Preston Brown with an interesting quote..

i'm not as extreme as mrs ags.

i am saying he is overrated. he is what fred jackson was last year - overrated.

do i still want kyle on this team? yes. did i want fred jackson last year? yes.

thats where I'm at. I never said I didn't want him on my team. But he is over rated. And the opinions of "pff, ESPN, his peers, fans, everyone else" prove that. He really isn't that good. Not as good as they claim he is. He is loved by many because of what he represents. Which is also what Freddy represented. Same with Aaron Schobel, Lee Evans, etc... He is/was the best player on a crappy team for years. That doesn't mean that any of them was actually good, it just means they were the best of the crap we had to watch. They gave many something to route for in times when there wasn't much hope for anything else.

That's fine. I like Kyle. But he's just not that good and people should really get used to not having him around because he'll be lucky to make it on the final roster this season. And if he does it'll be his last.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm not as extreme as mrs ags.

i am saying he is overrated. he is what fred jackson was last year - overrated.

do i still want kyle on this team? yes. did i want fred jackson last year? yes.

Ha, we're probably pretty close on this, although I don't think Kyle is particularly overrated, at least not throughout the league (maybe here, but i obviously don't feel that way as i am rating him highly :) ).

If Kyle has an off year this year, I'll be zen with their releasing him. He'll be 33/34 and his salary cap number would not justify his presence. If he plays at 2012-14 levels, then I'd hope they'd extend at a reasonable rate. We let Pat Williams go at about the same time in his career and regretted it.

Was actually thinking about Fred during this exchange, as I was definitely upset when they cut him, but after a few days, I could understand why.

thats where I'm at. I never said I didn't want him on my team. But he is over rated. And the opinions of "pff, ESPN, his peers, fans, everyone else" prove that. He really isn't that good. Not as good as they claim he is. He is loved by many because of what he represents. Which is also what Freddy represented. Same with Aaron Schobel, Lee Evans, etc... He is/was the best player on a crappy team for years. That doesn't mean that any of them was actually good, it just means they were the best of the crap we had to watch. They gave many something to route for in times when there wasn't much hope for anything else.

That's fine. I like Kyle. But he's just not that good and people should really get used to not having him around because he'll be lucky to make it on the final roster this season. And if he does it'll be his last.

What side were you on about Pat Williams? Honest question.

And I'm sorry, but I'll take my own eyes (faulty as they may be), and the opinions of players, analysts, etc., over a fan whose opinions tend to skew negative (and i'll respect that you might feel the same about someone who tends to be positive -- although you may not have any opinion since i don't really post that much). Sometimes players on bad teams will look better than they are (Evans, Byrd, Clements, etc.)...sometimes they're just good and have bad luck. He should be on this roster this year and the team will be better for it (again, my opinion), they were (even if they were not great) much better on run D before he was hurt, and that was in Rex's system. That's why I defend him, and want him on my favorite team. Coincidence, maybe, but I don't feel like my expertise is any less valid than yours.

Ha, we're probably pretty close on this, although I don't think Kyle is particularly overrated, at least not throughout the league (maybe here, but i obviously don't feel that way as i am rating him highly :) ).

If Kyle has an off year this year, I'll be zen with their releasing him. He'll be 33/34 and his salary cap number would not justify his presence. If he plays at 2012-14 levels, then I'd hope they'd extend at a reasonable rate. We let Pat Williams go at about the same time in his career and regretted it.

Was actually thinking about Fred during this exchange, as I was definitely upset when they cut him, but after a few days, I could understand why.

What side were you on about Pat Williams? Honest question.

And I'm sorry, but I'll take my own eyes (faulty as they may be), and the opinions of players, analysts, etc., over a fan whose opinions tend to skew negative (and i'll respect that you might feel the same about someone who tends to be positive -- although you may not have any opinion since i don't really post that much). Sometimes players on bad teams will look better than they are (Evans, Byrd, Clements, etc.)...sometimes they're just good and have bad luck. He should be on this roster this year and the team will be better for it (again, my opinion), they were (even if they were not great) much better on run D before he was hurt, and that was in Rex's system. That's why I defend him, and want him on my favorite team. Coincidence, maybe, but I don't feel like my expertise is any less valid than yours.

dont worry, I don't expect anyone else to have such knowledge and NFL expertise as me. So I can't fault you and your skewed opinion. After all it's what you believe.

You say I'm negative? I'm just being realistic. My realistic opinion and feelings towards Kyle Williams is that he will have a hard time making the final roster this season and expect him to be cut like Fred was last year. It'll make almost everyone jump off a bridge when this happens. Can I say we will be better for it? Probably not. Because if one of our starters goes down we won't have even an NFL worthy player to back them up. Which is why Kyle looked so important to a few last year. Once he was out he was replaced with a tackling dummy during games. No wonder we played worse against the run.

But if he manages to make the team this yet he'll be injured by week 5 and that'll be his goodbye from the team and if he's smart the league.

I love Rex Ryan. He is all in on the team and Buffalo. Who cares if we don't make the playoffs. It's gonna be a great ride and really can it get any worse then Juraun, Gailey, Mularkey, and the other crap brought in to only be flushed down the drain?

dont worry, I don't expect anyone else to have such knowledge and NFL expertise as me. So I can't fault you and your skewed opinion. After all it's what you believe.

You say I'm negative? I'm just being realistic. My realistic opinion and feelings towards Kyle Williams is that he will have a hard time making the final roster this season and expect him to be cut like Fred was last year. It'll make almost everyone jump off a bridge when this happens. Can I say we will be better for it? Probably not. Because if one of our starters goes down we won't have even an NFL worthy player to back them up. Which is why Kyle looked so important to a few last year. Once he was out he was replaced with a tackling dummy during games. No wonder we played worse against the run.

But if he manages to make the team this yet he'll be injured by week 5 and that'll be his goodbye from the team and if he's smart the league.

Yes we have heard this before ... player will not make team but if he does he will be injured .... Makes people think you have some sort of survival pool with him as a choice.

Edited by Koolaid

I can't predict what Kyle Williams will do this year, he is getting older and coming off an injury.

That being said, I feel he was a better DT than Fred Jackson was a RB.

ironically we needed Fred Jackson much more fun Han we need Kyle now. Considering we had multiple games last year where we trotted out Boobie Dixon as the starter. A rested Freddy would have been much more impactful.

Instead now we have a log jam at DE/DT with the signing of Washington. Assuming Barnes is actually going to be a DT and not an OL like rumors have suggested.

ironically we needed Fred Jackson much more fun Han we need Kyle now. Considering we had multiple games last year where we trotted out Boobie Dixon as the starter. A rested Freddy would have been much more impactful.

Instead now we have a log jam at DE/DT with the signing of Washington. Assuming Barnes is actually going to be a DT and not an OL like rumors have suggested.

Kyle is still the second best DT/DE on the roster.

Kyle is still the second best DT/DE on the roster.

And did a restructure this offseason that virtually guarantees he makes the 53

I can't disagree with that yet but that's why Adolphus is in the team. He is the replacement.

Probably. But not this year.

Wait, Kyle Williams sucks now?

Jesus, I learn something new every day. I thought he was widely regarded a good DT? (notice I say good, not hall of fame, not elite)

He is.

what about Preston Brown.

do we like him ?

Hard to recall with all the pissing

I looked in the game logs online and it appears that the Bradham play still counts.

Cop out. The key to any defense is putting people in position to make plays. Bradham just didn't make the play; that's not on the defensive scheme. The Bills' D was not bad vs. the Giants.

Cop out. The key to any defense is putting people in position to make plays. Bradham just didn't make the play; that's not on the defensive scheme. The Bills' D was not bad vs. the Giants.

If we are allowed to count what could have been instead of wharf actually was, then we went 16-0, swept through the playoffs with ease and will be hosting the season opening Thursday night game.

Give me a break with all the bad results mean nothing stuff dude. Results are results. Rex sucked and botched the defense badly based on results. Based on what some people view as what could have been, Rex was great. Also, Beerboy shot an 18 at his golf outing yesterday.

Distinctly was pointing fingers mid season, now apparently he's toeing the line...

http://m.buffalobills.com/s/30841/368?itemUri=-1981761824/141241192399963114120013133

From above link"one of the best defensive coaches in the history of this game you think it's going to be easy and we'll be a top 10 defense again and that didn't happen. We didn't put the time and effort that we needed to be a great defense. It was a great learning experience for all of us, coaches, players, everybody. Now we know what we have to do and the little mistakes last year, we'll get those eliminated, prevent those big plays and hopefully we'll get some wins."

Talk about over-hyping something. These are the kinds of things, generally speaking, that most players utter around the league this time of year. At the beginning of last season the over-hype was far greater here than it is now at the same time.

This statement has zero value.

This team is in show-me mode, straight outta the gate.

Prove it!

Talk about over-hyping something. These are the kinds of things, generally speaking, that most players utter around the league this time of year. At the beginning of last season the over-hype was far greater here than it is now at the same time.

This statement has zero value.

This team is in show-me mode, straight outta the gate.

Prove it!

Agreed