Sabres & NHL 2016-17 - Victor Antipin Signs One Year Deal

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I hate the Flyers more than any other team in the league. Irrational I suppose but true none the less.

I used to as well, but it's fizzled out of late. I'd probably go with Toronto due to interactions with their fans at the arena.

Completely absent from your description here is NHL-level defensemen. That's exactly why they're struggling right now. Fortunately, even the most inept GM in the world would have to be aware of this problem. Where he goes moving forward to address this issue is going to make or break his stay with the Sabres.

Did they make a serious play for Shattenkirk? That would have been a nice pick up.

Did they make a serious play for Shattenkirk? That would have been a nice pick up.

The Sabres couldn't afford to give up any of their limited assets for a rental. There should be some trade action at the time of the draft. More activity will be stimulated because of teams maneuvering to handle the expansion draft.

The Sabres couldn't afford to give up any of their limited assets for a rental. There should be some trade action at the time of the draft. More activity will be stimulated because of teams maneuvering to handle the expansion draft.

Right, and with Shattenkirk, they might as well just wait until the offseason if they're interested. Washington won't be keeping him anyway, so there's no concern about him signing an extension.

Right, and with Shattenkirk, they might as well just wait until the offseason if they're interested. Washington won't be keeping him anyway, so there's no concern about him signing an extension.

I'm not looking for the cap draining splash top tier defenseman additon to the roster. I would prefer getting maybe two good young defensemen who not only add talent to the barren group that we have but also add numbers to the backside that turn a major liability into at the minimum credible. If you add in Guhle then defense grouping will have undergone a major upgrade.

There is another story that doesn't get enough attention when discussing our defensive problem. The forwards also are contributing to the defensive lapses with their own defensive lapses. A little more responsible play by them will also enhance our overall defense.

I'm not looking for the cap draining splash top tier defenseman additon to the roster. I would prefer getting maybe two good young defensemen who not only add talent to the barren group that we have but also add numbers to the backside that turn a major liability into at the minimum credible. If you add in Guhle then defense grouping will have undergone a major upgrade.

There is another story that doesn't get enough attention when discussing our defensive problem. The forwards also are contributing to the defensive lapses with their own defensive lapses. A little more responsible play by them will also enhance our overall defense.

I'm with you. The price for any free agent d-man, let alone Shattenkirk, is going to be through the roof. I think it's going to have to be via trade if you want to add a higher end guy.

I'm with you. The price for any free agent d-man, let alone Shattenkirk, is going to be through the roof. I think it's going to have to be via trade if you want to add a higher end guy.

Don't you dare bring up Evander's name! :D

Unfortunately, any discussion with other teams about parting with a top 2 defenseman, is gonna start with "Reinhart +", I'm afraid.

Geez...now reading through the consensus here it seems harder to get a defenseman than to get a HOF QB. And yet our "trajectory" is upward?

So....no playoffs for the Sabres in 17-18 either?

1. What is a reasonable expectation.....not hope....expectation....of when the Sabres will.....not might....be in the playoffs. is the 20-21 season about right?

2. When it is reasonable to expect the Sabres to be a legitimate Cup contender?

I think the answers are:

1. 2 years

2. 4 years

but that is only if Murray is fired pronto. Add a year for every year he stays and if he stays more than 2 years the entire thing will be done. Including Eichels departure.

You do NOT have to be a hockey genius to see that this guy is an unmitigated disaster.

Geez...now reading through the consensus here it seems harder to get a defenseman than to get a HOF QB. And yet our "trajectory" is upward?

So....no playoffs for the Sabres in 17-18 either?

1. What is a reasonable expectation.....not hope....expectation....of when the Sabres will.....not might....be in the playoffs. is the 20-21 season about right?

2. When it is reasonable to expect the Sabres to be a legitimate Cup contender?

I think the answers are:

1. 2 years

2. 4 years

but that is only if Murray is fired pronto. Add a year for every year he stays and if he stays more than 2 years the entire thing will be done. Including Eichels departure.

You do NOT have to be a hockey genius to see that this guy is an unmitigated disaster.

It's hard to get a first pair D man since teams just don't trade them away.

But I don't think our situation is as dire as some may think on the blue line.

The best stretch of games our defense played collectively this year was when Falk, Fedun, and Guhle were in the lineup when Gorges, Bogo, and Kulikov were out. IMO, if we simply replace those guys with the three that took their place previously, we will be improved. That said, I think GMTM will bring in another middle pair defenseman.

This was predictable after blowing the game on Sunday.

Great response to the challenge of making a run after their bye week by going 1-8.

Lehner blows. Enough said. GMTM needs to swallow his pride, admit he made a mistake and replace him. Simple as that.

Rest ROR and Risto as much as possible moving forward. They are worn out from the clueless Bylsma's abuse. Enough Dan.

Only things left to cheer for are Eichel to continue his point streak and for Kane to break 30.

Phuck this fragile team.