2017 NFL Mock Drafts & Top Prospects

26CornerBlitz

It may seem like too much weight is put on the athletic testing, but it is actually outweighed by those game tapes you mentioned, interviews, and background checks. A lot of the perception that 40 times, etc. outweigh everything else is manipulated by the very hyperbole surrounding the events themselves. All things being equal, better athleticism wins out though. It's also very position specific, too. And it is good to see a physical basis for how a prospect's game might translate to the next level.

Your point is well taken. But it seems that the combine is being downgraded by many of the players, on the advice of their reps, who either do not participate in it or if they show up they limit the events they are willing to participate in. It seems to me that the post combine staged workouts are becoming more popular and important.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I've found my Elandon Roberts for this year: K-State's Charmeachealle Moore

Fast, active, aggressive. Love his style.

Also, I still see you, Dante Barnett...no matter how many analysts say that you had a bad senior season.

That first name is from a Key and Peele skit, right?

I think I've found my Elandon Roberts for this year: K-State's Charmeachealle Moore

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=z161USWRfrg

Also, I still see you, Dante Barnett...no matter how many analysts say that you had a bad senior season.

If you start caping for Elijah Lee and Jordan Willis too, I'm going to assume K-State are paying you off ;)

If you start caping for Elijah Lee and Jordan Willis too, I'm going to assume K-State are paying you off ;)

I'm pissed off at analysts who are down on Barnett.

One look at the Stanford tape should have them questioning that assessment.

I've seen UDFA grades on him; for me he's an early-mid day 3 guy all the way.

I expanded my top 10 to a top 20, included grades as I work stacking my board and the prospects themselves in this early version. I included my current ranking system which has changed over the years. Included a numerical equivalent I used to use. Always looking for constructive criticism and feedback, fire away :D.

#1 Pick (Grade any draft Hall of Fame caliber player)(100)

TOP 5 (Grade any draft Immediate elite level starter all-pro rookie)(99-95)

1 Myles Garrett (DE Texas A & M)

2 Malik Hooker (FS OSU)

3 Reuben Foster (ILB/OLB Alabama)

4 Jamal Adams (SS/FS LSU)

5 Leonard Fournette (RB LSU)(MedRF)

6 - Jonathan Allen (DT/DE Alabama)(MedRF)

TOP 10 (Grade any draft Immediate impact starter long term all pro ability)(90-94)

7 Marshon Lattimore (CB OSU)(MedRF)

8 Solomon Thomas (DE Stanford)

9 Corey Davis (WR W. Michigan)(MedRF)

10 Dalvin Cook (RB FSU)

TOP 20 (Grade any draft Immediate starter all pro/pro bowl potential)(85-89)

11 O.J. Howard (TE Alabama)

12 Sidney Jones (CB Washington)

13 Budda Baker (SS/FS Washington)

14 Mike Williams (WR Clemson)(MedRF)

15 Jalen Teez Tabor (CB Florida)(PersonalityRF)

16 Forrest Lamp (G/T W. Kentucky)

17 Marlon Humphrey (CB/S Alabama)

18 Zach Cunningham (OLB/ILB Vanderbilt)

19 David Njoku (RTE The U)

20 Derek Barnett (DE/OLB Tennessee)

21 - Ryan Ramczyk (LT Wisconsin)

22 Christian McCaffrey (RB Stanford)

1st Round (Grade any draft Compete for starting spot as a rookie, long term starter and all pro/pro bowl potential)(80-84)

2nd Round (Grade any draft Developmental starter year 2 and immediate roster depth, impact sub package, pro bowl potential)(70-79)

3rd Round (Grade any draft Long term developmental starter year 3, special teams contributor, impact sub package, pro bowl potential)(60-69)

4th Round (Grade any draft Depth player long term spot starter, special teams contributor, sub package, long term pro bowl potential)(50-59)

5th Round (Grade any draft Depth player, long term backup, special teams contributor, sub package)(40-49)

6th Round (Grade any draft Depth player with special teams ability, gut player, developmental roster/practice squad potential)(30-39)

7th Round (Grade any draft Developmental practice squad, major red flags, priority UDFA)(20-29)

UDFA (Grade any draft Undraftable/Chance Red Flags, developmental practice squad, not NFL material)(1-19)#1 Pick

Edited by P51

@BleacherReport

Now that the NFL season is over, it's time for an updated mock draft. Who will be the first ones off the board? http://ble.ac/2kkfG2v

C4AXEzFXAAIR555.jpg

10. Buffalo Bills

The Pick: DL Jonathan Allen, Alabama

If the Buffalo Bills do not address the quarterback position prior to the draft—either by restructuring Tyrod Taylor's deal or acquiring one via free agency or a trade—this pick could very well be Deshaun Watson or Patrick Mahomes. But Taylor is under contract for now, and my hunch is the Bills find a way to make that relationship work for another season at least.

General manager Doug Whaley and new head coach Sean McDermott will be tasked with adding impact players across the board, but with McDermott's specialty being the defensive line, I see Jonathan Allen as a perfect fit for the Bills, especially since Marcell Dareus is a constant headache for Buffalo.

At one time, Allen was considered a top-three player in this draft class, but concerns about prior shoulder injuries have pushed him down here to No. 10 overall. He could be an amazing value if his past ailments don't lead to more issues in the future. For a rebuilding Buffalo team, Allen can be a centerpiece on defense.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Important consideration for the Bills.

@MoveTheSticks

Finishing updated top 50 list...some really good CBs getting left out. No room. Teams are going to get tremendous value at that position.

If the Bills started the draft with Allen, Mahomes and Juju could anyone complain?

Are there any surgeries involved?

If the Bills started the draft with Allen, Mahomes and Juju could anyone complain?

If the Bills come away with Mahomes in this draft I will stop my campaign of harassing you. If the Bills use their first pick on a DB and don't come away with a serious qb prospect I will forever hold you responsible. Then the guerrilla war will never end. :D

I was on the E Roberts train with you last year, not on the C Moore train this year, I don't see it.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.