Sabres & NHL 2016-17 - Victor Antipin Signs One Year Deal

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:lol: I was just saying that to my wife; are we ever going to have a winning team, she just laughed with that tone of "silly rabbit, trix are for kids"

If you have the time this is seven minute call from Luke into WGR after the loss to the Penguins. This poor guy was so exasperated about the state of the Bills and Sabres that he called in twice, It sounded like he was brought to tears. I'm not mocking him because I applaud his passion and I share his exasperation.

http://media.wgr550.com/a/118619311/caller-luke-needs-to-get-a-lot-off-his-chest-and-he-gets-two-tries-to-do-it.htm

Eichel can't declare himself a UFA until he has played in the league for 7 years. This ain't the NFL and he ain't going anywhere.

I get that. 2 years already burned by the douche bag GM. And you have to think he has a bad taste in his mouth that will be tough to erase. 1 more year of this loser Murray and he'll be asking for a trade.

I get that. 2 years already burned by the douche bag GM. And you have to think he has a bad taste in his mouth that will be tough to erase. 1 more year of this loser Murray and he'll be asking for a trade.

"tough to erase" yeah, right. The ~$60M he's going to get will cleanse that palate real quick.

"tough to erase" yeah, right. The ~$60M he's going to get will cleanse that palate real quick.

He can get the same money somewhere else and win multiple Cups. This inept caustic Bwyan Muwway nephew isn't winning anything. Ever.

He can get the same money somewhere else and win multiple Cups. This inept caustic Bwyan Muwway nephew isn't winning anything. Ever.

No he can't, you clearly don't understand how the RFA system works. Based on that last sentence I'm pretty sure you're Luke from WGR...

man, we are actually pitied as a fan base now. I want to be hated, not pitied.

Had a great time at the game yesterday, the assigned SRO seat was awesome for future reference. We were at dot where Sabres shoot twice, would go more endzone next time, but still a great time.

man, we are actually pitied as a fan base now. I want to be hated, not pitied.

Had a great time at the game yesterday, the assigned SRO seat was awesome for future reference. We were at dot where Sabres shoot twice, would go more endzone next time, but still a great time.

You know things are bad when I see a scoring alert on my phone that the Sabres lead 3-0 after one and the very first thought that enters my head is "we'll probably lose 4-3."

Sad but true.

No he can't, you clearly don't understand how the RFA system works. Based on that last sentence I'm pretty sure you're Luke from WGR...

You may misunderstand human nature just a little bit. If he wants to get out of here, do you think he will give full dedication? He can't force us to do anything from a contractual sense but the real world is different. It isn't even fair to ask him to be happy with the inmitigated moron running our front office. If the season is over for more than 30 seconds and Murray is still here, it is a long shot that we retain Eichel long term IMO.

If you have the time this is seven minute call from Luke into WGR after the loss to the Penguins. This poor guy was so exasperated about the state of the Bills and Sabres that he called in twice, It sounded like he was brought to tears. I'm not mocking him because I applaud his passion and I share his exasperation.

http://media.wgr550.com/a/118619311/caller-luke-needs-to-get-a-lot-off-his-chest-and-he-gets-two-tries-to-do-it.htm

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I'm interested to hear if anyone on here thinksMurrayis capable of building a Cup winner. Ever. I just can't even imagine it. Tell me why/how.

Not sure it's all on Murray, but Clearly he and Bile-sma can't figure this team out. Suspect defense, suspect goaltending and smurfy players (Gionta? Ennis?) playing a physically demanding dump and chase style is a recipe for mediocrity....again.

Not sure it's all on Murray, but Clearly he and Bile-sma can't figure this team out. Suspect defense, suspect goaltending and smurfy players (Gionta? Ennis?) playing a physically demanding dump and chase style is a recipe for mediocrity....again.

I'm not in love with what I've seen from the coach but he hasn't exactly been handed a workable roster. Murray tanked into Eichel, built part of an offense, no defense, and sporadic goaltending. It's borderline criminal.

I'm not in love with what I've seen from the coach but he hasn't exactly been handed a workable roster. Murray tanked into Eichel, built part of an offense, no defense, and sporadic goaltending. It's borderline criminal.

The worst part is the amount of time we, as fans, put into these teams without any hope for immediate improvement. For both the Bills and Sabres, my annual life-cycle is as follows:

(Egg stage) I feel optimistic about my season...like a newbie

(Larva stage) I begin sensing my outside environment (other teams) and realize I will be nothing but a friggin butterfly

(Pupa stage) I go into a shell and mope about how my teams suck.

(Adult stage) I pay my bills, save for my kids' college, work and generally B word about my teams during the off season

I am currently in the adult stage for both the Bills and Sabres.

There is one common denominator with both teams (other than Pegula...who I don't blame for any of this).......Mr. Teeth (Russ)

I'm interested to hear if anyone on here thinksMurrayis capable of building a Cup winner. Ever. I just can't even imagine it. Tell me why/how.

I'm not declaring the situation a disaster. Has Murray made mistakes? Of course. Any GM who makes a lot of deals and personnel decisions is not going to have all of them working out in his favor.

Murray gave up a first round pick to Ottawa for Lehner, a goalie they didn't even want to keep. The first round pick was used for one of the top prospects in the league. The Kulikov deal certainly hasn't work out.

The biggest miscalculation the GM made was how he stocked his blue line. He was basically trying to buy time with declining veteran players who were past the point of expiring. So unquestionably that is on him,

Entering the season the Sabres were considered a fringe wild-card contending team. That is exactly what they are. What has magnified the frustration over the rebuild is that Toronto, who was considered behind us, has catapulted ahead of us on its way to the playoffs. That gets a lot of people mad who had different expectations for these teams.

The Sabres are where they are for the simple reason that they don't have enough talent. There are players in the pipeline and additional deals have to be made to rework the roster. I'm as frustrated as anyone else but in reality we are where we should be, on an upward trajectory that isn't high enough and hasn't come fast enough for most people.

If one doesn't have enough patience then get off the bus and ride on another mode of transportation. That's life: Expectations not catching up to reality. If you think it is bad in the hockey world it could be worse. Buffalo Bills fans are in a much perilous position with no end in sight to their normal state of chaos and futility.

The worst part is the amount of time we, as fans, put into these teams without any hope for immediate improvement. For both the Bills and Sabres, my annual life-cycle is as follows:

(Egg stage) I feel optimistic about my season...like a newbie

(Larva stage) I begin sensing my outside environment (other teams) and realize I will be nothing but a friggin butterfly

(Pupa stage) I go into a shell and mope about how my teams suck.

(Adult stage) I pay my bills, save for my kids' college, work and generally B word about my teams during the off season

I am currently in the adult stage for both the Bills and Sabres.

There is one common denominator with both teams (other than Pegula...who I don't blame for any of this).......Mr. Teeth (Russ)

Brandon's just a business guy....I don't blame him either. The real answer is that Dick Jauron, although he should have never said it, was right. It is hard to win in the NXL.

Blowhards make it harder. Granted, there is an occasional skilled blowhard that gets the job done, but guys like Greggo, Marrone, and GMTM are a dime a dozen who sold like experts and have zero people skills other than talking down at everyone. The obnoxious style can work if you're Vince Lombardi. GMTM ain't that. His level of intellect and his perception of his own intellect are separated by the Grand Canyon.

I'm not declaring the situation a disaster. Has Murray made mistakes? Of course. Any GM who makes a lot of deals and personnel decisions is not going to have all of them working out in his favor.

Murray gave up a first round pick to Ottawa for Lehner, a goalie they didn't even want to keep. The first round pick was used for one of the top prospects in the league. The Kulikov deal certainly hasn't work out.

The biggest miscalculation the GM made was how he stocked his blue line. He was basically trying to buy time with declining veteran players who were past the point of expiring. So unquestionably that is on him,

Entering the season the Sabres were considered a fringe wild-card contending team. That is exactly what they are. What has magnified the frustration over the rebuild is that Toronto, who was considered behind us, has catapulted ahead of us on its way to the playoffs. That gets a lot of people mad who had different expectations for these teams.

The Sabres are where they are for the simple reason that they don't have enough talent. There are players in the pipeline and additional deals have to be made to rework the roster. I'm as frustrated as anyone else but in reality we are where we should be, on an upward trajectory that isn't high enough and hasn't come fast enough for most people.

If one doesn't have enough patience then get off the bus and ride on another mode of transportation. That's life: Expectations not catching up to reality. If you think it is bad in the hockey world it could be worse. Buffalo Bills fans are in a much perilous position with no end in sight to their normal state of chaos and futility.

Uhhhh, no. This is my bus as much as it's yours. The fact that we have a bus driver and mechanic who can't figure **** out gives us the right to B word and moan all we want.