RD 1, Pick 19: DE Shaq Lawson, Clemson University

Beerball

No one cares. Shaq Lawson is the topic. You're locking him in as a bust or what ?

When the hit at 1:38 is on Brady not Brad Kaaya everyone will be happy.

I just couldn't help but notice how ineffective he was in that "highlight" reel. He's obviously very weak. He had to have ten other players on Defense with him on every play. Can't see where he'll help our Defense. No. Not at all. I second Augie's suggestion.

If Shaq is ever going to reach his potential, he's gonna have to get WAY smarter... At the moment, he's just a big, dumb, physically gifted kid...While he's healing,, Shaq needs to hire an expert to help him with public speaking, and should probably take a few classes, (now that he can afford them without a scholarship.)

Sure, he can be great, but Lawson needs to develop as a human being before we start expecting all these great things from him.

Remember, there are 10 kinds of people in the world.

Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

well done Nanks!

He's going to miss a few games. We should cut him and fire everyone in the front office. And the beer and peanut guys.

NOOOOOOO not the Beer and Peanuts guy !!!!!!

If Shaq is ever going to reach his potential, he's gonna have to get WAY smarter... At the moment, he's just a big, dumb, physically gifted kid...While he's healing,, Shaq needs to hire an expert to help him with public speaking, and should probably take a few classes, (now that he can afford them without a scholarship.)

Sure, he can be great, but Lawson needs to develop as a human being before we start expecting all these great things from him.

Good idea. Maybe he could get Emmitt Smith to tutor him or, as Emmitt would say, "tudor him" in how to be successful at public speaking.

Warren Sapp, Terrell Suggs, Randy Moss are so eloquent. You have no point. Edited by Ryan L Billz

So, all great football players were/are developed human beings. Got it. Thanks for clearing that up.

GO BILLS!!!

So, all great football players were/are developed human beings. Got it. Thanks for clearing that up.

GO BILLS!!!

:lol:

Well written post!

Even some of the bored, shiftless, petulant, lemmings on this board could help Shaq out.

As long as he can throw a offensive linemen into the low seats.....I dont care if he can spell his own name

I think everyone wants to see him succeed on the field.. IMO, some self-improvement would help that process along..

Edited by #34fan

Help yourself. This is the best place to record this line of thinking.

toilet-paper.jpg

C'mon 26, what line of thinking? I was just riffing on JfH's post about Lawson being able to spell his own name with a take from an old Bill Cosby routine. It wasn't an attack on Lawson's intellect.

GO BILLS!!!

Now comes the "I know you are, but what am I"? portion of your shmuckery... No thanks.

Not my style. Why so defensive?

GO BILLS!!!

C'mon 26, what line of thinking? I was just riffing on JfH's post about Lawson being able to spell his own name with a take from an old Bill Cosby routine. It wasn't an attack on Lawson's intellect.

GO BILLS!!!

Not your line of thinking of course. The one that originally critiqued Shaq as if he's dumb.

Not your line of thinking of course. The one that originally critiqued Shaq as if he's dumb.

Sorry, but The kid comes off as being a little dumb...

Every peice of film, and media I've seen on Lawson led me to say that... It's not an endictment, but an admonishment... He's a young guy who left school as a junior... I hope he continues to further his education...

Whether that happens or not, I hope he reaches out to someone for help in the area of public speaking.... Collecting, organizing, and vocalizing his thoughts... Whether he plays this year or not, the media is going to be ALL OVER him.... You can bet I'm not the only one with this perception.

Edited by #34fan