NFL Sunday Ticket 2016

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FWIW.. last season I used an online service called AD-Free time (AFT). I used it because it sends my DNS traffic through specific servers that mocked my location elsewhere than Cleveland, and therefor allowed me to sign up for MLB.tv and stream my local Indians (cut the cord several years ago), something I couldn't do locally.

Long story short, when I went to sign up for gamepass it somehow believed I was foreign, and also allowed LIVE streaming of all games, NOT delayed. it appears in foreign markets, gamepass serves as sunday ticket. It cost $99 and I streamed all games, all season. AFT costs $1.99/mo and also blocks ads from your browser at a universal level, no browser extensions needed. Really worth it.

I haven't signed up for GP this year, so I can't say it still works, or would have ever worked for anyone else, but worth a try. Once you've signed up for AFT, go to the gamepass sign up screen and see if refers to LIVE streaming of games, if so, i believe it will think you're foreign and should work. If you don't see live as an option and it wouldn't be working. At worst you've lost one month of Ad free fee's ($1.99). BTW AFT bills via paypal, so you aren't handing over CC info to them.

Edited by Ohiostyle

FWIW.. last season I used an online service called AD-Free time (AFT). I used it because it sends my DNS traffic through specific servers that mocked my location elsewhere than Cleveland, and therefor allowed me to sign up for MLB.tv and stream my local Indians (cut the cord several years ago), something I couldn't do locally.

Long story short, when I went to sign up for gamepass it somehow believed I was foreign, and also allowed LIVE streaming of all games, NOT delayed. it appears in foreign markets, gamepass serves as sunday ticket. It cost $99 and I streamed all games, all season. AFT costs $1.99/mo and also blocks ads from your browser at a universal level, no browser extensions needed. Really worth it.

I haven't signed up for GP this year, so I can't say it still works, or would have ever worked for anyone else, but worth a try. Once you've signed up for AFT, go to the gamepass sign up screen and see if refers to LIVE streaming of games, if so, i believe it will think you're foreign and should work. If you don't see live as an option and it wouldn't be working. At worst you've lost one month of Ad free fee's ($1.99). BTW AFT bills via paypal, so you aren't handing over CC info to them.

Nice. I tried to do streaming, only to be told I couldnt. I was going to do gamepass anyway, because the tolls alone to go to the bar each week would be close to breaking even.

I think I'll give this a look.

I have no issue with paying the NFL to watch their content. I'm just annoyed that they insist on restrictions that prevent people from access.

Nice. I tried to do streaming, only to be told I couldnt. I was going to do gamepass anyway, because the tolls alone to go to the bar each week would be close to breaking even.

I think I'll give this a look.

I have no issue with paying the NFL to watch their content. I'm just annoyed that they insist on restrictions that prevent people from access.

Just for fun I just checked the gamepass website while I still have AFT active (still streaming the Indians (Go Tribe!!!)), and it showing LIVE games as the option, but this year it shows a price of $200 (Boo!).

Just for fun I just checked the gamepass website while I still have AFT active (still streaming the Indians (Go Tribe!!!)), and it showing LIVE games as the option, but this year it shows a price of $200 (Boo!).

For some reason, I'm able to live stream without any additional items.

Don't know why, but I'm not asking.

:lol:

Tried to get me a deal yesterday. No such luck. Could not even get through to Customer Retention to plead a case. It was a deaf ear for me. No "relief" or promos

this time. They didn't take my threat to leave serious as I have an obligation through next July/August. But they sure wanted to add on more "stuff" to my account.

For some reason, I'm able to live stream without any additional items.

Don't know why, but I'm not asking.

:lol:

Best not to ask questions. Last year I went to sign up for it because that's where they moved the pre-season package, I figured I'd cancel after PS. Week 1 sure enough, I was able to stream all the games. The worst part is last year I had two people sign up for DTV and would have had access to their streams. This year gamepass isn't in the budget, and no DTV subcribers to be found... :(

Huh, weird. Using it through normal channels I see the standard $100 for Game Pass. Maybe it's one of those things (like with Netflix) that when you open it up outside of the US they direct you to where there are more options.

Huh, weird. Using it through normal channels I see the standard $100 for Game Pass. Maybe it's one of those things (like with Netflix) that when you open it up outside of the US they direct you to where there are more options.

Yeah, I think the $100 option is just the US version where you get delayed games, and other features, since it believes I'm foreign, i get the full-featured option for $200. Like i said, I'm not sure how or why its working, but it is. They have an option there for me where it can do 4 payments of $59.99 for a total of $236.99, I might be able to swing that. the bad part is that cancelled the auto-renewal in Aug that would have been $124

Yeah, I think the $100 option is just the US version where you get delayed games, and other features, since it believes I'm foreign, i get the full-featured option for $200. Like i said, I'm not sure how or why its working, but it is. They have an option there for me where it can do 4 payments of $59.99 for a total of $236.99, I might be able to swing that. the bad part is that cancelled the auto-renewal in Aug that would have been $124

You don't have to be foreign, just need the proper address.

I'm in PA, and can get the live streams.

You don't have to be foreign, just need the proper address.

I'm in PA, and can get the live streams.

Honestly, as far as i can tell that defies all the rules as I know them. Gamespass domestically operates differently, and ST is LIVE streaming option.

To be clear, I'm not signed up for gamepass, but nflsundayticket.tv.

Ah, that makes more sense. If you live somewhere that you can't get DTV, for landscape, or apartment reasons then they'll sell you ST without DTV. One advantage to GP is that it includes playoffs and the SB, and ST doesn't.

In summation: for approx $224 (1 x $199, and 6 x $1.99) and a very small bit of technical know-how, ANYONE can stream all NFL games. The legality is a bit dubious, but it's not like you aren't paying the same thing a ST subscriber would, just without the DTV that many people don't want or need. Hope this helps anyone on the fence.

Thanks, i think that explains it better than I can.

This is harder than you think. The NFL blocks access from a lot of these virtual networks, and all the free ones that I know about, so finding one that will work is tricky and will certainly cost you something. And then you run the risk of it being blocked at any time and you being out of luck and back to square one.

Plus, $200 for the game pass overseas with live events is the same price as Direct TV streaming here in the US. So if you're going to lie and say that you live overseas why not lie and say you live in an apartment to get the more reliable system?

Edited by vincec

This is harder than you think. The NFL blocks access from a lot of these virtual networks, and all the free ones that I know about, so finding one that will work is tricky and will certainly cost you something. And then you run the risk of it being blocked at any time and you being out of luck and back to square one.

Plus, $200 for the game pass overseas with live events is the same price as Direct TV streaming here in the US. So if you're going to lie and say that you live overseas why not lie and say you live in an apartment to get the more reliable system?

Bluntly? Because there are a busload of qualifiers on top of cement. You have to be a college student or living in an apartment complex or in a metropolitan area being important enough. Otherwise you don't qualify.

Bluntly? Because there are a busload of qualifiers on top of cement. You have to be a college student or living in an apartment complex or in a metropolitan area being important enough. Otherwise you don't qualify.

Like I said, it worked for me all last season, and it appears that it would work at least initially this year. They may block it at some point (doubtful), but I just say I signed up for the service to block ad's which is it's purpose, and gamepass was offered with live games so I used them. It's not as if I used the service to gain GP, it was a byproduct of it. How to Geek which was linked to earlier in the thread, is a very reputable website which gave instructions for this very thing.

This is akin to people who use browser add-ons to make netflix think they're overseas and therefor gain access to UK version of netflix, and the tons extra content that goes along with it, or how about netflix, amazon prime, or HBOGo password sharing. It's publicly frowned upon, but what are companies alternatives, refuse the money? They've turned a blind eye to it time and time again.

Just tried myself. Our situation is a little different since we just switched cell service last October to ATT. First rep I got did nothing. Then I asked if kicking up to retention would do anything so he did. Since we just signed with ATT he gave us MAX free. Then I asked about 4K Genie and said if I wanted it I would have to upgrade the package from Extra to Ultimate and that would cost me another $10 per month but the equipment would be free. And I would have to sign for 2 years with them. I don't intend on moving anyway but I made him a offer since I was going to be on for another 2 years. Said if he gave me Sunday Maxx for free for 2 years or waive the $10 a year charge for two years. He said he could do better than that. Gave me Ultimate free. Equipment for free and $25 off my bill for 2 years and Maxx for free. Not bad!

Called last night, first person offered about $50 savings total. Asked for Retention, ended up with $50 off a month for 12 months and about another $50 in other discounts. Did have to re-up for 12 months but after 16 years don't think I will be changing so I opted for that rather than $40 off without the 12 month agreement.

Okay, so I have never waited this long but finally made the call a few hours ago. Talked to a friendly, front-line woman and told her I was looking to lower my bill. She only offered me $10 per month off of the sports package ($14 per month normally) for the next 6 months. Didn't seem like she was going to dig any further for me so I politely asked her after 5 minutes if she could transfer me to Customer Retention to see if they could do anything more for me. She said, "sure". Next, talked to a guy in Customer Retention who was originally from Ontario, Canada (just over the border from Michigan). Again, told him I was looking to lower my bill and he said that I was at the right place and that he would definitely be able to help me. I said it would be nice if maybe I could do something about the NFL Sunday Ticket and left it at that. He asked who my favorite NFL team was and when I told him the Bills, he said he's always liked them and had been to some games at The Ralph. We talked football for a minute and then I turned the conversation to hockey and he said that although he was a Red Wings fan, he'd always like the Sabres, too, and said the Wings needed to tank to get back on track. We talked sports for a good 10 minutes or more before turning to the finances. Very cool, nice guy. He started looking at things and said, "I see that you're eligible for Free NFL Sunday Ticket Max." I coyly said, "Really??" lol. It was all gravy from there. Here is what I got. I'm more than happy:

- Free NFL Sunday Ticket Max ($359.94 savings).

- $59.99 one-time credit for the first installment of NFL Sunday Ticket Max that had been charged to my account (and paid) on my last billing statement a few days prior.

- $10 per month off the sports package for the next 6 months ($60 savings).

- $40 per month off my bill for the next 12 months ($480 savings).

Total savings: $899.94 (not counting the $59.99 credit)! :thumbsup::beer:

Good luck to anyone else who still plans to try but hasn't yet.

Edited by ExWNYer

Okay, so I have never waited this long but finally made the call a few hours ago. Talked to a friendly, front-line woman and told her I was looking to lower my bill. She only offered me $10 per month off of the sports package ($14 per month normally) for the next 6 months. Didn't seem like she was going to dig any further for me so I politely asked her after 5 minutes if she could transfer me to Customer Retention to see if they could do anything more for me. She said, "sure". Next, talked to a guy in Customer Retention who was originally from Ontario, Canada (just over the border from Michigan). Again, told him I was looking to lower my bill and he said that I was at the right place and that he would definitely be able to help me. I said it would be nice if maybe I could do something about the NFL Sunday Ticket and left it at that. He asked who my favorite NFL team was and when I told him the Bills, he said he's always liked them and had been to some games at The Ralph. We talked football for a minute and then I turned the conversation to hockey and he said that although he was a Red Wings fan, he'd always like the Sabres, too, and said the Wings needed to tank to get back on track. We talked sports for a good 10 minutes or more before turning to the finances. Very cool, nice guy. He started looking at things and said, "I see that you're eligible for Free NFL Sunday Ticket Max." I coyly said, "Really??" lol. It was all gravy from there. Here is what I got. I'm more than happy:

- Free NFL Sunday Ticket Max ($359.94 savings).

- $59.99 one-time credit for the first installment of NFL Sunday Ticket Max that had been charged to my account (and paid) on my last billing statement a few days prior.

- $10 per month off the sports package for the next 6 months ($60 savings).

- $40 per month off my bill for the next 12 months ($480 savings).

Total savings: $899.94 (not counting the $59.99 credit)! :thumbsup::beer:

Good luck to anyone else who still plans to try but hasn't yet.

Excellent deal! Congrats!

I streamed yesterday's game in the PS4 and the quality was the best i have had for any game. Anyone else have a good experience? I have no idea if it's the new TV processing the connection faster? If resetting the modem made that big a difference? Good stuff though.

Sundayticket.tv on a computer (hooked directly wired to router) was way smoother and HD as well.

Sundayticket.tv on a computer (hooked directly wired to router) was way smoother and HD as well.

I got the same performance as previous years. Stream hangs occasionally at start of game then smoothes out by halftime or so. For what you pay, it really shouldn't do that, but I've been through it with DTV before and it is what it is.

Edited by vincec

I called Direct TV and the salesman told me it would be $400, but I asked to speak to the retention department and they agreed to PAY ME $400 to watch the games on their service. Plus they gave me free Direct TV for 5 years, stock in their company and an honorary position as vice president in charge of negotiation, which comes with an annual salary of $100,000 per year.

I called Direct TV and the salesman told me it would be $400, but I asked to speak to the retention department and they agreed to PAY ME $400 to watch the games on their service. Plus they gave me free Direct TV for 5 years, stock in their company and an honorary position as vice president in charge of negotiation, which comes with an annual salary of $100,000 per year.

That my friend was an awesome deal :thumbsup:

If i pay you$20...will you call them for me?

Sorry for the stupid question but - I have two daughters in college. Can I have one of them sign up for the ST streaming for $200 and use that login to watch the games on my laptop?

Yes, and it's only $99.

Step 1: Google Sunday Ticket College.

Step 2: Enter student's name, school and birth date. Be sure to use the exact same name she's registered under.

Step 3: Enter an account email and credit card. Neither has to be hers.

I used my son-in-law last year and my niece this year. Not sure what I'll do next year.

Yes, and it's only $99.

Step 1: Google Sunday Ticket College.

Step 2: Enter student's name, school and birth date. Be sure to use the exact same name she's registered under.

Step 3: Enter an account email and credit card. Neither has to be hers.

I used my son-in-law last year and my niece this year. Not sure what I'll do next year.

just use same info I can't believe they would verify enrollment

just use same info I can't believe they would verify enrollment

Actually they DO verify enrollment! The website must have a link to some master student database somewhere. If the name of the student, school and birth date don't match, it won't go through.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

I streamed yesterday's game in the PS4 and the quality was the best i have had for any game. Anyone else have a good experience? I have no idea if it's the new TV processing the connection faster? If resetting the modem made that big a difference? Good stuff though.

Was near flawless on firetv stick. Too bad the football blew :P

Edited by joesixpack