The Nattering Nabobs of Negativity

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Anyone who took marching orders from Ralph.

2. Anyone who was hired/promoted by anyone who took marching orders from Ralph.

The culture of suck will never be cleared away until all of these chumps and losers are gone. Pegs had a golden opportunity to start with a clean slate and he totally dropped the ball. I'll be happy to change my mind if they prove me wrong this year, but I'm not holding my breath waiting.

Other than them, I have no problem with anyone in the organization right now. I don't think he did a very good job last year, but I don't believe I've ever typed a bad word about Rex in here... unlike Ralph's trash, he has actually done something positive in this league. Never slammed Mario either. I think EJ is garbage, but I don't blame him, I blame Whaley for not cleaning up his mess & getting him off the team. I goofed on Hogan and Salas, but only because they are high-motor lunch-pail WR's, couldn't help it. I love Tyrod's potential (thanks Rex!) and look forward to seeing if he improves this year.

Call me crazy....but I think Salas is gonna be the WR suprise this upcoming year

Not pro bowl suprise but lets get him on the field as much as possible suprise

LOL

you are good Man John. just remember to be cool to others as you would have them be cool to you.

Im not jewish....:)

Call me crazy....but I think Salas is gonna be the WR suprise this upcoming year

Not pro bowl suprise but lets get him on the field as much as possible suprise

Im not jewish.... :)

But you can be hilarious :lol:

Lawson was drafted for a specific role in a specific defense. He is replacing a highly productive (albeit inconsistent) player who did not fit into that specific defense. If this specific defense does not perform this year, there is a high likelihood that it will be scrapped and a new coaching staff will be ushered in, potentially rendering Lawson a poor fit.

I've said it before, it continues to be my view that the Bills should've traded down from 19. We know Dallas was interested, other teams may have made offers as well. If you're going to take a medical risk, do it in Round 2, on a player with a tremendously high ceiling who can play in any scheme - that player is Miles Jack. The Bills used to use that approach and it scored them Sam Cowart and Thurman Thomas.

The Shaq Lawson pick, to my mind, was a shortsighted, bungled maneuver by a flailing regime on its dying gasps. Sorry if that sucks to hear.

Did you watch a lot of Clemson last season? If Lawson showed anything, it was the versatility to play in multiple fronts.

GO BILLS!!!

Lawson was drafted for a specific role in a specific defense. He is replacing a highly productive (albeit inconsistent) player who did not fit into that specific defense. If this specific defense does not perform this year, there is a high likelihood that it will be scrapped and a new coaching staff will be ushered in, potentially rendering Lawson a poor fit.

I've said it before, it continues to be my view that the Bills should've traded down from 19. We know Dallas was interested, other teams may have made offers as well. If you're going to take a medical risk, do it in Round 2, on a player with a tremendously high ceiling who can play in any scheme - that player is Miles Jack. The Bills used to use that approach and it scored them Sam Cowart and Thurman Thomas.

The Shaq Lawson pick, to my mind, was a shortsighted, bungled maneuver by a flailing regime on its dying gasps. Sorry if that sucks to hear.

And you say MY opinion is too black or white!

Can anyone say for sure that after surgery he will not be able to play at a high level? Can anyone say for sure that he will? Taking a talent projected to be a 1st round talent in the 2nd round in Raglan will go a long way to minimizing the affect of the Shaq injury if he plays as projected IMO. Shaq being injured or any other player getting injured before or during the season is all a part of the game. When Shaq gets back we get to see what kind of player he is, until then its TBD, two bills drive

1. Anyone who took marching orders from Ralph.

2. Anyone who was hired/promoted by anyone who took marching orders from Ralph.

The culture of suck will never be cleared away until all of these chumps and losers are gone. Pegs had a golden opportunity to start with a clean slate and he totally dropped the ball. I'll be happy to change my mind if they prove me wrong this year, but I'm not holding my breath waiting.

Other than them, I have no problem with anyone in the organization right now. I don't think he did a very good job last year, but I don't believe I've ever typed a bad word about Rex in here... unlike Ralph's trash, he has actually done something positive in this league. Never slammed Mario either. I think EJ is garbage, but I don't blame him, I blame Whaley for not cleaning up his mess & getting him off the team. I goofed on Hogan and Salas, but only because they are high-motor lunch-pail WR's, couldn't help it. I love Tyrod's potential (thanks Rex!) and look forward to seeing if he improves this year.

Good post, Rico! Not that you need or want my approval; I just don't often agree with your perspective but I think this is pretty spot on. Edited by eball

Here's a PSA, I just read an article by Tyler Dunne and it was kind of negative. Let's add him to The List. It appears that Bucky & Sully got to him. I don't want to link it and give them any more traffic, but it's titled "The day after: Questions about Shaq, rest a must for Sammy" so you know to avoid it.

Let's send a message to these hacks that they can't get away with portraying negative events in a negative light.

I listened to that call on wgr too! I'm surprised whaley wanted to wait to use Shaq until late October....

Huge risk on his part and the team.

I have a different take on the call to WGR. The person (an older person) who had the same type of injury made the point that the surgery is very likely to correct the issue with no lingering problems. I'm well aware that any type of surgery has its risks but the success rate is very high.

It must be remembered that everyone was well aware of his shoulder issues. It was not a secret. He played with the injury throughout the year and still played well. And it also has to be remembered that it was known that eventually the shoulder had to be operated on. So it was done sooner rather than later.

This isn't a situation where Whaley went rogue and tossed the dice with long shot odds. He knew what his health status was in advance and he had the ability to talk with the medical staff about the procedure and the odds for a successful outcome prior to selecting him. There is no doubt that Whaley would have preferred to have had the surgery done after the season but it didn't work out they way for him.

It doesn't matter who you draft. There are no guarantees. If you are going to take a risk on a player then do it for a talented player. That's what he did here.

Did you watch a lot of Clemson last season? If Lawson showed anything, it was the versatility to play in multiple fronts.

GO BILLS!!!

Not to mention the fact that if you are drafting players for a scheme other than the one your defenseive coordinator/HC runs, you're a terrible GM.

Not to mention the fact that if you are drafting players for a scheme other than the one your defenseive coordinator/HC runs, you're a terrible GM.

IMO, players always trump scheme and I think the theme of drafting players to fit schemes is over done anyway. For instance, Pete Carroll uses personnel in his D that would normally be best suited for 34 concepts and has no problem using them in his 43 fronts. He places the premium on athletic "football" players. It really makes little sense to do anything else.

GO BILLS!!!

Um ... I hope people realize that if the Bills have a losing season, both Whaley and Ryan will be gone. Regardless of whether Lawson turns out to be a good player, the fact that he'll be a complete nonentity this year (which he will be, given that he'll miss camp and a significant chunk of the season) is very important for the coach and the GM. They don't have the security to worry about and plan for 2017 and 2018. They have to win now. Losing their #1 pick for this season is therefore a really bad thing for them. My gut tells me that Ryan had a LOT to do with this pick, by the way. As we know, this is a guy fueled by emotion--the anti-Belichick.

Anyway, people talking about the long-term outlook for Lawson are missing a really basic point. If he's good 2-3 years down the road, it'll be meaningless for the coach and GM if the Bills don't win this season. And to that end, it's not looking good. They have a far more difficult schedule coming up, and personnel wise they're worse than they were last season (and the roster is very average relative to the rest of the league anyway). Their coach isn't very good either, although they have a very capable OC. I see 8-8 as a ceiling, with 5-7 wins far more likely. That said, I'm hoping for 11-5 / 12-4. But that's with my fan hat on. If my pessimism is borne out, some other coach and GM will enjoy the fruits of Lawson's career.

Well put.

And in the likelihood that Rex is gone are Shaq and Ragnuts scheme versatile enough to be impact players in whatever new system gets implemented or do theirs become positions of NEED again?

People singing Whaley's praises really need to ask whether he is actually building toward long term success or just trying to patch holes.

How is drafting Torrel Troupe to fill a glaring need in round 2 under Nix any different than drafting Cyrus Kouandjio to fill a glaring need in round 2 under Whaley?

The difference between the two is not very evident, IMO.

Their approach is remarkably similar........and not surprising because Whaley was hired with the understanding that he was being groomed to succeed Nix and subsequently had a lot of influence in each draft since he arrived.

I want to like Whaley but there is a difference between making some mistakes and just being an inconsistent decision maker.

Responding to one who is most definitely anything but classy and civil.

This is hilarious.

The linky dude blocked me months ago after he snapped in some PM's in response to my :lol::lol: :lol:'s at his WWF-esque threats of violence.

Totally lost his sh*t. :lol:

And even though I am blocked he just....can't....stay....away.

I had a thought......is he unblocking me to read my posts?..........brrrrrrrrrr...........creepy. :lol:

Fun hiding behind a keyboard, isn't it? Shame on you. Keep bloating your own ego.

What you did to emoulds may be the very definition of hiding behind a keyboard.

Rather than trying to explain how you were right in some alternate universe........the correct play is to just pretend it never happened and not do it again.

I think you have no support.......even from the apologist crowd.

People come here for info and that kind of behavior hurts the cause.

Here's a PSA, I just read an article by Tyler Dunne and it was kind of negative. Let's add him to The List. It appears that Bucky & Sully got to him. I don't want to link it and give them any more traffic, but it's titled "The day after: Questions about Shaq, rest a must for Sammy" so you know to avoid it.

Let's send a message to these hacks that they can't get away with portraying negative events in a negative light.

TSW is becoming a lot like these college campuses where students demand safe zones because they feel "threatened."

Rather than students it's a select group of posters who shout down anyone that dares express an opinion contrary to pro-team view. And if that doesn't work, to ridicule despite never having debated the merits of the opinion they disagree with. The objective seems only to suppress those opinions that in any way call into question the team, one that has shown no success recently.

What's hilarious is that there are actual Bills fans who can't imagine why the team would get criticism. Kinda like those students who expected to be able to throw temper tantrums and get everything they demanded. :lol:

TSW is becoming a lot like these college campuses where students demand safe zones because they feel "threatened."

Rather than students it's a select group of posters who shout down anyone that dares express an opinion contrary to pro-team view. And if that doesn't work, to ridicule despite never having debated the merits of the opinion they disagree with. The objective seems only to suppress those opinions that in any way call into question the team, one that has shown no success recently.

What's hilarious is that there are actual Bills fans who can't imagine why the team would get criticism. Kinda like those students who expected to be able to throw temper tantrums and get everything they demanded. :lol:

I don't need a safe zone at all. But I'll confirm that like some here I am kinda sick of reading the same posts from you, Baldol and Scotty over and over and over and over and over.

Good post, Rico! Not that you need or want my approval; I just don't often agree with your perspective but I think this is pretty spot on.

Well thanks eball, that's very genteel of you.

This is hilarious.

The linky dude blocked me months ago after he snapped in some PM's in response to my :lol::lol: :lol:'s at his WWF-esque threats of violence.

Totally lost his sh*t. :lol:

And even though I am blocked he just....can't....stay....away.

I had a thought......is he unblocking me to read my posts?..........brrrrrrrrrr...........creepy. :lol:

What a looney tune..... not surprised at all. I had a stalker on here like that years ago, but he doesn't post anymore, I think he's in jail. May you have the same luck I did.

I don't need a safe zone at all. But I'll confirm that like some here I am kinda sick of reading the same posts from you, Baldol and Scotty over and over and over and over and over.

Trust me, you need a safe zone from anyone critical of this organization. :lol:

It's a message board and whether you realize it or not, not everyone's going to agree with you. Deal with it.