The Nattering Nabobs of Negativity

why do I need to answer a question that is clearly true? What will you then say?

"He coached a two time AFC championship contender?". That's like 3rd or 4th place. Ricky Bobby's dad has said itbest . If you're not first you're last.

OK....so we have established that while last year was only a average season.....there is a precedence in the past that shows that he may NOT be a complete bumbling idiot.....because a complete bumbling idiot would not get one game away from the Super Bowl not once.....but in consecutive years. This is not even a "a squirrel finds a nut every once in a while because he did it TWICE in consecutive years......so.....bumbling idiot? No Rex Ryan is not a bumbling idiot.

we established that his accolades a generation ago in the nfl prove he was competent then. and yes, he could easily get one game away from the super bowl, it happened. your ... reminds me of a child writing an essay due to lack of ability to actually structure anything. rex ryan is not a babbling moron because 500 years ago he did something good for two years with a tremendous amount of talent? ok, doesn't mean anything to today.

Also.....while last year did happen....we can now establish that having bad defense really isnt the norm for Rex Ryan.....because you dont want to delve into it to much because it hurts your arguement.....Rex Ryan actually DOES know how to coach defense.

how can we establish that? and can you learn to spell argument, that hurt my eyes.

we can delve in to it and i discuss how ryans rush the middle defense is no longer a successful idea in the nfl as the offenses have opened up and there are too many options at wr downfield and in the middle. not only that the athletic factor of todays nfl linebackers is at one of the lowest points ever. and they're limited in what they can do. 20 years ago they could mug releasing backfielders. today they can't.

rex ryan knew how to coach defense.

Further. You tell me to jot worry about last year because it was last year and behind us but try to use the idea that 4-5 yrs ago matters because then it fits your agenda?

I did not say not to worry about last year.....the way a top 5 defense fell 20 spots is really bothersome to everyone HOWEVER it was in fact year one of a pretty large overhaul of the team from ownership down......there is no agenda to say that it was year 1 that is just a fact. Patience is required here.

wannstadt had one year and failed so george edwards took over and still failed.

next year pettine comes in, maaaaaaaajor overhaul just like rex. and succeeded. especially when there was a ton of doubt saying he was just rex's puppet.

then schwartz comes in, spreads the d out and everyone trembles because its entirely different. he not only succeeds but he supercedes the previous year!

rex comes in and gets B word slapped by the entire league - in the division he coached against showing absolutely no ability to do a damn thing with the talent he had.

Your logic is absurd. Please, debate Tiberius because you'll stand a better chance

I laugh that you question my logic when yours is so knee jerk and short sighted.

keep the glasses on, keep playing those feel good hits from the 2010 and 2011 years. i'm glad you laugh. i'm done debating you because you are no where near the football mind needed to take such an argument to a level that actual discussion could be made on why the reality is a negative outlook in 2016.

MMMMMMKKKKKKK?

for ***** and giggles because i laugh at the pretend know it alls. explain to me the difference between cover 3 and cover 2 when using a wide 9 defense. bet you can't. because you clearly don't know football.

i'm done with you. you're like a cat toy that is broken and just wiggling on the last little bit of juice in the battery. its...sad.

The fact that you agreed with me makes me nervous (just kidding)

And I think its also hard to argue that whatever Rex did with this team last year squandered chances with LAST years team.

The good news? its a new year. We have a starting QB identified. And we can at least hope that this years D crew buy into the D that Rex has successfully used in the past.

keep living like it's 2010. keep drinking the kool.

carry on and have fun. rex ryan was successful in 2010, so was train, achieving the number 3 song of the year. maybe both will be #1 this year!

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why do I need to answer a question that is clearly true? What will you then say?

"He coached a two time AFC championship contender?". That's like 3rd or 4th place. Ricky Bobby's dad has said itbest . If you're not first you're last.

OK....so we have established that while last year was only a average season.....there is a precedence in the past that shows that he may NOT be a complete bumbling idiot.....because a complete bumbling idiot would not get one game away from the Super Bowl not once.....but in consecutive years. This is not even a "a squirrel finds a nut every once in a while because he did it TWICE in consecutive years......so.....bumbling idiot? No Rex Ryan is not a bumbling idiot.

we established that his accolades a generation ago in the nfl prove he was competent then. and yes, he could easily get one game away from the super bowl, it happened. your ... reminds me of a child writing an essay due to lack of ability to actually structure anything. rex ryan is not a babbling moron because 500 years ago he did something good for two years with a tremendous amount of talent? ok, doesn't mean anything to today.

Poor jboyst.....it really is too bad that you cannot carry a conversation with the insults. it shows you know your really having a hard time confidently proving your point (and whining isnt proving a point....its just whining). If someone is a bumbling idiot they wont have success regardless of it was last week, last month, last year, or 10 years ago.....or do you dissagree and he is just a bumbling idiot in a certain year span....maybe he bumped his head after the 2 AFC Champsionships and became a bumbling idiot? or? The other idea is that he is not a bumbling idiot...the situation with the jets turned sour over time......there was two much GM/HC drama.....etc etc? That is just as plausible of a possiblity of him "suddenly turning into a bumbling idiot"

Also.....while last year did happen....we can now establish that having bad defense really isnt the norm for Rex Ryan.....because you dont want to delve into it to much because it hurts your arguement.....Rex Ryan actually DOES know how to coach defense.

how can we establish that? and can you learn to spell argument, that hurt my eyes.

More insults aside.....we can establish that RR can coach defense because he HAS COACHED TOP TEN DEFENSES......does any more establishment need to be done past that? Hes done it.....

we can delve in to it and i discuss how ryans rush the middle defense is no longer a successful idea in the nfl as the offenses have opened up and there are too many options at wr downfield and in the middle. not only that the athletic factor of todays nfl linebackers is at one of the lowest points ever. and they're limited in what they can do. 20 years ago they could mug releasing backfielders. today they can't.

Every NFL defense rushes the middle because QBs hate up the middle pressure.....especially our arch enemy Tom Brady. That is not even what RR's defense is about which is why you cant argue the point....RR defenses are about deception......forcing a QB to decide where the rush is actually going to come from.....putting the O in 3rd and long situations with strong run D (which is why Rex is looking for his David Harris clone) and forcing the QB to figure out where he is gonna get hit from...that is why he drops D linemen into short zone coverage. I dont expect you to know the schemes in and out but if your gonna pretend like you even know what RR is doing you should at least be a little more informed while you are complaining. Middle pressure STILL is a need on a NFL D......

rex ryan knew how to coach defense.

Further. You tell me to jot worry about last year because it was last year and behind us but try to use the idea that 4-5 yrs ago matters because then it fits your agenda?

I did not say not to worry about last year.....the way a top 5 defense fell 20 spots is really bothersome to everyone HOWEVER it was in fact year one of a pretty large overhaul of the team from ownership down......there is no agenda to say that it was year 1 that is just a fact. Patience is required here.

wannstadt had one year and failed so george edwards took over and still failed.

next year pettine comes in, maaaaaaaajor overhaul just like rex. and succeeded. especially when there was a ton of doubt saying he was just rex's puppet.

then schwartz comes in, spreads the d out and everyone trembles because its entirely different. he not only succeeds but he supercedes the previous year!

rex comes in and gets B word slapped by the entire league - in the division he coached against showing absolutely no ability to do a damn thing with the talent he had.

Pettine did not have the huge successful year you are making this out to be......we were great on sacks......but couldnt stop anyone against the run which ended up killing us. RR expects his defenses to defend against the run (hence his run stop D ratings over the years) the sack totals got Pettine a HC gig which he is failing at......

Your logic is absurd. Please, debate Tiberius because you'll stand a better chance

jboyst your logic has no logic....your crying about one year as it that is the way it will be the following year no matter what. To me THAT is absurd. Sometimes teams just need time to be able to process the new defense....it happens.

I laugh that you question my logic when yours is so knee jerk and short sighted.

keep the glasses on, keep playing those feel good hits from the 2010 and 2011 years. i'm glad you laugh. i'm done debating you because you are no where near the football mind needed to take such an argument to a level that actual discussion could be made on why the reality is a negative outlook in 2016.

I actually do love the feel good hits of those years......your not debating me because you cant really debate me. You cannot debate when you choose to look at only what you want to you have to process ALL of the data for the arguement. RR has been to two consecutive AFC Championship games which means he is not a football idiot......and he has had several 10 top defenses over the years which means he also knows how to coach defense. His schemes hurt our defensive rankings last year and we will see if that improves this year.

MMMMMMKKKKKKK?

for ***** and giggles because i laugh at the pretend know it alls. explain to me the difference between cover 3 and cover 2 when using a wide 9 defense. bet you can't. because you clearly don't know football.

"for ***** and giggles because i laugh at the pretend know it alls" Pot meet Kettle

(and I can full well explain those defense.....but hey...you start since of course you know it all?)

And then what happened?

WEO.....Im not exactly sure.

but that wasnt really my point

Almost feels like...

The Cleveland Browns...

I just made myself feel bad.

Careful with the Cleveland jokes. They are on the cusp of a major professional championship in the NBA. Then they will have a champion in the modern era and Buffalo will not.

I love how you start a thread about the nattering nabob of negativity by being a nattering nabob of negativity.

Deep, man. Very deep.

Exactly. LOL!

It didn't work for Spiro Agnew and it's not working still.

One of the benefits of being an ex-pat WNYer is that you can see things more clearly. Living inside the bubble of local media can cloud your thinking. Criticism (or negativity if you like) can be useful if justified.

The endless drone of fans who find no fault in anything managers or coaches or players do is just as useless and abrasive as fans who can only find negatives. Sometimes both credit and blame are deserved.

I think real fans can express themselves either way. It doesn't mean you're not a Bills fan if, for example, you think the Bills hired a douche bag head coach and his idiot twin brother. Somebody will always be irritated regardless.

Agnew thought Viet Nam was a good idea. Oh, those nattering nabobs!!!

Careful with the Cleveland jokes. They are on the cusp of a major professional championship in the NBA. Then they will have a champion in the modern era and Buffalo will not.

they'll never win it. lebron james is the nba version of cameron newton.

The warriors play the ultimate team game.....makes them very tough to beat

Oh I agree, that picture was for the Cam hater in chief. Who said the Cavs couldn't win because of LeBron. Now he's making excuses for why they won. :lol:

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Its pathetic some view the positive outlook some have of the reality of the situation as negative.

Rex Ryan is as head coach what we hoped wandstadt would be. Rex and rob Ryan could not even match suits to wade Phillips or dick lebeau or any actual defensive mind. He is the rich kotite of the modern era.

I've really come to appreciate Wade Phillips. Wherever he goes as a DC he done a superb job. He has a preferred scheme but he smartly tweaks it to take advantage of the players he has on hand. He is the epitome of substance over style.

I've really come to appreciate Wade Phillips. Wherever he goes as a DC he done a superb job. He has a preferred scheme but he smartly tweaks it to take advantage of the players he has on hand. He is the epitome of substance over style.

he still has a home in Hamburg. What would it take to get him back? new ownership & all.

maybe the tension is gone? That's on the wild, crazy assumption that Rex possibly doesn't get it done.

he still has a home in Hamburg. What would it take to get him back? new ownership & all.

maybe the tension is gone? That's on the wild, crazy assumption that Rex possibly doesn't get it done.

I'm surprised that he still owes a home in Hamburg. Does he ever come back or is it just investment property?

exactly. i thought rex could do that very thing.

i may be putting phillips as one of the best DC's of all time. lebeau was and is amazing with his innovations. even wannstadt was a good dc - very good dc, actually. but time passes many by...phillips it did not. why? because he stuck to basics. he stuck to football.

i loved watchign every bit of super bowl coverage on the broncos D. everyone praising it in the media, nfl matchup etc. than taking a giant poo on it saying that the carolian offense would rip them apart. it was literally "this defense can stop anything. they get to the ball every way, they are going to get to the qb this way that way and all ways. but cam newton and the panthers will light them up." "the denver defense is among the best ever at getting to the qb and causing disruption to the offense. they can make things look very confusing to qbs who do nto do well under pressure and do not know what to expect. look at this pass rush, just 4 guys base defense... but cam newton will fart bolts of lightning and clap thunder from his arse to blow by all of them."

Oh I agree, that picture was for the Cam hater in chief. Who said the Cavs couldn't win because of LeBron. Now he's making excuses for why they won. :lol:

and for the record, i like irving and the way the cavs play ball sans lebron. he makes them a better team, but the way his teammates support each other and not just him - it's great. the pistons did it with the badboys. it was not about the all stars, not about isiah thomas or lambeer or dumars. it was about all of them and it came down to rodman being a key part. off the bench the team just attacked.

if the cavs could just get more physcal they'd dominate. but they won't. they won't win.

I'm surprised that he still owes a home in Hamburg. Does he ever come back or is it just investment property?

When he was unemployed a couple years back he had Bills season tickets in a club. i think he still has some close friends in the area.

remember the pic of him on a cellphone at a Bills game? i think he was just Bs'ing with a friend. Rumors were flying if I remember correctly.