RD 1, Pick 19: DE Shaq Lawson, Clemson University

Beerball

@SalSports

. @LRiddickESPN just said on @WGR550 he's hearing Shaq Lawson could miss at least 1/2 season "and maybe the whole season." However....

....league source familiar w/Lawson’s rehab told me they are clearly not expecting him to miss that much time. More: http://www.wgr550.com/How-much-time-will-Shaq-Lawson-miss-/22818015

What a worthless report. :rolleyes:

4 months of rehab is aug 29th i believe, 5 months end of sept, 6 months oct 24. It's a shoulder injury not an acl. at most he'd miss 6 or 7 games if the rehab takes the full 6 months. you know who the 8th game is??? DA PATS!

Suggs came back in less time for an achilles injury which is a pretty bad injury. Unless I'm missing something this injury is getting a little overblown.

4 months of rehab is aug 29th i believe, 5 months end of sept, 6 months oct 24. It's a shoulder injury not an acl. at most he'd miss 6 or 7 games if the rehab takes the full 6 months. you know who the 8th game is??? DA PATS!

Suggs came back in less time for an achilles injury which is a pretty bad injury. Unless I'm missing something this injury is getting a little overblown.

Wasn't there something about a spleen...

With that type of surgery, you begin rehabbing the day of your surgery -- at least when I had my procedure done.

Weren't you afraid of possibly damaging your spleen with that aggressive rehab?

Aggressive rehab like that can lead to spleen related death.

Jax, If that's anywhere near true, it's one of the WORST contingency plans ever devised... I mean c'mon, why draft first rounders, when there's weathered veterans available? :lol: Seriously, It's not like the team hasn't made the playoffs in 17 years.

Here's the thing... if those six teams felt there was a CHANCE that the goods were damaged, did Lawson do himself, and his new team a disservice by saying unequivocally that they were not? -Was it ignorance or deliberate disinformation?

Did the team do ITSELF a disservice by underestimating the extent of the injury?... Was due diligence cast aside at any point becasue someone felt they NEEDED to make a sexy pick @ 19? -If so,who's decision was that? and what other information may have been cast aside so this kid could get drafted?

Let me be clear... I think Shaq Lawson has the highest of ceilings.... Still, what good is a ceiling in a house of cards?

I'd just like a little more straight talk from the grownups in this organization.

Flat out question: Why does anyone care? I mean seriously? Would you not have drafted Bruce Smith if they told you Bruce may miss the first 6 games of his HOF career because of a non career threatening surgery?

This on and on and on about this topic is so ridiculous to me. The kid can flat out ball and he had a minor injury...when I say minor I referencing the long term significance of the injury to his career. This wasn't like a torn ACL where he could lose some of his explosiveness and severely hold his career ceiling down. At the time of the draft, everyone knew he could need surgery, but also wasn't clear if he really would or not.. What mattered is that the Surgery wouldn't impact his upside long term. Once the kid got into camp and an impact reaggrivated it, they decided to make a quick decision and just do it and move past it. Would be way worse if this kid was a key starter going into the playoffs and aggravated it in a game and we lost him rest of season and playoffs. Much better to just get it out of the way and hope the team can be in contention when he comes back to hopefully make a meaningful impact down the stretch.

YOU DONT DRAFT A ROOKIE BECUAE OF WHAT HE WILL DO IN HIS FIRST 6 GAMES. You draft 1st round rookies for what you expect them to do over their first 4 to 6 years. This kid was the BEST player on the board when we drafted him, a player of great need (especially in a division where we MUST get to Tom Brady), and he slid to us ONLY because his surgery potential made him slightly less appealing then some of the prospects available in the first half of round 1.

How this board can't get over this is beyond me. The kid has a BRIGHT future...all high draft picks do. This surgery is no big deal, we have a vet that is serviceable while the kid heals. Whether this kid pan out in the NFL is anyones guess, just like any rookie...but his career isn't going to negatively impacted over this procedure, if anything, it gives him a higher chance at a successful career.

Flat out question: Why does anyone care? I mean seriously? Would you not have drafted Bruce Smith if they told you Bruce may miss the first 6 games of his HOF career because of a non career threatening surgery?

This on and on and on about this topic is so ridiculous to me. The kid can flat out ball and he had a minor injury...when I say minor I referencing the long term significance of the injury to his career. This wasn't like a torn ACL where he could lose some of his explosiveness and severely hold his career ceiling down. At the time of the draft, everyone knew he could need surgery, but also wasn't clear if he really would or not.. What mattered is that the Surgery wouldn't impact his upside long term. Once the kid got into camp and an impact reaggrivated it, they decided to make a quick decision and just do it and move past it. Would be way worse if this kid was a key starter going into the playoffs and aggravated it in a game and we lost him rest of season and playoffs. Much better to just get it out of the way and hope the team can be in contention when he comes back to hopefully make a meaningful impact down the stretch.

YOU DONT DRAFT A ROOKIE BECUAE OF WHAT HE WILL DO IN HIS FIRST 6 GAMES. You draft 1st round rookies for what you expect them to do over their first 4 to 6 years. This kid was the BEST player on the board when we drafted him, a player of great need (especially in a division where we MUST get to Tom Brady), and he slid to us ONLY because his surgery potential made him slightly less appealing then some of the prospects available in the first half of round 1.

How this board can't get over this is beyond me. The kid has a BRIGHT future...all high draft picks do. This surgery is no big deal, we have a vet that is serviceable while the kid heals. Whether this kid pan out in the NFL is anyones guess, just like any rookie...but his career isn't going to negatively impacted over this procedure, if anything, it gives him a higher chance at a successful career.

I think folks care because Shaq Lawson was propped up to be Mario's replacement last offseason in order to offset us having to cut him. Him missing a significant amount of time year one blows that argument up. Who is our EDGE guy replacing Mario in 2016 for the 1st Q of the season?

I think folks care because Shaq Lawson was propped up to be Mario's replacement last offseason in order to offset us having to cut him. Him missing a significant amount of time year one blows that argument up. Who is our EDGE guy replacing Mario in 2016 for the 1st Q of the season?

If you don't recognize the obvious and spout off again then IK is gonna punch you in the mouth. :lol: