2017 NFL Mock Drafts & Top Prospects

26CornerBlitz

I figured he would be in the 4.45-4.50 bracket with a more than respectable 10-split. He's not a burner or anything but he can move for a guy his size. NFLDraftScout has him as a 4.48 guy, they're not usually that far off.

Undoubted WR1 for me. I don't think this is a Treadwell situation where he's hiding from being exposed. I wanted to see his 40 and his 3-cone for curiousity sake but this doesn't change anything for me.

I could not agree more, #1 WR in this draft for me, IMO he's the most complete WR in this draft by far. I would be very disappointed if they took M. Williams ahead of him, and I still like Mike.

The scouting community has been RAVING about Davis. It seems like the worst kept secret. He's a guy that will get drafted higher than some seem to expect imo. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he went 5.

I find it fascinating that I keep seeing him fall in mocks out of the top 10, I have him going 7 to San Diego in mine and would not be surprised one bit if he went before that. I had him as a top 10 (as a overall in any draft grade) and have seen nothing to deter that ranking.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@adamschefter

Corey Davis underwent minor ankle surgery, won't run at combine, will be ready for rookie minicamp. Injury described "as extremely minor."

Hmmmm. That is a worry because I think the one question mark on him might have been how fast is he going to run.

4.8? :flirt:

I have my doubts about his speed but that doesn't mean he can't be great.

I think he probably can't boost his stock with anything sub 4.5 and I don't think he can do that so this is probably a calculated decision.

This basically. I am with Badol. To be a top 10 pick he had to go out and run below 4.50 either at the combine or his pro-day for me. That he isn't going to run does give me a little pause.

With the 10th pick of the 2017 NFL drat the Buffalo Bills select.....

Whaley: "He will be on the field right off the bus"

Well at least he would be a much better prospect than Ragland who I doubt will do well in the new scheme.

What if we have another 8-8 type season again? I know what you are going to say before you will even say it: Wait until the next year. A generation has passed by with the same results. How about doing something differently by being proactive?

:death::death::death:

proactive for what, bum QBs?

Sure we should draft one but not early.

The best thing we can hope for is that with all the transition this team is going through that we do bad enough to get the best QB in 2018. This yrs crop is just not worth wasting a high pick on.

Well at least he would be a much better prospect than Ragland who I doubt will do well in the new scheme.

Yea will be interesting to see how Ragland fits. I am not as down as some on Ragland as a player (I think he moves better than people credit him with.... but I think he is quite a scheme specific fit and I'm not sure that scheme is McDermott's.

Corey is one of my top 5 guys for the 10th pick. I'm more than happy with him, Reuben Foster, Malik Hooker, Jamal Adams or Malik McDowell at that spot. Foster/Davis/Hooker, health concerns not being a long-term concern, are probably tied for my affections.

At 44, the list is a little bit loaded to needs. I haven't really dug into a ton of guys outside of need positions just yet. If JuJu drops to the 2nd, he's on the list. Antonio Garcia, Cordrea Tankersley, Quincy Wilson. If any of the big 4 QB's (Mahomes/Kizer/Watson/Trubisky) drop that far, they make it by proxy. I'll have a clearer idea on the Day 2 guys as I get through them.

but what about Kupp, he misses you :cry:

Yea will be interesting to see how Ragland fits. I am not as down as some on Ragland as a player (I think he moves better than people credit him with.... but I think he is quite a scheme specific fit and I'm not sure that scheme is McDermott's.

With the Ryans gone where would he go? not sure how he would fit in other 34 schemes like Wade's?

Kupp depends on the QB. I think his skill set is wasted on Tyrod. He's only worth a 2nd rounder if the team is going to feed him as a point of emphasis.

I think he would fit in masterfully in NE even though he wouldn't be the point of emphasis. I wouldn't draft a player higher based on QB, Id draft him were he is graded.

With the Ryans gone where would he go? not sure how he would fit in other 34 schemes like Wade's?

I don't think he HAS to play in a 3-4. I think he can be an MLB in plenty of 4-3 schemes... I'm just not sure he is a fit in a scheme like McDermott's or like Atlanta or Seattle play where it is largely cover 3 on the back end in base formations and therefore the linebackers need to be able to turn their hips and run with guys downfield at times. I think he could play for Schwartz for example - he certainly moves better than Brandon Spikes who Schwartz used to good effect in Buffalo and I think he could play in New England's D. Physically he is similar to Hightower, played the same position in the same defense in college. New England don't ask their mike to do too much in coverage. They use him as the kind of 'pivot' in the defence. I think Ragland could do that.

I think he would fit in masterfully in NE even though he wouldn't be the point of emphasis. I wouldn't draft a player higher based on QB, Id draft him were he is graded.

I agree, Would you draft Kupp (WR) with a mid 2nd round grade over a guy like Rosul Douglas (CB) with a late 2nd round grade in the 2nd round, if you needed a corner more and ran a running based offense with a QB who was not a very good passer?

My very early Bills draftboard would be Myles Garrett, Jonathon Allen, Solomon Thomas, Jamal Adams, Reuben Foster, Mike Williiams.......if any of those slide to us at 10- make pick, unless blown away by trade offer. If all off board, I would try and trade down, if no trading partners, I select OJ Howard TE. Not to mention, players named OJ have played great for the BIlls

The point is, how Kupp wins as a player has to match up to the strengths of the QB (the same as any other WR). As a get open early on the route type of short/intermediate guy, it's pointless investing that high a pick in him without having a QB that will consistently hit him in time, in stride and allow him to thrive. The Jarvis Landry comparison exists for the reason that both guys are who they are but you have to use them correctly to get the best version of them.

If the QB isn't quick with his reads, get a WR that does well with contested catches. If he throws a good deep ball, get a great tracker.

My very early Bills draftboard would be Myles Garrett, Jonathon Allen, Solomon Thomas, Jamal Adams, Reuben Foster, Mike Williiams.......if any of those slide to us at 10- make pick, unless blown away by trade offer. If all off board, I would try and trade down, if no trading partners, I select OJ Howard TE. Not to mention, players named OJ have played great for the BIlls

Great list! I would remove Adams and add Watson.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.