Preston Brown with an interesting quote..

Distinctly was pointing fingers mid season, now apparently he's toeing the line...

http://m.buffalobills.com/s/30841/368?itemUri=-1981761824/141241192399963114120013133

From above link"one of the best defensive coaches in the history of this game you think it's going to be easy and we'll be a top 10 defense again and that didn't happen. We didn't put the time and effort that we needed to be a great defense. It was a great learning experience for all of us, coaches, players, everybody. Now we know what we have to do and the little mistakes last year, we'll get those eliminated, prevent those big plays and hopefully we'll get some wins."

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Distinctly was pointing fingers mid season, now apparently he's toeing the line...

http://m.buffalobills.com/s/30841/368?itemUri=-1981761824/141241192399963114120013133

From above link"one of the best defensive coaches in the history of this game you think it's going to be easy and we'll be a top 10 defense again and that didn't happen. We didn't put the time and effort that we needed to be a great defense. It was a great learning experience for all of us, coaches, players, everybody. Now we know what we have to do and the little mistakes last year, we'll get those eliminated, prevent those big plays and hopefully we'll get some wins."

this can be read either way:

we did not spend the time and effort because the coaches did not enforce the effort nor provide the proper time.

or

we did not motivate ourselves to give effort to learn this system. (there is no excuse the players can truly give for time which can be faulted 100% as their own issue because coaches need to recognize it is a lack of understanding to help instruct the system).

i read it as 65-70% the former and 30-35% the latter.

I'll say it again. When your highest paid player won't buy in it makes it very difficult for others to buy in. Doesn't matter what anyone says or thinks and this works the same way at any job.

Marcel makes pretty good $ and he griped too. If you want to say Mario infuenced him, not buying it. He's a grown man. If the coach/supervisor doesn't know how to use the strength/abilities of his staff/players, it's going to be difficult for everyone to buy in. Doesn't matter what anyone says or thinks and it works the same way at any job.

You think so?

"one of the best defensive coaches in the history of this game"...????

I believe this has been mentioned by him before, those words - that "they thought they could just go in and be great, and didn't think they'd have to put the time and effort in" sound familiar.

This is a fairly good article as well.

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2016/03/24/bills-ilb-preston-brown-has-a-plan-in-2016-i-need-to-take-charge/

We will see how it translates this year. Despite the N3's, I am still flying high as an triple O!

Marcel makes pretty good $ and he griped too. If you want to say Mario infuenced him, not buying it. He's a grown man. If the coach/supervisor doesn't know how to use the strength/abilities of his staff/players, it's going to be difficult for everyone to buy in. Doesn't matter what anyone says or thinks and it works the same way at any job.

This is true to a degree. But if you have some one with Mario's background being a negative force, it can pull people down.

Managers also need employees who want to be managed. Mario seemed like a guy who wanted to do what he wants when and and how he wants. That's also common in work places and has to be fixed.

I think that Marcel was influenced by Mario throughout most of the year...that his griping was encouraged my Mario's example....but it seemed like in the last few games there was a change in him...and there was a difference in him...and a difference in the D.

I think that Marcel was influenced by Mario throughout most of the year...that his griping was encouraged my Mario's example....but it seemed like in the last few games there was a change in him...and there was a difference in him...and a difference in the D.

I also heard Mario caused the Zika virus.

Edited by 4merper4mer

It all went south defensively when Kyle Williams went down with injury, Mario Williams wouldn't have had the balls to play the role of the malcontent. Kyle would have straightened him up immediately.

It all went south defensively when Kyle Williams went down with injury, Mario Williams wouldn't have had the balls to play the role of the malcontent. Kyle would have straightened him up immediately.

Not really.

They were picked apart against NE, NYG, and Cincinnati with Kyle. His absence didn't help, but they were performing well below expectations even when he was in the lineup.

Not really.

They were picked apart against NE, NYG, and Cincinnati with Kyle. His absence didn't help, but they were performing well below expectations even when he was in the lineup.

My point is that Kyle would have never let Mario vent in the media about the problems the D was having, he would have kept the dissent in house, trying to figure things out.

Not really.

Were they really picked apart in the NYG game? That's not what I remember. They did a pretty good job against the Giants including keeping OBJ down, but didn't get much help from the decimated offense.

Were they really picked apart in the NYG game? That's not what I remember. They did a pretty good job against the Giants including keeping OBJ down, but didn't get much help from the decimated offense.

3 TDs and a 92 passer rating to Eli wasn't very good. It wasn't to the same level as NE and Cincinnati, but it certainly wasn't good

The myth of Mario the cancer grows each day.

Wait, is there any denying that his effort was lackluster last season?

The myth of Mario the cancer grows each day.

"Myth"? Nothing mythic about his lack of effort. There is no reason to give Subpar Mario a pass for anything last season. Let's not let the problems with Rec overshadow one of the great check-cashers in a Bills uniform since Billy Joe Hobert.

kj

3 TDs and a 92 passer rating to Eli wasn't very good. It wasn't to the same level as NE and Cincinnati, but it certainly wasn't good

Outside the one missed tackle, it was a pretty good day

My point is that Kyle would have never let Mario vent in the media about the problems the D was having, he would have kept the dissent in house, trying to figure things out.

Seems a little bold. If Kyle had that extreme sway his injury wouldnt prevent him from saying shut up

Interpret his play however you wish but blaming Mario for the failures of Brown and the complaints of Dareus is beyond the pail.

And the legend of Kyle Williams is getting a little out of control. "If Kyle were here everyone would have shut up, done their job and loved it.". "If Kyle were here we would have had 8 consecutive shutouts". There is no question Williams is a warrior when he is able to stay on the field and he never quits on a play wrt his own effort level, but does anyone remember any other player ever giving him credit for doing the things that are taken as gospel here? A young player saying "Kyle took me under his wing and everything clicked"? A vet saying "Kyle got us straightened out and we went from there"?

You guys need to get ready for a rude awakening because Williams' popularity is the only thing keeping him from being scapegoat candidate #1 for Rex. He does not fit in the Rex system and probably won't have a great year this year. Rex will probably not directly attack him but say something like "If we only had a younger Kyle Williams we could have really done something after teaching him our genius system...."