Brexit

Brexit  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Will Great Britain vote to leave the EU

2. 2. Should Great Britain vote to leave the EU

3. 3. Should the new version of TSW allow animated Hypnotoad Avatars

I'm not anti-immigration. I'm the grandson of an immigrant, one who came here LEGALLY.

One who integrated into the society, learned the language and worked his way up.

People like that should be welcomed. People not like that should be removed.

That's the whole point, you dolt. They came in legally because lawmakers back then recognized they needed to increase immigration quotas to supply cheap labor in growing economy. When the economy stalled the immigration quotas went back down. The only reason we have an illegal immigration problem is because the current crop of politicians didn't have the nutsack to acknowledge the reality that we needed to import labor.

That's the whole point, you dolt. They came in legally because lawmakers back then recognized they needed to increase immigration quotas to supply cheap labor in growing economy. When the economy stalled the immigration quotas went back down. The only reason we have an illegal immigration problem is because the current crop of politicians didn't have the nutsack to acknowledge the reality that we needed to import labor.

Explain this then:

http://www.migrationpolicy.org/programs/data-hub/charts/Annual-Number-of-US-Legal-Permanent-Residents

1 million a year should be MORE than enough, don't you think?

Weird how so many elite world leaders who claim to cherish diversity hate the idea of a world filled with diverse nations.

This sounds like some of the reactions here.................

The Brexit Vote Was Just the Beginning
by Charles C W Cooke
FTA:
As during the General Election of 2015, Pauline Kaelism was on full display throughout the proceedings. Announcing the result last night, most of the TV anchors and pundits looked genuinely shocked. How, they seemed to ask, could the polls have been so wrong once again? After all, nobody in a position of national influence seemed to know anybody who was voting Leave.
As in 2015, the simple answer was that the public lies to pollsters. And who can blame it? I have spent quite a lot of time in the U.K. over the last month, and I have been startled by the condescension, the disdain, and the downright bullying that I have seen from advocates within the Remain camp. That this morning I am seeing precisely the same attitudes on display has left me wondering whether the British chattering classes are capable of learning new tricks.
More than 17 million voters opted for Leave yesterday, and yet to take their opponents at face value would be to conclude that this vast and diverse coalition of citizens was little more than a revanchist, hate-filled, antediluvian rump.
It is certainly the case that the center-right opted overwhelmingly for exit. But it is notable that the election was won not on the playing fields of Eton or in the leafy gardens of England’s Home Counties, but in the industrial Northeast and the blue-collar Midlands. Indeed, as the Mirror and others have observed, Leave’s margin was provided not by a surfeit of conservatives, but by working-class social democrats who traditionally vote Labour but whose concerns are increasingly out of sync with the rest of their party. (This, incidentally, is another reason that Parliament could not get away with ignoring the result of the referendum: Because UKIP is nipping at Labour’s heels throughout the country—and because there is strong anti-EU sentiment among at least a third of Labour voters—the Labour party’s leadership knows that to sign onto any coup would be to sign its own electoral death warrant.)
In our present climate, it is customary for cosmopolitan sorts to accuse anybody who dissents from the European project of being an unreconstructed “nationalist.” Insofar as this describes the dissenters’ desire to return power to their own parliament and to ensure that their vote matters as much as it should, it is an accurate term. Outside of that, however, it is a slur, and a damnable one at that.
George Orwell contended that the difference between patriotism and nationalism was that patriotism involved “devotion to a particular place and a particular way of life, which one believes to be the best in the world but has no wish to force on other people,” while nationalism “is inseparable from the desire for power.” By this definition at least, Britain’s decision to extricate itself from the EU was patriotic, not nationalistic. Indeed, if there is any group within the debate that seeks to impose “a particular way of life . . . on other people,” it is the one that wants ever-closer integration into Europe, and, eventually, a federal super-state.

Explain this then:

http://www.migrationpolicy.org/programs/data-hub/charts/Annual-Number-of-US-Legal-Permanent-Residents

1 million a year should be MORE than enough, don't you think?

Why do you insist on providing data that disputes your point? Look at that immigration graph and overlay economic activity over the 200 years in the chart. And then ask what happened to the legal immigration numbers in the last two major economic expansions compared to what happened during the other expansions in US history?

Said another way, if the US recognized it needed 1 million legal immigrants at the turn of the 20th century, by what measure does 1 million legal immigrants makes sense at the turn of the 21st century?

More than 17 million voters opted for Leave yesterday, and yet to take their opponents at face value would be to conclude that this vast and diverse coalition of citizens was little more than a revanchist, hate-filled, antediluvian rump.

Facebook is full of the typical angry left rants this morning, including the always popular scatter diagram showing the education levels of stay voters.

All that education and most are still too dumb to understand (or admit) why it happened.

Great news to wake up to this morning. A blow to the One World global governance elite. Next step for Britain should be to seal their borders and they may have a chance to survive as a sovereign nation .Now, if we can figure out a way to stop the douches in Washington from sucking us into the TPP! And of course, guard our borders.

Edited by Dante

ROGER SIMON: Brexit Vote Has Huge Ramifications for US Politics:

This vote is of immense help to Donald Trump if he is smart enough to seize it properly and doesn’t bobble the ball. Many, probably most, Americans feel exactly the same as their brothers and sisters Across the Pond. They despise the same elites and want to save their country. Trump, now fortuitously in Scotland (I know — they voted Remain, but not in the numbers they were supposed to), should show his support. The UK is America’s closest ally. We should be the first to extend a hand, negotiate free trade, etc., and get her rolling again.

That most elite of presidents Barack Obama who opened his morally narcissistic mouth supporting the Remain side and warning the British people, as he is wont to do, that there would be “consequences” if they voted to leave the EU is in no position to do anything, even if he wanted to. And he doesn’t.

Hi
llary Clinton is so elitist she practically defines the term. She was probably up all night figuring out what to do about the situation. I have a suggestion — move to Brussels.

On the lighter side........................................

wMfLj0_N_bigger.jpgEsquireVerified account @esquire 42m42 minutes ago

A Texas Woman Woke Up from Jaw Surgery With a British Accent http://bit.ly/28TME6Y

IT'S A BREXIT MIRACLE !

Typical Left reaction:

yv-YqI5w_bigger.jpgJudd LegumVerified account @JuddLegum 3h3 hours ago

Brexit will be a good case study for American on what happens to your economy when you let policy be dictated by paranoia and fear

Great, now let me tell about those !@#$ redneck rural NRA terrorists.

Great news to wake up to this morning. A blow to the One World global governance elite. Next step for Britain should be to seal their borders and they may have a chance to survive as a sovereign nation .Now, if we can figure out a way to stop the douches in Washington from sucking us into the TPP! And of course, guard our borders.

Dante, you would make a fine addition to the alt-right.

Do you need me to recommend sites/podcasts for you? Or can you discover the alt-right on your own?

Do you need me to recommend sites/podcasts for you? Or can you discover the alt-right on your own?

What's the "alt-right"?

He can probably find it on his own, but let me help with directions.

Drive down Coulter Lane until it intersects with Hannity Row, then put on your right blinker so everyone THINKS your going more to the right, but then turn sharp left onto the O'Reilly Turnpike and exit before you get to the Self Fund Tunnel. Whatever you do, do NOT go down Self Fund Tunnel because it's just a name and honestly doesn't take you anywhere. Believe me. People tell me all the time. It's nowheresville.

When you see the big blue building, that's the headquarters for Clinton Foundation. It seems like you're far away, but you're actually much closer than you'll be willing to admit. Drive past Clinton Foundation until you get to Trump University. The little Asian dude in a white tux holding schematics for a pyramid will take you the rest of the way.

Have a safe trip.

more 'reasoned' reaction.........

The Brexit vote was, at its core, about xenophobia http://www.vox.com/2016/6/23/12005814/brexit-eu-referendum-immigrants

"630,000 foreign nationals settled in Britain in the single year 2015."

How dare a people not submit meekly to inundation by a flood of foreigners they never got to vote on inviting................... :D

#Brexit Stock Market "crashes" to levels not seen since.... ....well, last week actually!

CluBhHyWgAAI938.jpg

c6d7f729324c1e592ea9b0879e4abca5_bigger.David AxelrodVerified account @davidaxelrod 3h3 hours ago

Portentous and meaningful stat: 66% people who left school at 16 voted for Leave. 71% of those with university degrees voted to Remain.

The filthy unwashed uneducated masses don't know what's good for them. Amirite?

New age white supremacists

ahh..ok. Sovereign nation with vetted immigrants = Racism . Yawn. Leftists to dumb to think up new bull ****. At least they could be creative instead of parroting the same ole same ole stuff.

We're a political movement that wants to save Western civilization and support the nation-state.

I'll try to hunt down some good introductions.

If you mean protect our system of government from being overtaken by a foreign system which is Sharia Law I'm for it. You realize that has nothing to do with race correct? You should be ashamed of yourself for being so mentally lazy.

Edited by Dante

If you mean protect our system of government from being overtaken by a foreign system which is Sharia Law I'm for it. You realize that has nothing to do with race correct? You should be ashamed of yourself for being so mentally lazy.

Ooooh, Sharia Law. I'll just file that one next to Grandma death panels, $15/gallon gasoline and mass gun confiscations.

ahh..ok. Sovereign nation with vetted immigrants = Racism . Yawn. Leftists to dumb to think up new bull ****. At least they could be creative instead of parroting the same ole same ole stuff.

Yes, that's exactly what their platform is. Protect the sovereignty of the US. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Lol yes we're the ones being lazy

Yes, that's exactly what their platform is. Protect the sovereignty of the US. Nothing more. Nothing less.

With friends like these...

Edited by meazza