Bills related Time Travel - What would you change?

Playing Flutie instead of Johnson against Tennesse. Flutie, just by the shear dynamic of his personality & drive, would have had

the Bills way further ahead at the end of the game than mope-along Johnson. Therefore, no "Miracle". We advance to the Superbowl

and with the Bills D at the time, Bills get their first SBW.

I believe it is the special on flutie on the tube. Wade said something along the lines. We should have started Flutie.,We would have won.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Besides wide right, I'm drafting Brady. That changes the last 15 years.

2nd place is prepping the team for the Titans lateral forward bs.

3rd is Aaron Rodgers

the team was prepped, they just screwed it up. And it a forward lateral.

For as deranged as this post is, it's spot on for this old timer who's earliest Bills memory was the sheer joy of my Dad and other neighbor guys swilling Schlitz beer and praising the Bills for stealing Jackie Kemp from Sid Gilman -who tried to pull him back from IR by passing waivers in the dead of the night, mid season '63.

Yes, it is Ralph who needs to be changed before it ever began. Without him, Saban, Knox, Polian & Butler stay, while Harvey Johnson, Stew Barber (after playing), John Rauch, Kay Stephenson, Hank Bullough & Tom Donahue never see a gray sky in WNY. This wouldn't guarantee success, but it'd be completely different.

I'd also go back to that one play when Sestak got his knee caved in. He'd be in the HOF now and we wouldn't have crashed so hard in '68.

But that's me. I already exist in the past..

Shlitz. that is time travel for sure. my Dad used to drink it and probably the first beer i ever stole from him !

The last was genny cream. He had figured out i hated it so bad i wouldn't take it even though he hated it too.

so just to prove him wrong i did !

Not sure who won that one ha ha!!

I have nothing to add here

Except i sure get a kick listening to Ye Olde Timers talk shop , really make this sight worthwhile !! :thumbsup:

Greatest positive impact on the franchise for many seasons?

Go way back and change owners.

Next best; draft Brady.

After that, fix wide right. Wide right gets us 1 Superbowl win; drafting Brady probably gets us many.

Playing Flutie instead of Johnson against Tennesse. Flutie, just by the shear dynamic of his personality & drive, would have had

the Bills way further ahead at the end of the game than mope-along Johnson. Therefore, no "Miracle". We advance to the Superbowl

Absolutley 100% wouldv'e played Flutie. :thumbsup:

I would also go back to 2011, and SQUASH the white helmet bid... We never did a damn thing in the white hats... Six playoff appearances in 20 years between 1960 and 1981... Two AFL championships '64, '65..

Compare that to 10 playoff appearances between '86 and 2000.... 5 consecutive AFC championship game appeareances, and 4 consecutive AFC championships... Let's go Buffalo! -BRING THE RED HATS BACK, BABY!

Day after the draft Shaq would have had his shoulder fixed. For more recent issues.

not going to change the course of the team.

RE the OP's scenario, I would not take Brady out at the combine, I would let the Patsame draft him... have him replace Bledsoe and win with him, have the Pats think they don't need Bledsoe, and then AFTER we trade for Bledsoe, THEN take out Brady. And I don't mean just a knee, he blew out a knee in 2008 and came back fine, and he's not mobile anyways, so he doesn't even need knees, but maybe mail him some of JPP's foreworks...?

Trade for Brady instead of Bledsoe

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

They should have fired Marv. He wasn't a great coach, he was a great mentor. Problem is, you can't win games with mentors; you need coaches.

:thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

and replace him with ...

Absolutley 100% wouldv'e played Flutie. :thumbsup:

I would also go back to 2011, and SQUASH the white helmet bid... We never did a damn thing in the white hats... Six playoff appearances in 20 years between 1960 and 1981... Two AFL championships '64, '65..

Compare that to 10 playoff appearances between '86 and 2000.... 5 consecutive AFC championship game appeareances, and 4 consecutive AFC championships... Let's go Buffalo! -BRING THE RED HATS BACK, BABY!

yes to the red hats!

Also take away all the those turnovers and we win two of those Superbowls

I would go back to the locker room at SB XXV and tell the damn team to just feed it to Thurman and forget the rest.

Oh yeah, and remind the defense to tackle.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Here's one topic that hasn't been touched, I might go back to June 11, 1994 and try to convince OJ that it was best to let Nicole go and to find peace inside himself.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Here's one topic that hasn't been touched, I might go back to June 11, 1994 and try to convince OJ that it was best to let Nicole go and to find peace inside himself.

thats just too deep for me.

can we please remain superficial here ?

Interest impetus for a thread Chevy : )

Everyone wants to go back and draft Brady but Brady wasn't Brady the first few years. The Pats won with great defenses. Brady would have fizzled out here and fans would have begged to trade for a veteran like Bledsoe. If you guys love Brady so much then go root for the Pats

Everyone wants to go back and draft Brady but Brady wasn't Brady the first few years. The Pats won with great defenses. Brady would have fizzled out here and fans would have begged to trade for a veteran like Bledsoe. If you guys love Brady so much then go root for the Pats

It's not Brady love driving that line of thinking. You're right had Brady come to Buffalo he probably never would have become Brady. The Bills would have ruined his career as they were wont to do with young QBs and Brady would never be an MVP or Super Bowl winner.

...But he also wouldn't be a Patriot, which means the Bills playoff drought never would reach the level it has now.

Besides wide right, I'm drafting Brady. That changes the last 15 years.

2nd place is prepping the team for the Titans lateral forward bs.

3rd is Aaron Rodgers

Why do people think Brady would have been successful on the Bills, when for 20 years they've shown a complete inability to develop a QB.

And they don't cheat.

Besides Wide Right, this would be the thing I would fix. That was such a brutally horrid decision. No telling if it would have changed the outcome of the game at hand, but I know that the Bills' Karma would be in much better shape today if Flutie had gotten the nod like he deserved.

Why do people think Brady would have been successful on the Bills, when for 20 years they've shown a complete inability to develop a QB.

And they don't cheat.

It's about him not becoming who he is. I hope they draft him, break him apart, and release him to flip burgers

Besides Wide Right, this would be the thing I would fix. That was such a brutally horrid decision. No telling if it would have changed the outcome of the game at hand, but I know that the Bills' Karma would be in much better shape today if Flutie had gotten the nod like he deserved.

Rob walked off the field a winner. Titans D got them to the super bowl. No telling that Flutie would have done better.

Remember, Flutie lost our playoff game against the Dolphins with his fumble.