Bills' 2016 Organized Team Activities - Week 3

Funny, from here it looks like you wrote "great" corner back play... Admittedly, I HATED the Darby pick... "Too high" I thought at the time.... I realize now I felt that way because of the Gilmore pick... He really wasn't worth geting where we grabbed him... By contrast, Darby has made his case for a big contract in ONE SEASON... I never thought we'd be that lucky with a corner... SO GLAD he's in our secondary.

I in no way am degrading the darby pick at all......only that we have the talent to create that "no fly zone" with what we have......without getting Gilmore under contract that breaks down a bit......probably forcing us to take a corner in the 1st round next year.

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I in no way am degrading the darby pick at all......only that we have the talent to create that "no fly zone" with what we have......without getting Gilmore under contract that breaks down a bit......probably forcing us to take a corner in the 1st round next year.

Guess I just don't consider Gilmore a "great" corner... From what I've seen, we'd almost be BETTER OFF taking one with a high pick next year... FSU seems to BREED stud DB's.

Somebody wake me when he starts missing mandatory activities. Thanks.

GO BILLS!!!

Gilmore is a diva?

:huh:

I don't know if he's a diva, but he's got a very high opinion of himself. Not necessarily a bad thing in a CB.

GO BILLS!!!

Guess I just don't consider Gilmore a "great" corner... From what I've seen, we'd almost be BETTER OFF taking one with a high pick next year... FSU seems to BREED stud DB's.

The people at FSU say the frosh Derwin James from last year is better that Jalen Ramsey, which is just crazy good. Amazing.

I just consider drafts to be real crapshoots........if you have good players you keep them.

Because we used so many D picks this year I would actually like to see players go towards the O next year....provided that the value meets the pick

Last year Darby got thrown in early because McKelvin was out. Who will see more action this year I wonder?

Part of the reason the kid deserves such high accolades... He just excels at this position...

This just makes my Darby woody that much harder. Whatever they decide to do with Gilmore I hope it doesn't make signing Darby an issue when the time comes. Overpay him at your own peril but please structure it to pave the way for a new deal for Darby when the time comes.

This just makes my Darby woody that much harder. Whatever they decide to do with Gilmore I hope it doesn't make signing Darby an issue when the time comes. Overpay him at your own peril but please structure it to pave the way for a new deal for Darby when the time comes.

You, sir, are quite the wordsmith.

Gilmore is a good, not great corner. He is not Patrick Peterson.......Looking back in Bills history , I see him as not unlike Nate Clements......who was a good, not great CB that the Bills let walk to SF. He never lived up to the big contract......makes me uncomfortable about paying Gilmore big time. We don't see the ints a premium CB should have, we don't see the year in year out duribility.......had a lot of lost games. Certainly not a big hitter.........still, the Packers said he was the "best CB they had seen all season" two years ago. I can't make the call, but getting him paid is OK.......just put a rip cord in the deal if he doesn't deliver (ala Kapernick)

Edited by bigK14094

Not a big fan of Gilmore. Always getting injured trying to make a tackle. Plays soft.

He's good, but not worth this extension.

Imo

Not sure how you can reconcile a CB known for stellar press-man coverage ability with being soft. It's incongruent.

GO BILLS!!!

Pretty sure his career did NOT predate Madonna's.

Got him confused with Deborah Harry, who success did, in fact, predate Madonna's... However, unlike Gilmore, Debbie was hotter than Madonna, and had a better voice... Just my humble opinion.

Not sure how you can reconcile a CB known for stellar press-man coverage ability with being soft. It's incongruent.

GO BILLS!!!

Stellar??? I dunno about that... He can press a little... But he gets BURNT over the top quite often... He's also not a great tackler, and I don't recall seeing him catch very many people from behind... For a guy taken 10th overall??? Don't think I'll miss him much at all.

Edited by #34fan

Got him confused with Deborah Harry, who success did, in fact, predate Madonna's... However, unlike Gilmore, Debbie was hotter than Madonna, and had a better voice... Just my humble opinion.

Stellar??? I dunno about that... He can press a little... But he gets BURNT over the top quite often... He's also not a great tackler, and I don't recall seeing him catch very many people from behind... For a guy taken 10th overall??? Don't think I'll miss him much at all.

How many times is "quite often"?

GO BILLS!!!