Sanjay Lal on the WR Corps

Did I say anything that isn't factual? Because facts don't care about fan-hood.

There should be a safe zone, i.e. non-critical zone, created here on TBD. I beginning to think it's necessary for too many fans.

No safe zone needed; you just shouldn't be surprised when you're called out for who you are.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

James Hardy - 2nd round

Charles Rodgers - 2nd overall pick

Peter Warrick - 4th overall pick

Troy Williamson - 7th overall pick

David Terrell- 8th overall pick

Reggie Williams - 9th overall pick

All those guys were terrible NFL wideouts. Plenty more to list.

Antonio Brown went undrafted. What is your point?

There should be a safe zone, i.e. non-critical zone, created here on TBD. I beginning to think it's necessary for too many fans.

I am actually trying to find things that you post that ARE factual.....just a lot of opinion

I always thought 'street FAs' were players without a team for a long period of time, hah

Me too. I guess Mario was a street free agent too.

Above Gronk, Edelman, Bennett, or Amendola?

He's next in line for the little white guy in the slot role, after Edelman's melon gets split open a couple more times.

Uh....there is, and you're in it.

@RQUINN619

A Look at Hankerson, Little, Salas, Boykin & what each brings to #Bills #3 WR Battle http://buildingtheherd.com/commentary/bills-wr-battle/

I think it will come down to number of factors:

1. Who remains healthy in camp - last year we had injuries to primary WRs but none of the WRs in camp were able to get roster position
  2. Who is in sync with Tyrod - Jarrett Boykin has advantage here - and who can be in the positions where Tyrod is able to throw it since Tyrod has trouble over the middle
  3. Who does Roman think aids the blocking - WRs blocking is a very important part of his game planning
  4. Who do they feel will be most useful for special teams? Bills are looking for returners, a gunner and other team members
  5. How good of a coach is Sanjay? Can he fix one or more of the WRs issues? These are not UDFAs who need time to develop but experienced WRs with issues.

I think it will come down to number of factors:

1. Who remains healthy in camp - last year we had injuries to primary WRs but none of the WRs in camp were able to get roster position
  2. Who is in sync with Tyrod - Jarrett Boykin has advantage here - and who can be in the positions where Tyrod is able to throw it since Tyrod has trouble over the middle
  3. Who does Roman think aids the blocking - WRs blocking is a very important part of his game planning
  4. Who do they feel will be most useful for special teams? Bills are looking for returners, a gunner and other team members
  5. How good of a coach is Sanjay? Can he fix one or more of the WRs issues? These are not UDFAs who need time to develop but experienced WRs with issues.

I just hope they dont cut someone to keep Goodwin....who frankly should just be given his release. I am hoping that drafting Listenbee is the end of the Goodwin era.

Hankerson has the talent. It's staying healthy that's the issue.

Hankerson issue is bad hands.

Long arms......good.......hands too far from brain.....bad.

He is a curious case because he otherwise has the ability to be a very good #2 WR.......more ability than Woods and more proven ability than Goodwin or Listenbee.

But if he's not in your top 3......and subsequently one injury away from a #2 role where he can get regular cracks at making big plays.......then he probably isn't in your top 6.

Doesn't offer a lot else and the last thing you want at the end of the bench is a guy with bad hands.

That guy needs to be like Salas who not only can play ST but who can come in and at least catch the few last-option passes that are thrown to him.

This is probably as good of a situation as Hankerson can ask for.........he needs to be on a shallow WR corps to stick.

Goodwin is the most talented WR on the roster not named Watkins......he is not only fast but has remarkable quickness and change of direction skills and adjusts to the ball and tracks it very well in the air ..but has done squat and shown no intention of committing entirely to football.......but he is in his walk year and if it's ever going to happen it's now.

It would be quite a story if someone like Little or Boykin turned into something special.......they are run-of-the-mill washouts that are much better athletes than football players.

Edited by #BADOL

Anyone else think that the Bills need to overhaul the training and conditioning program for their WRs? If anything, they seem OVER-conditioned. Watkins and Goodwin are so muscle-bound that they seem to be constantly vying with soft tissue injuries. Woods too for that matter.

Plus, did I read that Clay's knee is acting up again? If so, not good...