Looks like there was room under the bus for Clay.

Have you ever considered following soccer instead of football?

Trade football for Futbol?

It was a silly reach to say anyone was thrown under the bus. It was typical Rex talk. I don't love it, but that was harmless.

"It's a shame, because with Charles Clay as their number one option at tight end, they could really use some help at the position."

Really?

Really?

I like Clay and have confidence in him but when a stupid coach says stuff like this it is simply going to lead to articles and comments like the one you quoted. It erodes a team and there is no useful purpose for it beyond getting his own mug in the press.

I like Clay and have confidence in him but when a stupid coach says stuff like this it is simply going to lead to articles and comments like the one you quoted. It erodes a team and there is no useful purpose for it beyond getting his own mug in the press.

Did the coach say it, or did the reporter write it. Hell, I'm not a Lebron lover, but I'd love to see him at TE. Why not? It's just silliness. Rex is the center tent in the circus, but this is very mild stuff.

I don't think the coach is the one being stupid in this thread...

Did the coach say it, or did the reporter write it. Hell, I'm not a Lebron lover, but I'd love to see him at TE. Why not? It's just silliness. Rex is the center tent in the circus, but this is very mild stuff.

The reporter or maybe even just a commenter wrote it based on what Rex said. Crap like this in response to dumb Rex is predictable but Clay's reaction or that of the other TEs is not. It can't help the team, it can only hurt, but God forbid we be deprived of Rex's NBA opinion. Maybe can suggest we get Aroldis Chapman for QB. Idiot.

The reporter or maybe even just a commenter wrote it based on what Rex said. Crap like this in response to dumb Rex is predictable but Clay's reaction or that of the other TEs is not. It can't help the team, it can only hurt, but God forbid we be deprived of Rex's NBA opinion. Maybe can suggest we get Aroldis Chapman for QB. Idiot.

Chapman is hardly an idiot.

This thread is merely yet another attempt to push an anti Rex narrative. This one is more blatant than most.

Rex did not throw Clay under the bus and Rex never said the sentence that begins: "It's a shame . . . ."

Ugh.

This thread is merely yet another attempt to push an anti Rex narrative. This one is more blatant than most.

Rex did not throw Clay under the bus and Rex never said the sentence that begins: "It's a shame . . . ."

Ugh.

If only there were video that clearly shows Rex joking about this in response to a question about Brown wearing a James jersey. :D

4mer couldn't be more of a troll if he tried. Boo this man!

Wow, you really do hate Rex.....

ikr

You know....when you initially wrote this I thought you were joking and thought it funny

Now I realize that you are serious and I......well.....

The reporter wrote it based on some combination of a lack of knowledge of football, the bills history, and the fact that he probably has never heard of Clay. I mean come on man.

Edited by What a Tuel

Lets hope that Rex calling everyone out lights a fire under the players. This is getting out of hand quick.

I feel like it could be a rallying point for Clay and the rest of the tight ends. Sometimes it takes a real leader to call out a position on the team thats underperformed consistently as far back as I can remember.

Edited by Captain_Quint