Brexit

Brexit  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Will Great Britain vote to leave the EU

2. 2. Should Great Britain vote to leave the EU

3. 3. Should the new version of TSW allow animated Hypnotoad Avatars

SgT1mSvX_bigger.jpgAlec MacGillisVerified account @AlecMacGillis 4m4 minutes ago

Shocker, that so many elites prefer to cast Trump and Brexit as all about nativism rather than also about anti-elitism.

Real story of #Brexit on electoral level is complete revolt of working-class Labour voters v. EU.

Leave won MASSIVELY in Labour heartlands.

Labor 'leaders told the ranks to vote "Stay"

They voted what they thought was best.

How will this reflect in the U.S. when democrat party/ Union leaders instruct their troops ?

There is an incredible theory that a Brexit won't actually happen even if the public votes for it

A really crucial detail about the upcoming EU referendum has gone virtually unmentioned and it is probably the most crucial detail:Parliament doesn't actually have to bring Britain out of the EU if the public votes for it.

That is because the result of June 23 referendum on Britain's EU membership is not legally binding. Instead, it is merely advisory, and, in theory, could be totally ignored by UK government.

http://www.businessinsider.com/green-eu-referendum-not-legally-binding-brexit-2016-6?r=UK&IR=T

that would lead to more Jo Coxes

for realz this time, nigga

Just stop for a moment and consider true evil:

There is more anguish from the Left over #Brexit voting than#Rotherham rapes + cover-up.

From the article I posted in reply #123

I have seen it suggested — or, perhaps, hoped — that the powers-that-be will simply “ignore” the vote to leave.
This is not going to happen.
In a strictly legal sense, Parliament is sovereign and can do as it wishes.
In consequence, this referendum was technically not binding.
Culturally, though, any indication that the government was trying to defy the voters would trigger a catastrophic constitutional crisis.
Speaking in front of Downing Street this morning, David Cameron set the tone: “The British people,” he confirmed, “have voted to leave the EU and their will must be respected.” “
The will of the British people,” Cameron added, “is an instruction that must be delivered.” Sadly for him, the task of making that delivery will fall to his successor.
This wasn’t a left/right vote, it was a victory of the middle class over well-heeled, out-of-touch cosmopolitans.

I believe it is the beginning. this is what results from the concentration of wealth. there are many more have nots than haves and the have nots are getting poorer. totally predictable but the Nero's of the current world fiddled and continue to do so.

If Trump would adopt an "END NAFTA" pitch to his campaign, I bet he would get a lot of the blue collar Democrats that otherwise would vote for Clinton.

If Trump would adopt an "END NAFTA" pitch to his campaign, I bet he would get a lot of the blue collar Democrats that otherwise would vote for Clinton.

He's going to get some blue collar democrats to vote for him, but not nearly enough to win in the swing states.

In times of crisis and turmoil, incumbent parties rarely retain political office.

I expect Trump to win, and the Democrats to take back Congress.

In other words, another Liberal super-majority to pass anything they want, along with an unbreakable Supreme Court alliance to support them. I wonder what they'll #$%@ us over with this time?

My job went to Mexico , Delphi went bankrupt in 2006 , GM in 2009. No way we could under bid on contracts against low wages in Mexico and China.

Beside losing millions of jobs , thousands of now closed factories kept cities viable with there property tax .

This is why I hate Clinton and W. Bush

Wonder how many billions George Soros made today selling the markets short.

Wonder how much of his OMGZORZSECONDGREATDEPRESSION hype pre-vote was designed to do just that.

My job went to Mexico , Delphi went bankrupt in 2006 , GM in 2009. No way we could under bid on contracts against low wages in Mexico and China.

Beside losing millions of jobs , thousands of now closed factories kept cities viable with there property tax .

This is why I hate Clinton and W. Bush

cue GG in 3,2,1....

Hmmmmm.........that's not the narrative.

The main reasons leavers voted leave and remainers voted remain - risk v. control, and no difference by party

CltHNtoWkAAqMd0.jpg.....Click on to enlarge

What about the xenophobia ?

Edited by B-Man

One group wants to hand over control of their lives to the government

Another group wants to take on the risk themselves.

Seems like a left/right party split to me.

It sounds more to me that what you're describing is "authoritarian vs libertarian".

Hmmmmm.........that's not the narrative.

The main reasons leavers voted leave and remainers voted remain - risk v. control, and no difference by party

CltHNtoWkAAqMd0.jpg.....Click on to enlarge

What about the xenophobia ?

That goes with the immigration section. To them it's as if comprehensive immigration policy in which immigration is controlled and not a free for all is xenophobic.

At least that's how it's taken in America. Not sure about Britain, but most people are fine with legal immigration. There just isn't a common sense argument to leaving the back door open. If it doesn't matter then why have legal immigration in the first place? Why are all of those people waiting in line legally?

That goes with the immigration section. To them it's as if comprehensive immigration policy in which immigration is controlled and not a free for all is xenophobic.

At least that's how it's taken in America. Not sure about Britain, but most people are fine with legal immigration. There just isn't a common sense argument to leaving the back door open. If it doesn't matter then why have legal immigration in the first place? Why are all of those people waiting in line legally?

It started with the concerted effort to change the language. Illegal immigrants went to undocumented. Few think of them as the criminals they are.

It started with the concerted effort to change the language. Illegal immigrants went to undocumented. Few think of them as the criminals they are.

Then they dropped "undocumented" completely.

You have to figure out whether the "journalist" is talking about illegals or not in most immigration articles.

Wonder how much of his OMGZORZSECONDGREATDEPRESSION hype pre-vote was designed to do just that.

cue GG in 3,2,1....

Which answer do you want, the one that explains why Delphi, Visteon, GM and Chrysler filed for bankruptcy in the first place or what they needed to do after emerging from bankruptcy to remain alive?

Wow - definitely surprised, and impressed,to be honest. I never thought they'd do it. Bloody good for them - if any Kingdom deserves to remain stolidly British, it's the British. Cheers, mates!

:beer:

So stolidly British that serious people are now talking about a new, successful Scottish independence referendum and Irish reunification, because Scotland and N. Ireland each voted to Stay.

It would appear those who voted Leave with some sort of misguided aim of preserving the United Kingdom might actually have ended it.

So stolidly British that serious people are now talking about a new, successful Scottish independence referendum and Irish reunification, because Scotland and N. Ireland each voted to Stay.

It would appear those who voted Leave with some sort of misguided aim of preserving the United Kingdom might actually have ended it.

They'll probably never survive losing those global powerhouses.

They'll probably never survive losing those global powerhouses.

Cute. But the point is not "survival." It's actually losing much of what's left that makes up the actual kingdom. Used to be the sun never set on the British Empire. Pretty soon it may barely rise on it.