ON THE CLOCK - INSIDE THE BILLS' DRAFT ROOM

Love that segment. It's gotten better each year, kudos to the Bills media/ video production team. They've stepped their game up over the past few years. :beer:

It was interesting to hear the cheers when Jack went. I mean, I personally would have rather had Jack over Reggie (even though I like the Ragland pick a lot) but it was a bit comforting to hear how enthused the whole room was when Jack went over Ragland.

There will be a part 2 for this I would imagine, right? For the day 3 picks?

Also, Leori -- did you make the cut this year?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And, how long before Monos is nabbed to be a GM somewhere?

I've said this a few times now - not long in my estimation. The Bis putting together a 10 win season and making the play-offs would likely be the final piece of the puzzle for making his case. Comes across as a smart thinker with a bit of personality and charisma.

It's pretty cool to hear that Washington was John Blake's (D-Line coach) number 1 rated player. He might not be the best at playing the run, but the rest of the front 7 plays pretty well against the run, including the first two picks.

Obviously Washington has to put in the work and develop, but I love his potential. I can't remember the last time they drafted an interior D-lineman who's main strength is rushing the passer.

They were just as pumped with Washington still being available as they were with both of their first two picks being available. They think he might end up being one of the steals of the draft.

I don't know if I'd go that far but I will say that the handful of times I watched OSU this year, Adolphus Washington was all over the freaking place blowing shlt up.

They were just as pumped with Washington still being available as they were with both of their first two picks being available. They think he might end up being one of the steals of the draft.

I don't know if I'd go that far but I will say that the handful of times I watched OSU this year, Adolphus Washington was all over the freaking place blowing shlt up.

Hey watch your mouth - we don't say steals.

Just watched the video and 2 questions:

Were the Bills not interested in Myles Jack? And, how long before Monos is nabbed to be a GM somewhere?

I don't know, his love of ugly-ass sport coats may scare potential teams off. Maybe TT will help him pick some more!

That was a fun piece. Thanks Yolo!

Wait, CornerBlitz is the same as Yolo?

Just watched the video and 2 questions:

Were the Bills not interested in Myles Jack? And, how long before Monos is nabbed to be a GM somewhere?

I think the implication is they were interested in Myles Jack - Whaley said he was on their draft board - but they did not have a 1st round grade on him.

I'd like to hear why they didn't like Myles Jack at the beginning of round 2. If they moved all the way up and took Ragland instead of Jack I think a lot of people would have been shocked

It had to be the medical on Jack.

It had to be the medical on Jack.

this is my question too. They were more interested in Ragland than Jack, at least per the video though I'm sure it was edited. Still, they cheered when Jack went 5 picks before them. Maybe they just didn't want to trade up far enough to get him? Still, the cheers were interesting considering you would think they might hope he kept sliding to the Bears spot at 41 if they liked him.

I think the implication is they were interested in Myles Jack - Whaley said he was on their draft board - but they did not have a 1st round grade on him.

The implication is that they had moved him down because of the medical and they still thought the 2nd was too big of a risk. There was clearly some consensus that his knee was a serious problem or else a top 5 player does not fall to the 2nd round.

I'd like to hear why they didn't like Myles Jack at the beginning of round 2. If they moved all the way up and took Ragland instead of Jack I think a lot of people would have been shocked

Would have cost too much is my guess to move that far.

I look at Washington as a look at the future.

Meatballs career in in its sunset.......this was a strong draft for down linemen....the bills plucked one.

I wonder if we are gonna look back at this draft in a couple of years and point to it as why Whaley is named GM of the year.

- S. Lawson - stud

- Ragland - enforcer

- Washington - the new Meatball?

We might pluck as many as 5 eventual key contributers out of this draft