Brexit

Brexit  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Will Great Britain vote to leave the EU

2. 2. Should Great Britain vote to leave the EU

3. 3. Should the new version of TSW allow animated Hypnotoad Avatars

Comprehension please.

My comment about Liberals was clearly about the WAPO reaction, not who voted for wha

so wait, a conservative pm begs people to stay eu and loses and someone at wapo calls out the masses for being stupid and you assume he's taking a liberal stance? do you not imagine Cameron privately saying "what a bunch of idiots" after the results of the referendum came back? it's certainly what my conservative English in laws are still saying.

so wait, a conservative pm begs people to stay eu and loses and someone at wapo calls out the masses for being stupid and you assume he's taking a liberal stance?

do you not imagine Cameron privately saying "what a bunch of idiots" after the results of the referendum came back? it's certainly what my conservative English in laws are still saying.

Good Lord.............you're doing what you always do, leaping to conclusions to fit your own projections of what others think.

My comment was about the liberal author at the liberal WAPo, not Cameron, who you brought in

http://wapo.st/28YbAa1

Telling that you think Brexit is conservative. This was Magox's point a few posts back.

That is NOT what I think,, I have posted at least FIVE articles which point out that it was not the conservatives that put the vote over the top, but the social democrat/labor voters.

Try to leverage this vote to get better terms to stay in EU.

If that did not work hold another referendum with more info to make that decision .

I think this is what Cameron attempted prior to the referendum. If they got better terms from the EU as a result, it would've been a decent move. However, it certainly backfired on him big time though.

Good Lord.............you're doing what you always do, leaping to conclusions to fit your own projections of what others think.

My comment was about the liberal author at the liberal WAPo, not Cameron, who you brought in

http://wapo.st/28YbAa1

That is NOT what I think,, I have posted at least FIVE articles which point out that it was not the conservatives that put the vote over the top, but the social democrat/labor voters.

Those social democrat/labor voters are just "confused" because of the racist and xenophobic war cries of the conservatives! :rolleyes:

You have got to give it to them, they certainly know how to shift blame.

You said the people voted conservatively in the Brexit vote.

Stick to quoting articles. It's safer.

Cl9-LelUYAAxMgP.jpg Click on to enlarge

Love the book and in a way helped shape my views as a growing young kid. Having said that, who are the aggrieved here? Did the pigs end debate? If so, I must have missed that with this Brexit vote.

Love the book and in a way helped shape my views as a growing young kid. Having said that, who are the aggrieved here? Did the pigs end debate? If so, I must have missed that with this Brexit vote.

No sir.

it was simply a reference to the Post article from earlier which lamented.....

Brexit is a reminder some things just shouldn’t be decided by the people http://wapo.st/28YbAa1

You said the people voted conservatively in the Brexit vote.

Stick to quoting articles. It's safer.

I'm not here to comment on what Bman implied with his statement but the Brexit vote was not a "conservative" vote. It was a vote against the status quo, a vote against free trade, a vote against more immigration and a vote of frustration for the middle class.

Their anxieties are well-placed but I'm not so sure that their votes were. To be honest, I haven't read enough of the pros and cons to form a sound opinion on whether or not the vote will be a net positive but I'd venture to guess that it won't be.

Also, I'm not sure that I've heard the term "elites" as often as I've had to describe the opposition as much as I've heard over these past few days.

Is that the new populist parroted term that the cool kids are saying now a days?

I'm not here to comment on what Bman implied with his statement but the Brexit vote was not a "conservative" vote. It was a vote against the status quo, a vote against free trade, a vote against more immigration and a vote of frustration for the middle class.

Their anxieties are well-placed but I'm not so sure that their votes were. To be honest, I haven't read enough of the pros and cons to form a sound opinion on whether or not the vote will be a net positive but I'd venture to guess that it won't be.

Also, I'm not sure that I've heard the term "elites" as often as I've had to describe the opposition as much as I've heard over these past few days.

Is that the new populist parroted term that the cool kids are saying now a days?

The Brexit vote is not cleanly conservative, but it's interesting that US conservatives are mostly supporting the LEAVE result, despite it being a vote against free trade. Conservatives were once the party of free trade and now have become protectionists who don't believe in open trade. It's a curious turn to find them in bed with trade unions and the left.

That conservatives (the current crop of them) vote anti immigration is no shock. There was a moment here where it seemed the right in the US might tackle immigration reform in a meaningful way, but the Trump ascendency ensures that won't happen.

The Brexit vote is not cleanly conservative, but it's interesting that US conservatives are mostly supporting the LEAVE result, despite it being a vote against free trade. Conservatives were once the party of free trade and now have become protectionists who don't believe in open trade. It's a curious turn to find them in bed with trade unions and the left.

That conservatives (the current crop of them) vote anti immigration is no shock. There was a moment here where it seemed the right in the US might tackle immigration reform in a meaningful way, but the Trump ascendency ensures that won't happen.

Define "a meaningful way." I'm guessing you mean "Amnesty."

this. but this was the opposite of Orwellian (what ever that is..hmmm dystopia:utopia, no, this certainly wasn't utopian) anywho, we finally agree. i'd bet the house the outcome will be net negative in a big way. there's a reason stocks are tanking. http://finance.yahoo.com/news/jim-rogers-on-brexit---worse-than-any-bear-market-you-ve-seen-in-your-lifetime-154317566.html# actually there are many reasons but this lunacy is right up near the top. and there are too many tone deaf elites. it's true and a valid complaint. this just wasn't the appropriate response.

Edited by birdog1960

No sir.

it was simply a reference to the Post article from earlier which lamented.....

Brexit is a reminder some things just shouldn’t be decided by the people http://wapo.st/28YbAa1

Oh I see, but the title of the article that I am viewing says

Brexit is a reminder that some things just shouldn’t be decided by referendum

There were a lot of solid points made in that article and the fact that the leaders of the Brexit helped push this through on false premises should provide pause. Sorta reminds me of "If you like your doctor you can keep your doctor".

I would say for those that are supportive of Brexit, you should try to remain consistent. People bashed Obama for his lies to push through Obamacare, they should do the same for Farage.

This too. on economic policy it's hard to tell the cowboys from the Indians.

That would be because there's no meaningful difference between D and R when it comes to economic policy. They're almost unanimously pro- "free" trade agreements.

there are no d's and r's in Europe. this is about smart versus dumb as I said before. when dumb wins, the markets justifiably freak.

Define "a meaningful way." I'm guessing you mean "Amnesty."

Not necessarily. It's a thorny issue. You can't boot everyone out. You can't just waive a magic wand and grant amnesty. But tackling it in an honest way requires some decision to set up an achievable way to let productive members of our society, including illegals, join it.

The left and right need to find a way to work together to tackle this (and so many other) problems. The tenor of both sides is division but division accomplishes dick.

here's the real reason for brexit: http://moneymorning.com/acq/frontrunners/new-rankings-the-richest-people-in-america-and-what-theyre-doing-that-youre-not?advText=yes&ad=za1a-nrfarb-l&iris=522029

contemplate these numbers for just a minute.

yes, I know it's a rip off ad but the numbers are real:

1,810 billionaires made this year’s World’s Billionaires List, with a total net worth of $6.48 trillion, down from $7.05 trillion last year. Altogether, 221 former billionaires dropped out of the rankings, while 198 newcomers joined for the first time.

this much of the worlds wealth in less than 2000 peoples hands is the true lunacy.

Edited by birdog1960

here's the real reason for brexit: http://moneymorning.com/acq/frontrunners/new-rankings-the-richest-people-in-america-and-what-theyre-doing-that-youre-not?advText=yes&ad=za1a-nrfarb-l&iris=522029

contemplate these numbers for just a minute.

yes, I know it's a rip off ad but the numbers are real:

1,810 billionaires made this years Worlds Billionaires List, with a total net worth of $6.48 trillion, down from $7.05 trillion last year. Altogether, 221 former billionaires dropped out of the rankings, while 198 newcomers joined for the first time.

this much of the worlds wealth in less than 2000 peoples hands is the true lunacy.

Maybe it's not other people with money that are holding you back? Maybe it's because you don't know the difference between a labrum and a spleen?