Doug Whaley comments going viral

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you put him transaction per transaction with his peers......in the football area yes Whaley does look to be pretty good at his job.

The teams wins and losses should not come into that equation....his job is to find talent....Rex Ryan was not Whaley's hire....it was the owners.....

Almost anyone can replace Whaley if all his job requires him to do is "find talent." That's not at all difficult in this day and age considering the vast amount of resources available.

Besides finding a quality head coach, his job description should also entail adequate public speaking skills and not embarrassing the league or organization.

Almost anyone can replace Whaley if all his job requires him to do is "find talent." That's not at all difficult in this day and age considering the vast amount of resources available.

Besides finding a quality head coach, his job description should also entail adequate public speaking skills and not embarrassing the league or organization.

Okay, serious question: is it your belief that human bodies are intended to crash full speed into each other in perpetuity?

File this under "he probably should've made a different choice of words", but let's not act like he doomed the league.

:doh: :doh: :doh: Resources like what? EA Madden player scores?? Seriously, You honestly believe being an evaluator of talent is something anyone can do?? I mean if everyone here does it so it, any moron can, right?

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Thank you. Of course, Whaley looks positively brilliant compared to his predecessor as Bill's GM.

Okay, serious question: is it your belief that human bodies are intended to crash full speed into each other in perpetuity?

File this under "he probably should've made a different choice of words", but let's not act like he doomed the league.

They wear a helmet and pads... If that isn't a sign that human bodies aren't intended to play football, idk what is.

No.....not anyone can replace Whaley in the job requirements to "find talent".....that is why there are only so many of these jobs in the the world. I know there are a lot of armchair qbs that THINK they could do it but trust me.....they wont be getting a call.

Show me a job description for NFL GM that says he must be a good public speaker. I will wait.

:doh: :doh: :doh: Resources like what? EA Madden player scores??

People seem to like our scouting staff yet don't give Whaley credit for building it. I don't get it. Doug brought Monos in and is responsible for building this staff.

Thank you. Of course, Whaley looks positively brilliant compared to his predecessor as Bill's GM.

Which predecessor would that be?

It's absolutely ridiculous that Doug Whaley had to issue a statement on this.

I give him credit for doing it....but it wont appease the people that are reaming him for this.

No.....not anyone can replace Whaley in the job requirements to "find talent".....that is why there are only so many of these jobs in the the world. I know there are a lot of armchair qbs that THINK they could do it but trust me.....they wont be getting a call.

Show me a job description for NFL GM that says he must be a good public speaker. I will wait.

Jeez, I thought it was limited by the number of teams in the NFL.

Shouldn't this be common sense??

The human body is not made to handle that kind of pounding on an every day basis year after year. Is there anyone in their right mind that would disagree with this comment? Pretty sure all the players in their 50s, 60s and 70s that can barely walk without use of a cane or walker, have mangled fingers, have had uncountable surgeries to replace knees, hips, etc, and can't pick up their grandkids would agree wholeheartedly...not to mention the ones dealing with concussion related issues and/or the ones who have taken their own lives due to the loss of their brain functioning...

And this doesn't even include all the weight training, conditioning, etc that goes on all year round now...

Doesn't anyone stop to wonder why so many non-contact ACL injuries keep occurring? Doesn't common sense tell you that a body part only has so much use built into it over its life before it gives out? You can only forcefully cut so many times on an ACL before it simply weakens to the point of breaking. 20 and 30 years ago when players actually had off-seasons, these non-contact ACL injuries were almost unheard of. Their body had enough time to rest and recover, which is not the case anymore. Is it any different than all these factory workers that end up with severe shoulder, wrist or carpal tunnel issues due to repeating the same motion every day over and over again?

Anyone arguing that humans somehow are "meant" to take this kind of abuse or repetitive trauma over and over again must have a screw loose somewhere. So now its a big deal simply because someone who works in a high position in the NFL comes out and tells the truth? Why? Because now it might open the NFL up for further lawsuits? I mean get over it...anyone with half a brain is going to come to the same conclusion pretty easily. People need to get off this "Political Correctness" bullcrap that is ruining the world. You can't say anything anymore without it "offending" someone in some way. These people need to get a life...they obviously don't have enough going on in theirs that they have time to worry so much about what is simply the truth.

Edited by matter2003

Shouldn't this be common sense??

The human body is not made to handle that kind of pounding on an every day basis year after year. Is there anyone in their right mind that would disagree with this comment? Pretty sure all the players in their 50s, 60s and 70s that can barely walk without use of a cane or walker, have mangled fingers, have had uncountable surgeries to replace knees, hips, etc, and can't pick up their grandkids would agree wholeheartedly...not to mention the ones dealing with concussion related issues and/or the ones who have taken their own lives due to the loss of their brain functioning...

And this doesn't even include all the weight training, conditioning, etc that goes on all year round now...

Doesn't anyone stop to wonder why so many non-contact ACL injuries keep occurring? Doesn't common sense tell you that a body part only has so much use built into it over its life before it gives out? You can only forcefully cut so many times on an ACL before it simply weakens to the point of breaking. 20 and 30 years ago when players actually had off-seasons, these non-contact ACL injuries were almost unheard of. Their body had enough time to rest and recover, which is not the case anymore. Is it any different than all these factory workers that end up with severe shoulder, wrist or carpal tunnel issues due to repeating the same motion every day over and over again?

People need to get off this "Political Correctness" bullcrap that is ruining the world. You can't say anything anymore without it "offending" someone in some way. These people need to get a life...they obviously don't have enough going on in theirs that they have time to worry so much about what is simply the truth.

Is that you Ben Carson??

Kidding aside, don't think this falls under political correctness. I think it's media and social media to a large extent taking someone's words out of context. I agree with that. Not sure who was "offended" by Doug's remarks or thought they were politically incorrect. Think we're confusing terms a bit here.

:doh: :doh: :doh: Resources like what? EA Madden player scores?? Seriously, You honestly believe being an evaluator of talent is something anyone can do?? I mean if everyone here does it so it, any moron can, right?

Matt Millen, Vinny Ceratto, Al Davis (from hell), Jerry Jones, Mike Tannenbaum, Idzik, Ray Farmer, Grigson, Mickey Loomis, etc... say "YES!"

You would be correct.....but it is still a limited number of positions

Uhh, ok.