sounds realistic. Michael is the last thing that anyone should be worried about. He's more than good enough. He's not some Luck-like above average guy with a reputation.

<_< it wasn't a B word, it was a question.

This is a WGR clip with Simon and White. It is about four minutes long. As the losses mount and the season slips away it is getting testy at WGR with callers. The frustration with Buffalo pro sports is increasing. I agree with the hosts' position.

http://media.wgr550.com/a/118650031/03-08-caller-brad-thinks-howard-and-jeremy-are-ludicrous-defends-bylsma-s-post-game-comments.htm

This is a WGR clip with Simon and White. It is about four minutes long. As the losses mount and the season slips away it is getting testy at WGR with callers. The frustration with Buffalo pro sports is increasing. I agree with the hosts' position.

http://media.wgr550.com/a/118650031/03-08-caller-brad-thinks-howard-and-jeremy-are-ludicrous-defends-bylsma-s-post-game-comments.htm

That was a dumb call. Not only was it 4 minutes into a scoreless game....it was also 60 games into a lost season. The caller wants to light up Eichel for something like that? Eichel?

I think Bylsma will probably not survive this mess. Not saying he goes this year but he will go either before or with Murray. Murray is the actual problem though. To me, Bylsma might be part of the problem but might not be part of the problem. He can't make a gourmet meal with the crap ingredients he's been given.

Nothing makes WGR happier than Buffalo teams in crisis.

I know they're forever tied together thanks to that draft, but McDavid needs to be taken out of the equation. He's on his own level and there is no shame in being the best of the rest.

I firmly agree with this.

That said, according to ESPN, since his return, Eichel has as many points as McDavid.

Just throwing that out there.

Nothing makes WGR happier than Buffalo teams in crisis.

It's a perpetual state of chaos and failure from the pro sports teams that they have no choice but to adapt to. The local media in general have a sour tone. It is understandable. When you are enveloped by generations of wretched mediocrity you naturally become more critical than exuberant. The product is the issue--- not the people who are commenting on it.

I firmly agree with this.

That said, according to ESPN, since his return, Eichel has as many points as McDavid.

Just throwing that out there.

I'd love to see where both guy's career numbers would be so far without their injuries. I'd imagine that McDavid didn't lose much in terms of points per game due to the collar bone, but Eichel was definitely held back by not being 100% for a while.

Thank you for your post. You just made me more infuriated! :cry:

What I don't understand about the Murray trade for Lehner is that Ottawa was clearly moving away from him due to injury concerns and a surplus of alternative goalies. A deal could be justified but not at a first round price. It made no sense from a market standpoint. The Sabres were not competing with any team willing to come close to our offer. The Senators were involved in a daylight criminal heist.

I got to salute the Senators. For the past few years they have been undergoing a quiet rebuild. They have done a good job of rebuilding their roster and getting back into the competitive fray. The Uncle has not only out schooled the nephew---he has spanked him and sent him to the dunce corner. :worthy:

I never understood it from the Sabres side. Just didn't make any sense.

As to the rebuild, Ottawa has been greatly helped by the play of late round afterthoughts like Stone, Hoffman, Wideman and Dzingel. They've been drafting well.

Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall

Colorado's talent kicked GMTM's brilliance all over the ice not too long ago.....like last week.

I think you've missed the sarcasm. This team is far, far more talented than the likes of Colorado. I think anyone with a modicum of hockey IQ can see that. The fact that we can't beat inferior teams falls on Bylsma. Then again GMTM is the one that hired him, and appears to be standing by him.