The Nattering Nabobs of Negativity

If I ever get in trouble, I want you as my lawyer. :lol: I'll leave it at that.

The concept of ME being a bully on TSW is priceless. :lol:

When do you see me jump on a new poster or personally attack someone I don't know or haven't been engaged in conversation with regarding their positive or negative take?

Never.

When do you do things like that?

All the time.

That's why we had our run in........you don't know me, I wasn't talking to you and yet you decided to take a personal shot at me.

You didn't like me telling you to be more constructive with your feedback.........and perhaps have an actual take once in a while instead of just linking and snarking.

But it's not about you specifically......you will tire of spending your life trying to beat a dozen other people on this board to links to Bills related content every waking hour of the day..........we appreciate the work you linkers put in but when you stop doing it, someone else will do it.

Because the ONLY other thing you do is snark people.......the quality of content on the board that you think you provide so much content to will not change one bit.

It's about being open to and promoting discussion.

I respond to this here because you mention the law.........I was involved in a case once where my side was the wronged party and after we threatened a lawsuit to get them to resolve the matter......the opposition then initiated a lawsuit and claimed that we had done to them what they had done to us......they did so publicly and to the court........they spent over $1M in legal fees keeping it out of court and we spent a measly $20K watching the sh*t show run it's course and within an hour in front of a judge we had a 100% judgement. Their attorneys claimed they had never heard the side of the story that they tried to tell in court. :lol:

Sound familiar? #BADOL is a bully? Really? Are you and eball and PTR defenseless newbies?

You just don't like getting a dose of what you dish out to people you think aren't worthy of posting on TSW.

Point of the legal story is that regardless of how you try to spin it eventually the truth comes out.

I can put zippers up and down you and a few other ACTUAL bullies on this board and receive no punishment because the owner and most of the moderators know that you guys are d-bags..........or as I hear in my PM's.....low hanging fruit.

And even though that is the case.......I make a point not to let you guys attack/shoutdown new posters and those expressing frustration with the franchise........because they have a RIGHT to be disappointed with the product.

It's a product. It's been a sh*tty product.

And you can say........well, then don't buy it.........but being a monopolized product, the other local options are somewhat limited.

We get what we are given........but we don't have to smile and eat it.

It's OK for fans to not be ok with losing and the people who make it happen.

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they'll never win it. lebron james is the nba version of cameron newton.

One-Set-3-PCS-2006-2012-2013-font-b-Miam

look at his teammates.

they were more important to the team than he was. he's extremely good, but there was too much talent to not win even more in miami.

The warriors play the ultimate team game.....makes them very tough to beat

Great, now you're arguing about basketball on a football board. You folks are really acting like children.

The leading Nabob- Jerry Sullivan- apparently did an interview on CBS radio - his glowing assessments of Rex and the Lawson deal are exactly what a nattering nabob of negativity is-

Jerry could see a rainbow over the Falls and would B word about the mist-

http://da.radio.cbssports.com/2016/05/20/buffalo-news-writer-rex-ryan-isnt-that-smart/

Careful with the Cleveland jokes. They are on the cusp of a major professional championship in the NBA. Then they will have a champion in the modern era and Buffalo will not.

Talking football here... no one cares about Basketball.

Why? Rico has been a valuable contributor to this board for years and years. He just contributes differently than you do. I appreciate the links you post, but if everyone posted like you, it would be a very dull place. Variety is the spice of life, and just because someone can be overly snarky at times (Badol), it doesn't mean he's a bad poster or some sort of bully. He's not. He's a much better (and funnier) poster than you give him credit for, and I think that's because you don't like him personally. That's your choice, which is fine, but over the years he has been more right than not. Plus he really is knowledgeable. He can be wrong at times too--his take on McCoy is highly debatable to say the least, and he was really, really wrong about Rob Johnson. That said, the debate he started on McCoy is FUN (at least for me) and there is at least a hint of truth in his position. Also, your recent series of posts in this thread should suggest to you that civility is a two-way street--"feeble mind"? "Zero and a lightweight"? Physician, heal thyself.

The bottom line: it takes all kinds, and this place is better when there's a highly differentiated group of knowledgeable posters, some of whom like to mix it up. Most boards suck. This one doesn't, largely because of the old-timer presence. Some are cranky, but whatever -- I can easily deal with that.

Anyway, this whole thread is now less about negativity toward the Bills than negativity about other posters (and I'm including those directing stupid insults toward you). It's probably worth closing.

It is funny that I am viewed by many as a negative poster. B-)

But not as funny as the idea that I might care. And I know that I can get along better with the board bullies if I express my opinion in a kindler, gentler manner and just let them do what they do. But I just don't care what they think. :lol:

Take for instance the Shaq thread........I said the pick was uninspired.......I didn't call out any fans who thought otherwise........I just gave MY opinion...........and I got a bunch of personal attacks........so the question is why exactly do I have to be more diplomatic about it if I am not attacking other posters?

The answer is that I shouldn't have to be.

This is a hobby, it's supposed to be fun and entertaining........it's not politics.

I know you disagree about Shady........but that's ok......it will play out......maybe like times I've been wrong.......but far more likely dead-nutz-on like Fitz and Stevie and CJ Spiller and other "highly controversial" takes I've had that are now so accepted as fact that it seems that it must have been obvious all along. :flirt:

Here is part of what Beerball edited out:

The concept of ME being a bully on TSW is ridiculous.

When do you see me jump on a new poster or personally attack someone I don't know or haven't been engaged in conversation with regarding their positive or negative take?

Never.

All the time.

That's why we had our run in........you don't know me, I wasn't talking to you and yet you decided to take a personal shot at me and didn't like it when I suggested you be more constructive with your feedback and perhaps post an opinion instead of just links and snarky replies.

But it's not about you......you will tire of spending your life trying to beat 100 other people on this board to links to Bills related content 18 hours a day and someone will immediately replace what you bring to the board......you's come and go.

It's about being open to discussion.....which you aren't.

I respond to this here because you mention the law.........I was involved in a case once where my side was the wronged party and after we threatened a lawsuit to get them to resolve the matter......the opposition then initiated a lawsuit and claimed that we had done to them what they had done to us......they did so publicly and to the court........they spent over $1M in legal fees keeping it out of court and we spent a measly $20K watching the sh*t show run it's course and within an hour in front of a judge we had a 100% judgement. Their attorneys claimed they had never heard the side of the story that they tried to tell in court. :lol:

Sound familiar? #BADOL is a bully.

Point is.......the truth comes out.

I can put zippers up and down you and a few other ACTUAL bullies on this board because the owner and most of the moderators know that you guys are d-bags..........or as I hear in my PM's.....low hanging fruit.

And even though that is the case.......I make a point not to let you guys attack/shoutdown new posters and those expressing frustration with the franchise........because they have a RIGHT to be disappointed with the product.

It's a product. A sh*tty product.

And you can say........well then don't buy it.........but if that happened, you wouldn't have a team.

And btw Beerball......if you allow a thread like this to be created then what is your purpose here?

It can only progress one way.........so knowing that.....if you aren't going to let it run it's course.......then why even allow it to start?

Here is a suggestion.........when an actual football/Bills opinion is posted and someone just jumps on them with an insult without even offering a football take in response....delete it.

That is easily the biggest weakness of this board.........and discourages A LOT of people from being involved in the discussion.

And because you guys condone it others join in because they think it's the thing to do.

I even saw Kirby do it in a recent thread.........if you want the quality of discussion to improve that is the first thing that has to go.

Edited by #BADOL

Two things from the last 3 pages of nonsense....

1. Wade Phillips would come back. Asked him myself (admittedly when he was out of work after leaving the Texans) and he was complimentary of Buffalo and basically said there are only 32 NFL teams and any coach would be mad to rule out a single one of them. I believe his answer was sincere.

2. Someone said up thread that John Harbaugh couldn't win another Superbowl. Really?? He is the best coach in the league after you know who for me. He was without his QB, his RB, his two top WRs, his defensive leader, his LT and a host of other starters for most of last year and lost one game by more than a single score. It was a feat of coaching. If there is a problem in Baltimore at the moment it is that Ozzie's attempts to re-tool the defense have been less than successful. If they finish below .500 again and move on from Harbaugh then the Pegulas should move heaven and earth to bring him here.

It's about being open to and promoting discussion.

Yes, yes and yes!!!!! The above is what this board is about, and I believe why it was established.

Sorry if it is boring, but I have a story of my own to tell:

When the Bills signed Shady, I looked at his age and stats and it sure sounded like a good move! I was happy :). Then, I read the opinions of some on this board. It was pointed out that his stats were declining, he was (as we all are) getting on in terms of wear and tear, and Whaley threw millions of (cap) dollars at him for little to no reason. As a Bills Fan who is fully accustomed to despair, my elation soon faded and I was yet again dismayed. What a surprise! :)

Now, does the above scenario make me a fanboy or a negative nancy? Or perhaps just a person willing to consider the views of others?

As time went on, it was clear that Shady had talent, but also flaws in his game. Additionally, the pass happy NFL defenses appear to be getting smaller, thus creating better opportunities for bigger backs such as Karlos, and hopefully the kid we drafted.

Then, Shady goes to a club and gets jammed up. But wouldn't you know? The cops were a bunch of scumbags; Shady is a nice guy and was a victim. :) In reality, it shouldn't matter if the cops WERE scumbags. McCoy got himself jammed up! And there is ZERO reason not to suspect he will have some sort of a repeat performance. I'm going to go out on a limb here and tell you that this is how life works. I have seen it over and over, thousands of times.

My point? It's ok to change ones mind. Otherwise, why talk to each other? We could just play tapes of things we said 10 years ago!!! :)

And Badol, time will tell wrt Whaley. Everybody loves him now because Darby is "good." :) And hey, Darby is VERY good. In fact, he is one of my all time favorite draft picks EVER by the Bills! Imagine, getting a top corner NOT in round 1? Who ever thought..... :)

Sorry to ramble but yes, it's about dialogue. Many good friendships have been formed by the dialogue here.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, yes and yes!!!!! The above is what this board is about, and I believe why it was established.

Sorry if it is boring, but I have a story of my own to tell:

When the Bills signed Shady, I looked at his age and stats and it sure sounded like a good move! I was happy :). Then, I read the opinions of some on this board. It was pointed out that his stats were declining, he was (as we all are) getting on in terms of wear and tear, and Whaley threw millions of (cap) dollars at him for little to no reason. As a Bills Fan who is fully accustomed to despair, my elation soon faded and I was yet again dismayed. What a surprise! :)

Now, does the above scenario make me a fanboy or a negative nancy? Or perhaps just a person willing to consider the views of others?

As time went on, it was clear that Shady had talent, but also flaws in his game. Additionally, the pass happy NFL defenses appear to be getting smaller, thus creating better opportunities for bigger backs such as Karlos, and hopefully the kid we drafted.

Then, Shady goes to a club and gets jammed up. But wouldn't you know? The cops were a bunch of scumbags; Shady is a nice guy and was a victim. :) In reality, it shouldn't matter if the cops WERE scumbags. McCoy got himself jammed up! And there is ZERO reason not to suspect he will have some sort of a repeat performance. I'm going to go out on a limb here and tell you that this is how life works. I have seen it over and over, thousands of times.

My point? It's ok to change ones mind. Otherwise, why talk to each other? We could just play tapes of things we said 10 years ago!!! :)

And Badol, time will tell wrt Whaley. Everybody loves him now because Darby is "good." :) And hey, Darby is VERY good. In fact, he is one of my all time favorite draft picks EVER by the Bills! Imagine, getting a top corner NOT in round 1? Who ever thought..... :)

Sorry to ramble but yes, it's about dialogue. Many good friendships have been formed by the dialogue here.

I learn things about the Bills here from posters all the time.........that's a great part of TSW.

There just always seems to be a group that thinks it's up to them to decide who can post an opinion........and that scares away lurkers who might have good takes.

And I mean.......if you are emoulds........you've shared dead-on info here and if the next time you post something you are likely to hear a "congratulations on being the bearer of bad news" BS.......why share?

And yeah a lot of great friendships are formed on this board and I am not closed to being friends with any of these folks that I go back and forth with..........but they gotta' let people express themselves here.

Otherwise we end up with a circle jerk of bullies and the discussions get nowhere.

The McCoy discussion has been contentious at times but what he offers has really been fleshed out in far greater detail than the felating he sometimes gets from the national media more for being a celebrity than the actual, dynamic take-it-to-the-house from anywhere at anytime back that he truly isn't

Now if some of us relented at the first sign of personal attacks for our opinions........it wouldn't have progressed.......because that is often the first response to a negative viewpoint here.

But not as funny as the idea that I might care. And I know that I can get along better with the board bullies if I express my opinion in a kindler, gentler manner and just let them do what they do. But I just don't care what they think. :lol:

Take for instance the Shaq thread........I said the pick was uninspired.......I didn't call out any fans who thought otherwise........I just gave MY opinion...........and I got a bunch of personal attacks........so the question is why exactly do I have to be more diplomatic about it if I am not attacking other posters?

The answer is that I shouldn't have to be.

This is a hobby, it's supposed to be fun and entertaining........it's not politics.

I know you disagree about Shady........but that's ok......it will play out......maybe like times I've been wrong.......but far more likely dead-nutz-on like Fitz and Stevie and CJ Spiller and other "highly controversial" takes I've had that are now so accepted as fact that it seems that it must have been obvious all along. :flirt:

Here is part of what Beerball edited out:

The concept of ME being a bully on TSW is ridiculous.

Never.

All the time.

That's why we had our run in........you don't know me, I wasn't talking to you and yet you decided to take a personal shot at me and didn't like it when I suggested you be more constructive with your feedback and perhaps post an opinion instead of just links and snarky replies.

But it's not about you......you will tire of spending your life trying to beat 100 other people on this board to links to Bills related content 18 hours a day and someone will immediately replace what you bring to the board......you's come and go.

It's about being open to discussion.....which you aren't.

Sound familiar? #BADOL is a bully.

Point is.......the truth comes out.

I can put zippers up and down you and a few other ACTUAL bullies on this board because the owner and most of the moderators know that you guys are d-bags..........or as I hear in my PM's.....low hanging fruit.

It's a product. A sh*tty product.

And you can say........well then don't buy it.........but if that happened, you wouldn't have a team.

And btw Beerball......if you allow a thread like this to be created then what is your purpose here?

It can only progress one way.........so knowing that.....if you aren't going to let it run it's course.......then why even allow it to start?

Here is a suggestion.........when an actual football/Bills opinion is posted and someone just jumps on them with an insult without even offering a football take in response....delete it.

That is easily the biggest weakness of this board.........and discourages A LOT of people from being involved in the discussion.

And because you guys condone it others join in because they think it's the thing to do.

I even saw Kirby do it in a recent thread.........if you want the quality of discussion to improve that is the first thing that has to go.

Just because you are cantankerous and a curmudgeon that doesn't mean that what you have to say isn't seriously considered. You are one of a number of thoughtful people whose comments, whether I agree with or not, provokes thought. So please don't lose your acidic tongue in expressing your challenging thoughts. Some people can't handle your unvarnished contrarian positions that go against the company. Tough. That is their problem.

The primary problem I have with this particular thread is that it has spiraled out of control into personal assaults. Sometimes when one is being personally assaulted it is better not to take the bait and give a retaliatory response. There is nothing positive to be gained when dealing with someone who is simply being combative. If someone is being combative yet thoughtful then it is worth a response. But when someone is simply being combative with no contributing thoughts then what is the point of responding.

Getting back to the subject of the Lawson pick I respectfully but strenuously disagree with your position. Yes, I agree that it wasn't an inspiring pick. One of the problems with this lagging organization is that it too often outsmarts itself. Instead of taking a fundamentally sound approach that organizations such as the Steelers and the Ravens take they try to get too creative when it is not necessary. I understand why people disagree with selecting him because of his injury issue. But the bottom line is that he is a talented and versatile lineman who in the end will be a contributor. Nothing wrong with that. More often than not the inspirational approach is the long shot approach that doesn't work out. The safe approach may be more boring but in the long run it will prove to be more productive.

I learn things about the Bills here from posters all the time.........that's a great part of TSW.

There just always seems to be a group that thinks it's up to them to decide who can post an opinion........and that scares away lurkers who might have good takes.

And I mean.......if you are emoulds........you've shared dead-on info here and if the next time you post something you are likely to hear a "congratulations on being the bearer of bad news" BS.......why share?

And yeah a lot of great friendships are formed on this board and I am not closed to being friends with any of these folks that I go back and forth with..........but they gotta' let people express themselves here.

Otherwise we end up with a circle jerk of bullies and the discussions get nowhere.

The McCoy discussion has been contentious at times but what he offers has really been fleshed out in far greater detail than the felating he sometimes gets from the national media more for being a celebrity than the actual, dynamic take-it-to-the-house from anywhere at anytime back that he truly isn't

Now if some of us relented at the first sign of personal attacks for our opinions........it wouldn't have progressed.......because that is often the first response to a negative viewpoint here.

All smack talk from me aside, I think it's obvious that there are shills on this board, at least one for sure, absolutely no doubt about that one... and that part of their job is to drown out anyone who slams this organization.

All smack talk from me aside, I think it's obvious that there are shills on this board, at least one for sure, absolutely no doubt about that one... and that part of their job is to drown out anyone who slams this organization.

Which one?!?!!

Which one?!?!!

You can't tell? :lol:

Well, I'm not going to directly out him, that wouldn't be very nice... but if you put on your detective hat & dig thru the very few posts I've made since about a week ago, I'm sure you will figure it out.

ETA: JMO as always. B-)

Edited by Rico

You can't tell? :lol:

Well, I'm not going to directly out him, that wouldn't be very nice... but if you put on your detective hat & dig thru the very few posts I've made since about a week ago, I'm sure you will figure it out.

ETA: JMO as always. B-)

Not every fan needs to act like a heartbroken woman.

Positivity is allowed, especially in peak offseason

Not every fan needs to act like a heartbroken woman.

Positivity is allowed, especially in peak offseason

Couldn't agree more, I'm just talking about the shills.

I for one am sky high over Tyrod Taylor's potential, 1st time since Flutie and really Kelly that I genuinely am pleased about the Bills starting QB, CAN'T WAIT to watch him this year. :thumbsup: I also think that Rex will have a much better 2nd year as HC, now that he has acclimated to the trash he works with at OBD. Keep hope alive!

It's interesting (and disappointing) what this thread has devolved into, and I apologize to all for my small part in it -- I've certainly got better things to do than get into pissing contests with anonymous fans. For the record, I don't think the thread should have ever been created; I certainly don't have any problem with fans who want to analyze the goings on at OBD and give critical analysis. I also think it's clear that certain people simply don't know what it means to treat others with respect, even if you don't agree with their perspective.

Have a great weekend. Go Bills.

The next few days will be why I sometimes hate being a Bills fan-

The negative BS about to start spewing on this site and on WGR will be monumentally ugly-

Let the negativity begin!!!!

There is always next year! :death:

Just kidding! I look forward to this season, having no expectations, except that Buffalo will play at least sixteen games.

I cannot wait until the home opener and tailgate.

I will cheer the Bills every week.

Hey, they are my team! Why waste time spewing bad vibes MONTHS before the season starts? (no did not drink the kool-aid)

I have been waiting for another championship title since the AFL days. :thumbsup:

It's interesting (and disappointing) what this thread has devolved into, and I apologize to all for my small part in it -- I've certainly got better things to do than get into pissing contests with anonymous fans. For the record, I don't think the thread should have ever been created; I certainly don't have any problem with fans who want to analyze the goings on at OBD and give critical analysis. I also think it's clear that certain people simply don't know what it means to treat others with respect, even if you don't agree with their perspective.

this!

the thread was created for a purpose and that was not singling out anyone. that was for addressing the counter point to the argument made of all those who drink the kool aid and shill and pander the in line step of all things happy buffalo. individuals who took it personally against or for - they are the ones who brought it to a different level but that's allowed. its not bad and it doesn't have to be good. it just is.

I only snipped this for brevity. I hope to see you at the opener, and tip back a few. I like your posts because you are an equal opportunity pull no punches mofo.

That said. Screw you! :lol:

<snipped your post for brevity only>

You mean like this?

"May 21, 1960:

WBEN radio announces that the Buffalo Bills Football Network, anchored by play by play man Van Miller, with color commentary from Ralph Hubbell, is 20 stations strong!"

Edited by rockpile

The ironic thing is that some of the people others think are negative aren't really all that negative, historically speaking. In the late 90s, Badol recognized the strengths but also provided fair criticism of the weaknesses. i distinctly remember a great takedown of jerry ostroski and the right side of the line after the end of the 99 season (i think) which seemed negative, but it really wasn't - it was merely accurate. He was a rational defender and supporter of donohoe for chrissake (i wasn't because i was a butler/aj supporter). Not that we should expect everyone to be have a deep knowledge of this board's history, but when people start casting aspersions on others here for "negativity," they often don't know that poster's deep history here. Same goes for rico and GG. If i had to characterize them as anything, they're very knowledgable realists who don't fall for the bs that the team puts forth every year because they've been paying attention for a long time. Over the years, I've learned more from badol than any poster here about what makes teams good and what makes them bad.

Anyway, the bills are a sick organization (not team, but organization), and that strikes me as pretty obvious. The good news is the fix is relatively easy--this is hardly brain surgery. It just has to be done.

I only snipped this for brevity. I hope to see you at the opener, and tip back a few. I like your posts because you are an equal opportunity pull no punches mofo.

That said. Screw you! :lol:

amazing how we all get along at the tailgates. amazing how so many of us with differing opinions know how to be polite and avoid topics which set off arguments here.

of course, and we get in to chest thumping on the actual contributions to the board. as if one statement of opinion is more valuable than another. it never is. its opinion. its when false facts and ill conceived data are used to support an argument that it degrades to nonsense dribble. there has been a little too much of that around here. it's the offseason and its one of those phases we have around here. the moderators seem to understand this and let us hash it out to cleanse the bull ****. its appreciated in their thankless job. the mods do a great job and even beerball tries really really hard some times.

... snippped because long quotes suck...

your posts need no excuses or apologizes. if people can't get over your presentation so be it. you're not overly jerk-ish or a prick. you're just cranky and bitter some times but you provide substance to your statements which outweighs the snark. i don't agree with everythign you say and some times see you as a bit over the top (as if i'm not, right?) but there are many who can cast aside that to value what you and others offer - even if highly offensive sometimes.