Goodell today

“Well, I think that’s one of the things Terry’s going through,” Goodell said, “trying to see what it takes to make sure the Bills remain here on a successful basis. That’s their objective and I know that’s their commitment. We fully support that."

Wow...that's some crazy threat.

No news here. Oh, and: http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/185619-nfl-execs-say-bills-should-get-moving-on-new-stadium/

Edited by Mr. WEO

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If we want owners or Goodell to stop commenting on the stadium then we need to ask all of our local reporters to stop asking them about it.

Owners meeting? I guarantee Carucci or A.N.Other was walking around asking each owner their opinion.

Goodell is in town? what should we ask him about: Brady and the Stadium. No surprises with how he answered.

As others have said, of course he's going to back a new stadium. If we don't want to hear that answer then we need to stop asking the question.

I don't think that anyone is debating that they are viable or even incredibly profitable.

I will use another analogy that may work. If we all go to a party and are asked to bring beer, someone will bring 24 Founders All Day IPA's, others will bring a 12 pack of Bud Light and then someone will bring a 6 pack of Natty Ice. Everyone is going to have plenty of beer to drink and have a good time. The other guys at the party are just saying, "we aren't going to kick you out or anything but do you think that next time you can do better than that 6 pack of Natty Ice?"

My answer is you drank more than your share; last time I made suggestion you told me I was senile and you were proved wrong so I think I should question what you are stating plus you stuck me with Bill last time for you said you needed to go feed the meter on your porsche. I know you have shares in Founders Brewing Company, are a shrill for them and you keep telling me we should caviar with our drinks but that raises cost for party and I do not eat caviar and my budget does not have room for it. Kick me out or put a sock in your mouth.

Since there's no real threat of moving, I could not care less about what Roger has to say. Regardless of where you stand on a new stadium, all options are better than the Bills leaving. Period.

until he threatens the packers like this.. wish he would stop.. mara before him.. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/06/06/roger-goodell-sends-buffalo-some-pretty-strong-stadium-hints/

there are so many inaccuracies to this piece of aggregation. where to begin:

1) Goodell didn't make this trip to WNY to remind anyone of anything. He was asked about it and gave a very indefinitive response.

2) Goodell didn't "suggest that Bill owners Terry and Kim Pegula might want to think about a new stadium." When asked about expectations regarding a new stadium, he began by saying: "Well, i think that's one of the things Terry's going through and trying to see, what does it take to make sure that the Bills can remain here on a successful basis." ... Say what you will about the second part, but to suggest it's a reminder when the Pegulas are already doing it, doesn't make it a suggestion..

3) As threats go this isn't a threat, veiled thinly or not.

Goodell actually reined back what he's said previously, particularly during the Bills sale process when the uncertainty of new ownership placed the leverage in the NFL's court to try to pray on fears and pry as much out of WNY as possible.

It was this fear that drove Cuomo to immediately launch a new stadium study, because Cuomo wanted to make sure any prospective owner's needs and questions were immediately answered.

Keep in mind, the stadium study came into play well before the Pegulas threw their hat in the ring, so there was real uncertainty as to who the new owner might be, and whether he was an outsider. A new stadium, To have a design, location and cost in place before the owner took over was considered integral in Cuomo making his case in keeping the Bills in WNY to someone who was not from the area. It was also a move to blunt the designs and plans one certain group in Toronto already had in place.

The thinking was, if NY didn't have a stadium plan in place to present a new owner, while Toronto did, then it would be far easier for a new owner to start looking to Ontario.

Of course, an outsider didn't materialize as the front-runner once the Pegulas entered the picture. Once that happened, and it started to become evidently clear in late July that the Pegulas were going to be the new owners, the rush to produce a stadium plan became less of a priority. It's also one reason we've not heard a peep from the "New Stadium Committee."

There's essentially no need for it with the Pegulas now handling that part.

It's quite likely the Pegulas will produce plans to build a new stadium. The timing of it, however, is well down the road.

jw

1) Goodell didn't make this trip to WNY to remind anyone of anything. He was asked about it and gave a very indefinitive response.

2) Goodell didn't "suggest that Bill owners Terry and Kim Pegula might want to think about a new stadium." When asked about expectations regarding a new stadium, he began by saying: "Well, i think that's one of the things Terry's going through and trying to see, what does it take to make sure that the Bills can remain here on a successful basis." ... Say what you will about the second part, but to suggest it's a reminder when the Pegulas are already doing it, doesn't make it a suggestion..

Goodell actually reined back what he's said previously, particularly during the Bills sale process when the uncertainty of new ownership placed the leverage in the NFL's court to try to pray on fears and pry as much out of WNY as possible.

It was this fear that drove Cuomo to immediately launch a new stadium study, because Cuomo wanted to make sure any prospective owner's needs and questions were immediately answered.

Keep in mind, the stadium study came into play well before the Pegulas threw their hat in the ring, so there was real uncertainty as to who the new owner might be, and whether he was an outsider. A new stadium, To have a design, location and cost in place before the owner took over was considered integral in Cuomo making his case in keeping the Bills in WNY to someone who was not from the area. It was also a move to blunt the designs and plans one certain group in Toronto already had in place.

The thinking was, if NY didn't have a stadium plan in place to present a new owner, while Toronto did, then it would be far easier for a new owner to start looking to Ontario.

Of course, an outsider didn't materialize as the front-runner once the Pegulas entered the picture. Once that happened, and it started to become evidently clear in late July that the Pegulas were going to be the new owners, the rush to produce a stadium plan became less of a priority. It's also one reason we've not heard a peep from the "New Stadium Committee."

It's quite likely the Pegulas will produce plans to build a new stadium. The timing of it, however, is well down the road.

jw

thank you jw.. your take is always appreciated. :thumbsup:

The best thing to come from this--by far--is Wawrow calling out LaConfora on twitter...sorry tough to post the whole thing, take these screen grabs.

kpGoF5q.png

aJNc4dl.png

a4jzZJf.png

wM56XgN.png

M4HB8zJ.png

I have an entirely new level of respect for Mr. Wawrow and it was pretty high before. Well done, John.

My god, this is much adou about nothing. I'm not a Svengali, but been in business for a long time, and we'll see the build up over the years. We'll be eventually figure out a new stadium in one of these locations by 2022 or so give a year or so.

Pegula knows it. He'll make the most of this situation. We'll love him. The push will be on in the timeframe above, and if Pegula manages the team well with a winner, it won't matter.

jw

John, thanks again for everything you do to keep us fans informed!

jw

Great stuff as always JW!! Don't let LaCanfora off the hook for his click bait nonsense. He's incredibly uninformed. Edited by Kirby Jackson

Great stuff as always JW!! Don't let LaCanfora off the hook for his click bait nonsense. He's incredibly uninformed.

So true! I bet those guys are not accustomed to being held accountable.

Great stuff as always JW!! Don't let LaCanfora off the hook for his click bait nonsense. He's incredibly uninformed.

As 26 dubbed him: Jason LaConjecture.

GO BILLS!!!

jw

Well said, jw!

If the NFL never said anything about the open sewer the Raiders play in, they should STFU about RWS.

im right at the same spot on this. Both Oak and SD are sewers compared to The Ralph

jw

well done JW. I've got some ribs with your name on them at the opener. Make sure to come by the TBDHOT.