Bears release Matt Slauson -Signed w/ San Diego

JM57

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Glenn Extension gives the Bills a little wiggle room to work with to try and poach a vet June cut I would rather they go after a traditional NT. The Bills need a NT desperately. Dareus at NT seems like a waste and they don't have anyone on the roster that could fill that role as far as I know. But a vet Guard or Tackle wouldn't be a bad idea either. Either way I hope the front office is on the look out for a vet either at NT or along the O-line.

Dareus isn't playing the nose.

It will be T.J. Barnes and Stefan Charles when we lineup over the center - which won't be a lot. Our D line is going to be a gap penetrating motha.

The Bills signed the former Houston Texans top overall pick to a $100 million contract this off-season to jump start the team's pass rush. Buffalo recorded zero sacks and managed little pressure on Mark Sanchez outside of a first drive interception. Williams hit Sanchez one time in the game, per Tim Graham of The Buffalo News.

"Pass blocking doesn't include hands to the face," concluded Williams. "When someone tells the officials that, and they just walk away, or they don't call it, that is disheartening."

On the opposing sideline, Jets offensive lineman Matt Slauson spoke to Toronto Sun reporter John Kryk after the game. Both Slauson and Howard were ecstatic about the offensive line's play, and Slauson shared a change in New York's game plan as the game wore on.

"At the start of the game, we were sliding to Austin’s side," Slauson said. "But after a couple of plays, we saw he didn’t need any help. So we just went with normal stuff. Austin did exactly what we expected him to. We expected to not hear his name, or Mario’s name (called over the public address system)."

This is a high character, hard working player. What he has faced in his life and worked hard to address is amazing. A stuttering issue, being bullied because of it....All he knows is focus, working hard and leading. I would be proud if he chose to play for the Bills. I know this sounds sappy- but his intangibles are off the charts..

I think Rex realizes after losing Freddy, Aaron Williams and Kyle in the locker room every day last year -- that you need a few guys that just lead..a lot of players seem willing to step into leadership roles -- Watkins, Taylor, Dareus, Manny Lawson all seem ready to join Aaron, Kyle and Eric Wood in that role...Slauson would add to this growing group...

This is a high character, hard working player. What he has faced in his life and worked hard to address is amazing. A stuttering issue, being bullied because of it....All he knows is focus, working hard and leading. I would be proud if he chose to play for the Bills. I know this sounds sappy- but his intangibles are off the charts..

I think Rex realizes after losing Freddy, Aaron Williams and Kyle in the locker room every day last year -- that you need a few guys that just lead..a lot of players seem willing to step into leadership roles -- Watkins, Taylor, Dareus, Manny Lawson all seem ready to join Aaron, Kyle and Eric Wood in that role...Slauson would add to this growing group...

And seems like 3 of our rookies are awfully comfortable being future leaders as the vets slowly move on.

Dareus isn't playing the nose.

It will be T.J. Barnes and Stefan Charles when we lineup over the center - which won't be a lot. Our D line is going to be a gap penetrating motha.

Dareus played a LOT of 1-tech last year.

Also, TJ Barnes was lousy in spot duty; Stefan Charles is a Detroit Lion.

Because people expect immediate results. If a player isn't playing near pro-bowl level by the end of his rookie year, he needs to be replaced according to the thinking of many around here (and yeas am exaggerating some, maybe the level but not the concept) Not saying Slauson isn't better and that we shouldn't go after him. But the general concept leaves a team constantly replacing players, no time to develop.

If I recall Henderson was rookie of the month in Sept, people here were calling him the steal of the draft, yes he struggled later on, and last year likely the illness effected him all year. Now he's no good either. And they may be right, but if you replace these guys after one season, you'll never know

You often hear how rookies tire out as not use to training camp, then 4 weeks of per-season games, then 16 regular weeks, five full months compared to around 3 1/2 in college. O-line tend to not come out for rotations either, so probably even tough for them.

I'm sure the same people who are arguing that Miller should be replaced, in the next breath will then point out how many of Whaleys draft picks don't pan out, well kind of hard when you don't play the guy.

Not singling you out here, but your post is representative of a certain vocal sub-group around here, about how terrible Miller is, how the right side of the line sucked, etc. Yet the offense had a stellar year in rushing and Tyrod had few sacks while having a good enough year that he is now seriously be touted as a franchise QB. I don't know, maybe it's just me, but there seems to be a disconnect between the opinion you guys hold and the actual results. If you figure in that Miller was a rookie who suffered some injuries, that Seantrel was suffering from a debilitating illness which is now supposedly under control, is it not likely that there's more than a decent chance both will be much better this season? Why so glum?

Dareus played a LOT of 1-tech last year.

Also, TJ Barnes was lousy in spot duty; Stefan Charles is a Detroit Lion.

My fault on Charles and I agree Dareus played a ton at the 1 but I believe Rex knows that's not his position and it was done out of necessity. Are you saying you believe Dareus is our nose tackle and Rex thinks that's his position in the defense?

Slauson would be nice, but why wouldn't they have considered Jhari Evans if they wanted a one year rental. The price will be the same. I'm not against picking up Slauson. If he adds to the team, great.

Regarding Boldin, I thought Rex likes more of the speed guys vs. possession WR. He's been productive for a long time.

Great, more guys that are small and get hurt and can't play.

:thumbsup:

My 1st post is to give a "thumbs up" on a "release the deers" comment...pathetic! Gotta start somewhere!

:lol: .... :thumbsup:

Richardson

Ha i laughed so damn hard !!!!!

what the heck is this "release the deers" and is it related to "ground up, freezer" that is popping up in this thread?

The Bills signed the former Houston Texans top overall pick to a $100 million contract this off-season to jump start the team's pass rush. Buffalo recorded zero sacks and managed little pressure on Mark Sanchez outside of a first drive interception. Williams hit Sanchez one time in the game, per Tim Graham of The Buffalo News.

"Pass blocking doesn't include hands to the face," concluded Williams. "When someone tells the officials that, and they just walk away, or they don't call it, that is disheartening."

On the opposing sideline, Jets offensive lineman Matt Slauson spoke to Toronto Sun reporter John Kryk after the game. Both Slauson and Howard were ecstatic about the offensive line's play, and Slauson shared a change in New York's game plan as the game wore on.

"At the start of the game, we were sliding to Austin’s side," Slauson said. "But after a couple of plays, we saw he didn’t need any help. So we just went with normal stuff. Austin did exactly what we expected him to. We expected to not hear his name, or Mario’s name (called over the public address system)."

well, this tells us nothing, every team made Mario a non-factor