Brexit

Brexit  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Will Great Britain vote to leave the EU

2. 2. Should Great Britain vote to leave the EU

3. 3. Should the new version of TSW allow animated Hypnotoad Avatars

Looking over the map of how each region voted, one thing stood out to me was how strong the Remain vote was in Scotland and Northern Ireland.

Could the Brexit be the catalyst for Scottish Independence or Northern Ireland to breakaway and re-join Ireland?

The mob has many heads, few brains. Terrible day for free trade. Big win for the anti-immigrant blame-it-all-on-someone-else crowd.

I think it's high time that free trade and globalism took a step back. I used to believe it was the best for mankind, but now I see it as a modern slavery system meant to depress wages in the first world.

Looking over the map of how each region voted, one thing stood out to me was how strong the Remain vote was in Scotland and Northern Ireland.

Could the Brexit be the catalyst for Scottish Independence or Northern Ireland to breakaway and re-join Ireland?

Scotland is a tough one. A second independence vote requires ratification from Parliament. It was supposed to be a 'once in a generation' thing. The landscape has changed and I'm all for letting them have another to decide their future.

Really don't know about Ireland. I don't think it makes financial sense for them.

I think it's high time that free trade and globalism took a step back. I used to believe it was the best for mankind, but now I see it as a modern slavery system meant to depress wages in the first world.

Protection and its long successful history.

Of course free trade hurts some, but it's the rising tide. Or at least was. Let's hope the UK regains its senses as it works out how to "exit." Or if it doesn't, let it be a lesson for others who think free trade is bad.

A vote by the stupid for the stupid.

It very well could be, assuming there is an EU for them to join. Who knows what the hell os going to happen now.

The one thing that will hold up Scottish Independence will be the pound. The Scots will again, want to keep it. They have A LOT of financial ties to England. I don't think the EU will let them in with the pound and I don't think England will let them keep the pound.

The EU was formed to compete better with the United States. Though the markets are going to take a big hit in the short term, it probably will be a good thing in the long run. Might be a good time to buy Boeing stock.

I think this is a mistake but hey, no one ever listens to me regardless of what I say.

They shouldn't have joined in the first place, but to leave now is a worse option. My guess is that the people who were most gung ho about the exit will end up being hurt the most. But hey, actions have consequences.

Maybe this will shake up the EU to adopt some pro-growth policies instead of looking for successful companies to shake down.

Not a good day for the world. Great day for short sighted luddites.

Protection and its long successful history.

Of course free trade hurts some, but it's the rising tide. Or at least was. Let's hope the UK regains its senses as it works out how to "exit." Or if it doesn't, let it be a lesson for others who think free trade is bad.

A vote by the stupid for the stupid.

Completely free trade hurts a lot more than "some" and harms a lot more than has ever been understood. There can be a balance between free trade and protectionism, it's not a binary choice.